SASS Wire Forum

Whats your favorite beer/beers

I think I've posted before (and it's true), I'm a beer snob. Like UB, I spent some time in Germany.....and I bet I haven't had a six pack worth of Budweiser since comin' back.....25 years ago.

I tend to follow the seasons (as Germans do) when it comes to beer. In summer, I like a really good Hefe-Weizen (Franzikaner is good and a cold Sam Adams Summer Ale is handy on the front porch with a cigar in the evening). In fall, the Oktoberfest's are terrific (Sam Adams does a purty good job). Winter is reserved for the dark fellas (Double Bocks like Optimator are good and I've become fond of the Sam Adams Winter Lager).

If I have to "slum," I am ok (which is not to say "happy") with Shiner Bock. A good Guinness is hard to beat when poured from a tap, and Mexico did well with Negra Modelo (and not so much with Corona).

Beer, like wine, can be paired with food well too. Dark beers go very well with a nice ribeye. An English IPA (India Pale Ale) is terrific with fish (and chips). Aforementioned Hefe-Weizen does something with pork....it's hard to explain.

So, my problem is there are too many beers....... :) Oh, and I am seldom (like never) drunk. With me, it's all about quality, not quantity. I only have 2 or 3 at a time. Six packs sometimes last 2 months at my house.

Now Scotch....that's another subject altogether..... :lol:

Chick

Dos Equis Amber

Blue Moon ain't bad nor is Boulevarde

Newcastle

and Gordon Biersch

or whatever Ivory Jack Mccloud has on ice

Coffee

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

This is my first post here in the saloon. So whats your favorite beer/beers. I'll start Miller High life for every day drinking (yeah that sounds bad). Sierra Nevada Torpedo for when I feel like thinking about what I'm drinking. Founders Dirty Bastard when I'm out in my shop talking guns with some pards. And Blue Moon when I'm at the bar or out to dinner. fire away.

PS. I'm enjoying a Miller High life as I write this.

I figgered you to be a... Deuce Equis... man.

Personally... I don't drink beer no more. Gluten intolerant. My last beer was a Miller Lite... but as the condition progressed... the beer couldn't get "light" enough. It tasted like water, anyways. Also can't eat bread, pasta, noodles, dumplin's, gravy, etc.... and cause I never did eat taters neither... I don't get many carbs... period.

But I don't feel too bad 'bout it... there are some good side effects. I have sported a 28-inch waist for the past few years.

However... 'bout twice a week... I will pour some mighty-fine corn squeezin's.

(EDIT: Need to know how to spell... and that "waste"... is not "waist"... hehehehe)

ts

In my part of the country, there are a lot of Canadian beers out there that are very popular. Not me; I like Made in America, Yuengling - America's oldest brewery in Pottsville, PA.

:FlagAm:

Oh so no moose drool for you?

Firestone Double Barrel Ale will do in a pinch, but Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my favorite. They have a new one out called Ruthless Rye, an IPA, that I've been trying and it's pretty good too.

Cool, thanks for the replies guys/gals. Complicated Lady the problem is that no one has ever bought you a good beer :D .

Someone once talked me into trying what that said was the best beer in the world.

I think it was called a "Guiness" It was nasty.

So maybe you are right

As I posted in another thread a while back, alas, a year in Germany, and Oktoberfest, pretty much put me off American beers.

When I do drink beer I prefer a rich dark one. Negra Modela ain't bad or Dos Equis amber. A lot of the boutique" beers made these days are just too weird for me.

Absolutely! Berry or pumpkin flavor is not beer, it's soda! Water, malted barley, hops plus yeast = beer.

eGG

Someone once talked me into trying what that said was the best beer in the world.

I think it was called a "Guiness" It was nasty.

So maybe you are right

While I am a Guinness fan, I think that's a bit on the rough side for a lady who admits to Malibu and pineapple..... :)

I would suggest starting out on a lighter note.....say a Franziskaner (or Paulaner) Hefe-Weizen (it's a wheat beer with lots of carbonation) with a slice of lemon. While I'm normally a "no fruit in my beer" kinda guy, it will give an appealing taste to a lady of the Malibu and pineapple variety (and Germans often drink it that way). Make sure you pour the beer into a glass else the carbonation will produce "unladylike" reactions (i.e. loud belching :) ).

Another option is the Sam Adams Summer Ale, but you gotta wait until summer for that one. It's only brewed seasonally. It's got some spices that give it a sweeter taste and you can drink that one from the bottle (if you're feeling salty enough). :lol:

Chick

Favorite Beer?

Wow, hard to say, as I do tend to like a few but don't consume more than three, usually only two, during the course of a day if I'm even drinking.

Cooper's Pale Ale and James Boag's Lager seem to be the favored in my 'fridge. I also like some of the Sam Adam's seasonal beers as well, depending upon the season. Fat Tire goes down smooth, but cannot tolerate Bud or Coors. Shiner Bock is a joy on a warm fall day and Guinness warms the cockles of my heart.

Beer, like wine, scotch, and women are to be sampled and explored. When you find the "one" then stick with it if you desire. I tend to stick with one woman and scotch but sample beer and wine.

Over the years I drank Ballintine, PBR, BUD, Lone Star, and Coors.

I don't drink much, anymore, but I'll have a Michelob Light With a meal, especially Italian food, which I love. I don't keep beer in the house, can't remember the last time I bought a six pack.

The PNW is microbrew country. Lots of good beers. It depends on the season for me as to which beer I drink. When it is a hot summer day, I don't want a heavy beer. I'll drink Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizenor a Sierra Nevada Pilsner, or a Port Brewing SPA (Summer Pale Ale). In cool spring and fall weather, I like a little darker beer such as Rogue Dry Hopped St. Rogue Red Ale, Deschutes Cinder Cone Red Ale, or an Alaskan Amber. Winter time brings out the heavy beers, such as Deschutes Hop in the Dark CDA, Deschutes Jubelale, Anchor Porter, and Founders Porter when I can find it -- it is made in Michigan.

Panic Attack Local microbrew in south Florida, 10% and wonderful

Holy Mackerel 8.5% brew by same microbrewer as above.

Old Speckled Hen draft

Guinness draft

Newcastle draft You can get in a 5L draft can that ain't bad.

Heineken draft

There is a World of Beer store in a shopping center with walking (staggering) distance with 100 beers on draft and 300 others including Tactical Nuclear Penguin, a 50% alcohol brew. I have a frequent drinker's card.

In a blast from the past I really liked Rolling Rock before Bud ruined it.

DD

Archived