SASS Wire Forum

I am shooting my .44 WCF today

Sixgun Symphony #62632

Check it out, I am shooting my .44-40 handloads through my reproduction 1873 Winchester carbine from Cimarron and my genuine Colt Sheriff's Model revolver. The loads are 200gr hardcast .427" bullets over a compressed load of FFFG American Pioneer Powder. It ain't the real blackpowder, but it's all I could find at the local gunshops. I will have to buy online for a 25lb order of Goex blackpowder ASAP.

BTW, the I got to move ount onto the dirt when I shoot the .44 WCF cartridges. I had a few cases drop onto the concrete floor and the necks were damaged beyond repair. :o

Tactical Carbine for 1873 LOVE IT :blush:

I did have six rounds of .44 WCF loaded up with FFG Goex blackpowder, but they were fired before filming.

I will have to buy a can of FFFG Goex and produce more to compare the smoke, the recoil, and the velocity with the substitute BP.

I count 6 rounds loaded in the 73, only 5 fired, rifle laid down with action closed after last shot, live round still in the mag tube.

Or am I wrong?

I thought I loaded five. I realized later that I loaded six as I miscounted when I was talking to the camera.

I should have set the carbine down with the action open. Rather embarassing. :unsure:

Archived