SASS Wire Forum

What is it worth?

I won this gun at a match. Wondering if anyone could tell me what fair market value is and if anyone is interested? I've shot 20 rounds through it. No BOX or PAPERS. Gun is new.

They have a pretty bad reputation of not working well, but I'm sure some folks like them. I'd guess $300 to $400, but that is just a guess.

Good Luck

Randy

This gun has a very bad reputation for jamming .

I seen one at the local dealer for 350.00 as new with the box and paper work .

It was there for about 6 months .

Most cowboy shooters no of the bad reputation and dont wont anything to do with this gun.

Your best bet is to trade it in with a dealer for something you need or wont.

Good luck Pard :unsure:

I bought one in SS on here for $400 about 6 or 7 months ago. I have not shot it yet so I have no idea how it shoots. But the sell indicated it does jam. There is a guy in Tampa Fl. who works on them. He has a video on you tube when he is done with them they shoot as fast as you can pump them. I have his info an plan to take it to him this summer when I am down there. I would keep it and send it to him.

WW

Thanks for the information. Didn't know that it had that bad of reputation. Think I will put in the gun cabinet for now.

Before you do that, take it to the range and shoot it. I had one of them when they first came out, wouldn shoot more than 2 or 3 before jamming. I tried all the suggestions (there were a bunch) on how to make it run, none worked for me. One day at the range, a friend saw it and wanted to buy it, I told him it was a POS and wouldn't sell it to him. He persisted so I told him to take it with him, try it out and if he still wanted it, I would sell it to him. I saw him a couple of weeks later, as soon as I got out of my truck, he was there with his check book. Guess I just never held it right, he could have 2 or 3 empties in the air at once, no jams, what more can I say.

:unsure: Have had one for 5 years, no major issues unless I want to go fast. I have one of those that worked out of the box. Some do, Some don't. They were never designed to do what our gamers want to do with them without some after market assistance. $400 is about top price, anything less is good enough to have something unique. Mine shoots reloads just fine, just have to be positive on the movement and slow and sure on the pace.

Doolin

I bought a stainless steel one off ebay last month. I took it to a match last week and shot six stages with it and no problem. So I think I got a good one. The ones that the serial number begins with a "Z" are the last ones and are improved. I sure like mine. So not all of them are bad. I see the blue ones at the gun shows for about $450. Willie

I had one of these rifles and wish that I had it back cause it was plum fun to shoot......they are difficult to run fast.........post the asking price or send me a pm if you decide to sell it......

I won this gun at a match. Wondering if anyone could tell me what fair market value is and if anyone is interested? I've shot 20 rounds through it. No BOX or PAPERS. Gun is new.

I had two of them. One of the first to come out (A POS) got rid of it as fast as I could. Got an AWA. (later model) another POS, went back to Russel 3 times, same story. Got another of the last Taurus' (supposed to have all the bugs out), another POS, same story. Then I gave in to the lure of the Rampant Colt and got a VERY nice original in 44-40. It wasn't much better than the others. Sold it to a collector. I have friends who have the "Gold Rush" models (BIG BUCKS) and thery also are POS. In my opinion, this is the reason they quit making them. Sell it, or use it for fun and fustration, but don't count on it being a match rifle.

Al, whos' been there, don't want to go back.

A good day to all

Archived