SASS Wire Forum

Last Stand at Chimney Rock

Cliff Hanger #3720LR

Been putting in 60 hour work weeks without much hope for getting to a normal amount of work. Got 2 days off to make this shoot and am sooo looking forward to camping out and relaxing. The people at RR Bar are so nice. Just hope it's a little warmer this year!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce, We put in a order for good Weather this year :)

This year we moved the date back to 2nd week in Oct. (11th

- 14tn) and we are hoping for good weather.

Desert Dawg

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers up Pard for a speedy and perfect recovery.

Ricochet Roy

I've been off the Wire for awhile.....but it won't stop Lucky & me from making this shoot! It's a winner and the RR Bar folks have always put their hearts into it so everyone will have a great time.

Roy, so glad to hear all went well and will look forward to seeing you, vending or not!

Conejo - we'll see you & Jo out there as well!

Nothin' beats a great shoot with good friends!!

BT

Conejo here, reporting for duty.

Bollits loaded, clothes washed and packed in the trailer. I do need to get a tank of diesel -- OUCH!!!

This is the best "little shoot" in the country. 2012 makes 9 years running for us.

Conejo & Darlin' Dakota Jo

I'm finally on The Wire with my own Avtar.

Can't wait until October. Chimney Rock was my first shoot in 2004 and still has magic for Conejo and me. We just talked to Preacher Man John and Sassy Sadie. They are coming all the way from Canada.

See you there on Wednesday night.

Darlin' Dakota Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboys and Cowgirls This will be the last year the Double RR Bar Regulators will be hosting the SASS Western Regional. Its been fun hosting the Western Regional, shooting and partying with all of you cowboys and cowgirls that have supported us all these years. We have send a letter to SASS saying that we will no longer be able to do the Western Regional after this year. Its becoming to hard to on our small club to host a Western Regional in the style and manor that it deserves, with that said come out and shoot and party with us this year at Last Stand at Chimney Rock.

Desert Dawg

dawg,

i know you and rat and the gang are going to put on a great match this year and we really wish we could make it. apps are printed and sitting on the table waiting for the go ahead but today the surgeon said we're cutting in less than 2 weeks and to expect 4 weeks of immobility. i kinda of need the right hand to play this game :(

we plan to come up and visit though. go out with a bang you can be proud of.

see you in moorpark.

charlie

Charlie, I hope you are not using one of our civil war surgeon's :wacko: I hope the surgery goes well and a speedy recovery. I look forward to see you and Penny LSCR and Moorpark.

Desert Dawg

dawg,

i know you and rat and the gang are going to put on a great match this year and we really wish we could make it. apps are printed and sitting on the table waiting for the go ahead but today the surgeon said we're cutting in less than 2 weeks and to expect 4 weeks of immobility. i kinda of need the right hand to play this game :(

we plan to come up and visit though. go out with a bang you can be proud of.

see you in moorpark.

charlie

Howdy Charlie,

Prayers up Pard for a speedy & perfect recovery. I may possibly be able to vist the Chimney Rock match and possibly see you and Penny, I'm in recovery mode myownself from back surgery, and doing great.

Your Pard,

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

BTT

To all shooters attending LSCR just got back from the range, all the stages are set,the campers and venders have started moving in and the RR Bar Regulators are putting the finishing touch's on the town. We are looking forward to seeing all of you at LSCR this year :)

Desert Dawg

Charlie, I hope you are not using one of our civil war surgeon's :wacko: I hope the surgery goes well and a speedy recovery. I look forward to see you and Penny LSCR and Moorpark.

Desert Dawg

nope, i'm using one that double booked the equipment and bumped me so i rescheduled to get in a few more shoots and go to moorpark in november.

thanks to Jo, we are in and will be there thurs. looking forward to it pard.

Howdy Charlie,

Prayers up Pard for a speedy & perfect recovery. I may possibly be able to vist the Chimney Rock match and possibly see you and Penny, I'm in recovery mode myownself from back surgery, and doing great.

Your Pard,

Roy

thanks Roy. i'm glad to hear yours went well and youre bouncing "back" ;)

cc

Charlie, glad you and Penny are able to attend LSCR :) looking forward to seeing the both of you this weekend.

Roy, hope you are feeling well enough to stop by for a vist.

Desert Dawg

I just want to stick my nose in to say: it's on, and it's GREAT!!!!

Looking forward to the big party tomorrow night, after the shooting of this excellent match is done!

Cheers,

FJT

Mornin'

Well, I wish I were wakin' up at LSCR this mornin', but no I'm at the ol' homestead. Still waitin' fer a hallpass from my Doc for a day outing. I hopin' and planin' on being able to visit The Gunfight in a couple of weeks though. I hear that there going to have a Cowboy Swapmeet, if'n I'm able I'm thinkin' on maybe settin' up a table. I'm hopin' that y'all have a great time today, and this evenin' at the big party have a shot er' 2 on me. :lol:

Your Pard,

Ricochet Roy

Archived