SASS Wire Forum

Last Stand at Chimney Rock

Cliff Hanger #3720LR

Howdy Pards,

Well, I'm a hopin' to be there in October. I'm not sure if'n I'll be able to shoot or not but sure hope to be able to. I'm a goin' in fer surgery on my ol' spine on Aygust 13 at the VA Hospital in Loma Linda. I'm told 5 days in the hospital, then the next 30 with no activity, then up to 18 months for full recovery. I think I'll cut that down some, don't want my pistols to get rusty. :lol:

I know that I should not post this here but I'm a thinkin' my ol' Pard Black Harris will understand. I'm still accepting and filling orders for my lever wraps through the 12th of August, but come August 13 through the next month or so, filling orders will be delayed a bit until I'm back on my 2 feet. I'm a hopin' y'all will understand.

Happy trails my friends,

Ricochet Roy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!

Y'all are making my decision easier and easier.

I also heard that Jady, Fire Truckie, Cayuse Kate, and Oat No will be there. Unfortunately, they will probably leave before I need to call the firemen again. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I'm thinking I need to go back, rather like getting back on the saddle after being bucked. :o;)

If I can't shoot/work at the match, I hope to at least make an appearance. I would love to attend a gathering with you and some of the rest of The Pink Posse. I sure hope you can/will make it.

If I can't shoot/work at the match, I hope to at least make an appearance. I would love to attend a gathering with you and some of the rest of The Pink Posse. I sure hope you can/will make it.

Dear Kris,

I hope everything is under control for you by then and you can do more than just make an appearance. After all, someone needs to keep an eye on Uno. :unsure:;)

Best wishes in what is to come and please keep us posted on Belle Alley.

:wub:

Allie

Dear Miss. Allie Mo, and my ol' Pard Lumpy Grits,

Many thanks for your well wishes. I have a very positive attitude with this upcoming surgery and additional required surgeries on my "C" spine section in the future. This upcoming surgery will be on my L4 & L5, the proceedure is a lumbar laminectomy, plus buldging disc repair, and another proceedure that I cannot spell. I'm going to need a lot of cowboy movies. :lol:

I'm going to do my best to a least visit the GBJL & Chimney Rock matches in October. I doubt that I will be able to be a Vendor at those matches.

Roy

Ricochet Roy, Hope your surgery goes well and a speedy recovery looking forward to seeing you at Last Stand at Chimney Rock.

Desert Dawg

Dear Miss. Allie Mo, and my ol' Pard Lumpy Grits,

Many thanks for your well wishes. I have a very positive attitude with this upcoming surgery and additional required surgeries on my "C" spine section in the future. This upcoming surgery will be on my L4 & L5, the proceedure is a lumbar laminectomy, plus buldging disc repair, and another proceedure that I cannot spell. I'm going to need a lot of cowboy movies. :lol:

I'm going to do my best to a least visit the GBJL & Chimney Rock matches in October. I doubt that I will be able to be a Vendor at those matches.

Roy

Hey RR, hope to see you down the road some, hope all goes well! What with you, Lacy Ann Leathers, and Filthy Lucre having all these surgeries on backs and necks lately it's making mine hurt thinking about it!

Lumpy,

Why the "heck" are you making this decision so tough. Annual-Regional...Lumpy...

I've had a great time at both and want to see all my BFFs. That even includes you, you Lumpy Grit you, I'm just more comfortable driving where I've driven before and not been stung by wasps, so Chimney Rock is leading...

Still :wub: you and Ima!

Allie "the indecisive :rolleyes: " Mo

While I'm not allergic to bees or wasps, I'm definitely a wimp. I do NOT like pain. When I was making plans to attend Ambush at Mill Creek I was assured eight ways to Sunday that the pest problem was a distant memory. Thankfully it turned out to be true. Didn't see a single stinging critter the whole weekend and hoooooooo BOY what a great match. If you enjoyed Last Stand you'll kick yourself for not coming to GFBJL too. Great range, great stages and great folks. An absolute trifecta of what makes a match memorable. Besides, I'm putting together a special costume you wouldn't want to miss in a million years. ;)

Sent my entry in for both Chimney Rock and GFBJL. That will leave you pards plenty of time to get your money back right now. :lol:

Richochet Roy, pard I am so sorry to hear this, but you will be good as new once you have healed up. If you want to keep your shootin' irons from rusting though, I can obige. :rolleyes:

Sent my entry in for both Chimney Rock and GFBJL. That will leave you pards plenty of time to get your money back right now. :lol:

Richochet Roy, pard I am so sorry to hear this, but you will be good as new once you have healed up. If you want to keep your shootin' irons from rusting though, I can obige. :rolleyes:

B)

Then I can attend either and ger Howdy Hugs!

:wub:

Allie "who could pick matches on the huggers attending and be happy" Mo

:ph34r: C'mon Allie-- my posse needs you! Who else can we rely on to rule on catching cartridges in my mouth.....

And best wishes to RR with his surgery AND recovery, and to Kalamity Kris. Last Stand won't seem quite right without you both there.

WHAT!!!!

Just noticed that our we're not on the list. It seems that Darlin' Dakota Jo hasn't sent in the money and entre form. I'm going to have a serious talk with that girl.

This is my favorite shoot of the year -- plus it's my "birthday shoot" (along with Adam Cartwright and Ella Watson).

We'll be there.

Conejo

Conejo Kid and Darlin' Dakota Jo hope both of you can make it to LSCR, so we can have one big birthday party for you, Adam Cartwright, Ella Watson and of course any other Cowboy and Cowgirls having a birthday shoot at LSCR.

Desert Dawg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

just a reminder for the Wesstern Regional. October 11-14th. Here is the link for the entry form if you would like to shoot- http://www.rrbarregulators.com/LSCR2012/2012shooterentryform.html Also, if you would like to be a vendor and are in the area at the time, please let us know! The stages are fast and close, so it will be a shoot "Not to Miss" (pun intended!) :lol:

Pack Rat

this match rocks

you will get more than vallnia type stages

the stages have fanstasic props

one is even a working saloon, that you hope all your competeriors spend

too much time at

FJT has been know to rock the place as well

Anyone heard how Roy is doing after the back surgery?

:ph34r: C'mon Allie-- my posse needs you! Who else can we rely on to rule on catching cartridges in my mouth.....

And best wishes to RR with his surgery AND recovery, and to Kalamity Kris. Last Stand won't seem quite right without you both there.

Thank you very much, hon. I sure will miss it this year, and you and Goody too. I'm hoping to be strong enough so Uno can come, even if I can't. Friday will tell.

Yep.

(I just hope he doesn't wear that darn skirt again. :wacko: )

Y'know, Slim, last time I wore a kilt, I won the whole danged match.

Of course my knees may have dazzled the pack.

Or their whiteness may have blinded them.

Just sayin'.... ;-)

FJT

Actually, the wind up at Chimney Rock might blow up my skirt, so to avoid embarrassing less...um... fortunate... cowpokes, I'll leave the kilt at home. ;-)

Anyone heard how Roy is doing after the back surgery?

Howdy Pards,

Well I'm home from my 7 day stay at the VA Hospital. My surgery went great. During the lumbar laminectomy of my L4 & L5 my surgeon discovered an aprox. 5cm calcified cyst which based on the extent of calcification had been pressing on my spinal column for the last 45 years or so. The horrible nerve pain down both legs is gone and the total leg numbing in my legs is all but completely gone. I'm limited to lifting only 2 pounds for the next month and no twisting of my abdomen, I have to keep my back very straight. I'm off of all pain meds except Tylenol. In home PT is to start this week. I consider my surgeon Dr. Cojocaru, his team, and the VA Hospital in Loma Linda, CA Heros. I do have a long trail ahead of me before I will be able to shoot a match, but everyday is another day closer. Many thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.

Your Pard,

Ricochet Roy

Glad to hear you are doing well RR. You're a little too young to be shooting with the stove up cowboys. There's plenty of trail dust left for you to ride drag behind Black Spur and Jonny T.

YeHawww ---

We just got confirmation.

This is one of the Best Shoots and a great value for the money. Great Range, Great Stages, Some of the best stage fronts in the Country, Great People, a really fun Texas Hold'em poker night on Friday, and a live band on Saturday (FJT I presume).

You can't go wrong.

Darlin' Dakota Jo and I will be there!!!

Conejo

Archived