SASS Wire Forum

What is the best way to sell

Tom Muley

I'm selling all my guns. After 50 years of owning guns, I'm finnaly going to sell. Never sold any guns before and I'm trying to find the best way to let go of 20+ lightly used guns. Should I consign, sell direct to dealer, auction, pawn, give away. Rugers, Marlin, Browning, Llama, RG, Remington, Winchester, H&R, Rossi......................rifles, handguns, shotguns.

What gun shop in Southern California?

Your in luck I saw this before you got rid of any of them. Send me a PM of what you have for sale. I can buy or have friends that can take them off your hands. We have a local FFL dealer who can do the paperwork. We are in Orange County and can drive to see them. Ask Forty Rod or Curly Cole about me, they know me. Maybe this is just pullin' my leg :D or stirrin' the pot, :lol: but if for real we can help you either rethink selling or buy and give you a fair price. At least give me first right of refusal. Thanks Tom.

Big Jake

List them hear or take Big Jake's offer .

You will git SCREWED going to a pawn shop or a gun shop .

Your in luck I saw this before you got rid of any of them. Send me a PM of what you have for sale. I can buy or have friends that can take them off your hands. We have a local FFL dealer who can do the paperwork. We are in Orange County and can drive to see them. Ask Forty Rod or Curly Cole about me, they know me. Maybe this is just pullin' my leg :D or stirrin' the pot, :lol: but if for real we can help you either rethink selling or buy and give you a fair price. At least give me first right of refusal. Thanks Tom.

Big Jake

I'm going to start making a list and take some pictures.

Some listing:

First gun I bought, Marlin 30-30..........1962.

Deer rifle...Winchester mdl70 30-06.......1973.

Cowboy

pair OMV Rugers SS 45lc untouched...except buffalo grips.......all paper work ,boxes

Rossi 20 inch double 12ga

45lc lever 92 SS

others.........non-cowboy

I don't shoot anymore and don't need them just locked in the safe.

Will be selling other items also...........clothing, boots, saddles, spurs, chaps, hats, holsters, belts, etc.

There is also an FFL who is a real fair dealing pard not far from you {Oak Hills}. Marshall Broussard The Cajun. He is a gun historian and can give you an accurate estimate on the fair market value of your items as well. Please let Uno or I know if you're interested and we'll put you in touch with him.

Just don't sell the chuck wagon Tom!

I'm selling all my guns. After 50 years of owning guns, I'm finnaly going to sell. Never sold any guns before and I'm trying to find the best way to let go of 20+ lightly used guns. Should I consign, sell direct to dealer, auction, pawn, give away. Rugers, Marlin, Browning, Llama, RG, Remington, Winchester, H&R, Rossi......................rifles, handguns, shotguns.

Well, you could gift them to me.. lol... or try SASS classified..

Hey, me too....... I'd love ta have a shot at what ya got!

There are several places you could go to sell them locally as well.

HUD does an auction twice a year in LA/OC area. In fact he has one coming up on the 28th of this month. You could call him and see what he says. I know several people that have sold stuff that way. You may be able to do better thru the wire tho cuz sometimes stuff don't sell like ya think it would. You can find his info on the web at

gunslinger auctions

There is also Little John's auction house in Orange, CA. They do several BIG auctions a year. You can also get his info on the web at:

Little John's auction

And lastly, if'n ya want ta donate a couple to a good cause, we would love to have some nice firearms for our auction at our 'Friends of NRA' dinner in San Bernardino in April. All the money raised goes to support shooting programs and organizations in the SoCal area. O.K. shameless plug....

I know of several reputable gun shops in the IE and OC areas as well.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what ya might want ta part with...... just be sure, I hate to see anyone liquidate their toys...

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Hey, me too....... I'd love ta have a shot at what ya got!

There are several places you could go to sell them locally as well.

HUD does an auction twice a year in LA/OC area. In fact he has one coming up on the 28th of this month. You could call him and see what he says. I know several people that have sold stuff that way. You may be able to do better thru the wire tho cuz sometimes stuff don't sell like ya think it would. You can find his info on the web at

gunslinger auctions

There is also Little John's auction house in Orange, CA. They do several BIG auctions a year. You can also get his info on the web at:

Little John's auction

And lastly, if'n ya want ta donate a couple to a good cause, we would love to have some nice firearms for our auction at our 'Friends of NRA' dinner in San Bernardino in April. All the money raised goes to support shooting programs and organizations in the SoCal area. O.K. shameless plug....

I know of several reputable gun shops in the IE and OC areas as well.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what ya might want ta part with...... just be sure, I hate to see anyone liquidate their toys...

JJJ-D

I will keep a couple that I may want to plink with. I don't hunt anymore and I don't cowboy (cartiage) shoot anymore.

They are only toys if you play with them.

The chuck wagon was sold years ago. Got the 'Morning Thunder' coffee buggy up for sale on ck. Some of the cast iron cook wear will be up for sale.

I sent you a PM about the cast iron stuff. I have bought and sold a bunch of guns here on the SASS Wire over the years. If you have a Photo Bucket account (or some other picture hosting site) and a digital camera it sure makes things easier to sell. You can ship directly to an FFL dealer IF the dealer will accept the shipment for the buyer.

If you just want to clear out the guns quickly, Hud's auctions work well. I have taken stuff in for people that wanted to "get rid of their guns" usually it is an estate thing. Or if you can find a buyer like Big Jake that likes to buy a number of guns a once that can work out good for both parties.

If you don't mind waiting a while for your money you can consign them at a number of places. Andy at Walker 47 has treated me well as has Hud at Gunslingers. Lead Dispenser and Long Shot have a business called Lock, Stock and Barrel where they will sell guns and shooting stuff through their store in Simi Valley. I have not used their services but they are both great guys. They use Gunbroker, Auction Arms, eBay as well as sell stuff in their store so if you wanted to get rid of hunting & shooting related stuff besides the guns they will sell that for you as well.

There are a lot of options available and mostly it comes down to how much time you want to spend on it. Give me a call if you want.

Best of luck!

I will keep a couple that I may want to plink with. I don't hunt anymore and I don't cowboy (cartiage) shoot anymore.

They are only toys if you play with them.

Cool... I am in the market for a .45lc lever rifle for wild bunch....

Let me know if'n ya need help with photos and such, I ain;t far away ya know.

JJJ-D

Archived