SASS Wire Forum

gunfighter declaring a gun malfunction

stepnmud#33546

I shot the rifle targets correctly, double tap three targets 'Neveda sweep' 10 rounds. Same thing with revolvers, three targets double tap 'Neveda sweep' 10 rounds. But my 10th and last round with revolvers did not not fire, so with both guns in hands I cycled the cylinders enough to go around in case of a lite hit/bad primer and finally declared guns malfunction and staged both revolvers before heading to the shotgun on the other end of the stage.

After thought; :rolleyes: maybe would have been better to declare gun malfunction as soon as the trigger was pulled on the 10th round and no fire, then proceed to shotgun??

Yeah, taking the miss might have been quicker than cycling both guns around a second time. However, I'm always hesitant to give up a miss, so I probably would have gone around, too

Howdy Stepnmud, yep, unless you were going for a clean match. If I didn't know for sure which gun had the tenth round I would have double cocked both at the same time to make it a little faster. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Unless you were going for a clean match.

Just take the miss and go on the the next gun. :unsure:

Yeah, taking the miss might have been quicker than cycling both guns around a second time. However, I'm always hesitant to give up a miss, so I probably would have gone around, too

.... me too.

(would probably have gone 'round again ..... twice .... :blush: )

Archived