SASS Wire Forum

Load Size

Bandit Bob

I bought the new SASS Rugers in 38/357. I notice that the recoil is more than my old Vacqueros. I'm wondering if anybody knows what the least amount of grains of Clays that can be used for a 125g bullet in a 38 shell for 650ft/sec. Hodgdens lists 2.5g for 810ft/sec but nothing else to compare to.

I bought the new SASS Rugers in 38/357. I notice that the recoil is more than my old Vacqueros. I'm wondering if anybody knows what the least amount of grains of Clays that can be used for a 125g bullet in a 38 shell for 650ft/sec. Hodgdens lists 2.5g for 810ft/sec but nothing else to compare to.

Why use such a huge booolit? Taker to the bottom and select a 95grainer at whatever velocity to meet the minimum PF of 60... LOL. You will need a chronograph to get to the basement. LOL..

No, I don't feel threatened with your logic.... hmmmmm, maybe I do, when you atart sticking bullets in the barrel and want to jack another one in and shoot.

Just saying.

Blastmaster

Sorry Bob, but we're not allowed to discuss specific load data here on The Wire.

However, going below the minimum load as published by a powder company isn't a good idea.

At the very least you'll get erratic performance. At the worst you can end up with hang-fires or squibs.

I'd suggest getting the Lyman manual and finding a different powder.

Check your IN box for a PM.

650 ft/sec ???? You can throw one that fast.

Mingo

Archived