SASS Wire Forum

1-4 inches they said....

Grizzly Dave

Looks like all Front Range stuff. Not flake here. Denver and Pueblo are pretty covered up on the radar. Good luck.

That's what they're saying here in NW Illinois too...we'll see!

Went to Menard's for some 2x4's at 7:15 AM, already people standing in line with snow shovels, kid on a lift truck piling up extra ice melter...I'm not going near a grocery store for love nor money today.

Wonder what people in the 19th Century would have thought of all this??

CS

That's what they're saying here in NW Illinois too...we'll see!

Went to Menard's for some 2x4's at 7:15 AM, already people standing in line with snow shovels, kid on a lift truck piling up extra ice melter...I'm not going near a grocery store for love nor money today.

Wonder what people in the 19th Century would have thought of all this??

CS

Wider boots!

We just got a dusting of snow. It's 18 above right now, with a wind chill of 1. This is as cold as it has been for weeks. Yesterdy we hit 50, and the fields were brown. There was a good article on the Fox News site that explained the effect of the Artic Oscillation and the North Atlantic Oscillation on the weather patterns.

Well, off to a session at cardiac rehab with my exercise coach Laura :wub:

Got nadda up here, have about 5 inches on teh ground from all winter, temps 40 to 60 during the day lot's of sun up here.

Getting worried about the water, hope we get hammered in Feb and March.

Count, did you know you can turn your dishwasher into a snowthrower?

All you have to do is give her a shovel ;)

Snow started a bit ago here in s central MN with 40mph wind gusts! It was 54 yesterday with bright sun and no wind, I can take that weather anyday.

Now I'm not setting a foot outside!

Ned

Oh come on the weather is just fine the snow just needs to pick up a little

Count, did you know you can turn your dishwasher into a snowthrower?

All you have to do is give her a shovel ;)

Marshal:

That won't work so well around here (part 1) unless you consider the person who loads and unloads the Kenmore to be a "dishwasher."

That won't work so well around here (part 2) because half the time I load & unload the Kenmore.

That won't work so well around here (part 3) ...you've met my wife!!

CS

I really don't mind the snow, or even the snow blowing, I just prefer to do my snowblowing in the morning of a day I don't have to go to work. Snowblowing after a day at the office sucks, it's ussually dark, cold, I'm already tired, whine whine whine.

Cowboy up Grizz!

Its not the cold that will get ya here.....

Its apache hawk getting ya stumbling drunk till ya pass out thats the problem. I've been warned if I ever see him with a marker to stay sober

;)

I really don't mind the snow, or even the snow blowing, I just prefer to do my snowblowing in the morning of a day I don't have to go to work. Snowblowing after a day at the office sucks, it's ussually dark, cold, I'm already tired, whine whine whine.

Cowboy up Grizz!

Just remember darkness is your friend.

1 nobody to see you snitching all the cookies

2 if its dark inside that sales man wont come to the door

3 the wife doesn't notice the extra padding due to the holidays.

Now if only I can rig up the fridge light to not turn on just for me. Remember... there may have been a cherry pie in the fridge... I may have eaten it.... but if she didn't see it she can't prove it :)

Got that new Winchester yet?

no.

smith said 2-3 weeks for his supplier to get them in, it's been two weeks today from when he said that... hope they come in soon while I still have the money is the checking account to pay the balance I owe on it.

It has been in the 50's the last couple of days in Chicago. We are expecting the temp to drop and 4-9 inches of snow tomorrow.

The saying is that if you don't like the weather in Chicago, wait 5 minutes and it;ll change.....

When it gets here.

Well, got home, snow blowed the walks and my hands were hurting from the cold, decided not to do the driveway, but needed to do one path on the drive to take the trash cans out, by the time I did that, hands didn't hurt any more so I stayed out and did the driveway.

Well, I moved out here from Detroit some time ago, mostly to get away from the crowd and the weather.

Last night I had frost and ice on my Pickemup windshield and the ice crystals never did melt today.

I really feel sorry for me. Don't you all feel sorry for me too?

:blink:

Marshal:

That won't work so well around here (part 1) unless you consider the person who loads and unloads the Kenmore to be a "dishwasher."

That won't work so well around here (part 2) because half the time I load & unload the Kenmore.

That won't work so well around here (part 3) ...you've met my wife!!

CS

And a wonderful lady she is

Archived