SASS Wire Forum

Selling a Cap and Ball Pistol

Come On Christmas

I am going to attempt to sell a Rodgers and Spencer with a Kirst Converter.

What I am wondering is - I want to price them together for $450. I was thinking of shipping the cylinder a day later so I would or the buyer would not have to pay an FFL person.

Thanks for reading, but please don't speculate. Only be answering if you bees knowing.

Thanking you,

Shameless

I am going to attempt to sell a Rodgers and Spencer with a Kirst Converter.

What I am wondering is - I want to price them together for $450. I was thinking of shipping the cylinder a day later so I would or the buyer would not have to pay an FFL person.

Thanks for reading, but please don't speculate. Only be answering if you bees knowing.

Thanking you,

Shameless

Ship the pistol with the C&B cylinder installed. If the conversion cylinder is in the firearm is when you may have problems. Shipping them different is no problem. I have had them sent to me in the same package, but with the conversion cylinder NOT installed in the pistol.

... Some State firearms laws classify a C&B as a 'handgun' thus having to be purchased or sold via a FFL. New Jerey is one State, so beware

... If a State has no FFL restrictions on the purchase & shipment of C&B revolvers - the BATF deems that a installed conversion cylinder does make the C&B to be a handgun needing to be purchased and shipped via a FFL

This is my understanding of the regulations, but one may want to check with Kirst or Taylors for the R&D cylinders

When Taylors had to re-fit my conversions they told me to ship them out of the gun with the C&B cylinders in place. They shipped them back the same way.

This confirms all you've read.

CR

Ship the pistol with the C&B cylinder installed. If the conversion cylinder is in the firearm is when you may have problems. Shipping them different is no problem. I have had them sent to me in the same package, but with the conversion cylinder NOT installed in the pistol.

That's the way I shipped out a set of 1858's. Only I boxed the C&B's and the R&D's in their own separate boxes and put the whole thang ( pistols & cylinder boxes ) in one big box.

No problem from USPS.

Archived