SASS Wire Forum

Another SEAL News Story

I saw this article this morning. It is a funny story. I know Chris Kyle is peddling a new book but nevertheless it is a funny story.

Opie and Anthony Interview (Language)

Fox O'Reilly Factor Interview

Pro wrestler Kurt Angle funny reaction to the story. (Just watch up to 1:10 sec unless you are wrestling fan.)

Chris Kyle decks former pro-wrestler, governor of Minnesota, Navy frogman, noted conspiracy theorist and former citizen of the United States, Jesse Ventura, to the ground after he chose to protest at the wake of a fallen SEAL. In 2006, Jesse "The Body" Ventura happened to be in the same SEAL bar where a wake was being held for a SEAL Michael Anthony Monsoor, Delta Platoon - SEAL Team Three.

In the bar Ventura was boisterous about his opposition about the war (I guess Iraq and Afghanistan). Navy SEAL Chris Kyle approached Ventura and asked him to calm his vocalization of his opinion in respect to the wake and for the family of the fallen SEAL. Ventura continued his tirade and he said that he believes they (the military) are murderers, killing innocent people… men, women and children. He then added, “Y’all (Navy SEALs) deserve to lose a few of their own.” That is when Kyle punched him and took off running!

I saw this article this morning. It is a funny story. I know Chris Kyle is peddling a new book but nevertheless it is a funny story.

Opie and Anthony Interview (Language)

Fox O'Reilly Factor Interview

Pro wrestler Kurt Angle funny reaction to the story. (Just watch up to 1:10 sec unless you are wrestling fan.)

Chris Kyle decks former pro-wrestler, governor of Minnesota, Navy frogman, noted conspiracy theorist and former citizen of the United States, Jesse Ventura, to the ground after he chose to protest at the wake of a fallen SEAL. In 2006, Jesse "The Body" Ventura happened to be in the same SEAL bar where a wake was being held for a SEAL Michael Anthony Monsoor, Delta Platoon - SEAL Team Three.

In the bar Ventura was boisterous about his opposition about the war (I guess Iraq and Afghanistan). Navy SEAL Chris Kyle approached Ventura and asked him to calm his vocalization of his opinion in respect to the wake and for the family of the fallen SEAL. Ventura continued his tirade and he said that he believes they (the military) are murderers, killing innocent people… men, women and children. He then added, "Y'all (Navy SEALs) deserve to lose a few of their own." That is when Kyle punched him and took off running!

No class = Mr. Ventura

Mega class = Mr. Kyle

IMHO of course...;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Emotionally, I am all for what Mr. Kyle did. Ventura was mouthing off in an offensive manner.

However, do we really want a society like that? Anyone who takes offense at what someone says is free to deck him? Emotionalism and mob rule? And do we want our elite forces giving in to emotion like that? I can't blame Mr. Kyle for wanting to smack Ventura. I can blame him for acting on that emotion.

Emotionally, I am all for what Mr. Kyle did. Ventura was mouthing off in an offensive manner.

However, do we really want a society like that? Anyone who takes offense at what someone says is free to deck him? Emotionalism and mob rule? And do we want our elite forces giving in to emotion like that? I can't blame Mr. Kyle for wanting to smack Ventura. I can blame him for acting on that emotion.

Well - I reckon it's one of those 'ya had to be there' moments to understand. ;) I don't blame Mr. Kyle one bit....being there or not being there.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I like the Punch and Run statement. Growing up in an all testosterone Catholic school I was always told of the hit and run rule. Once you got one in and the opponent is down the ground there is no need to stick around for Father to catch us. We will settle the difference on another day if there is another day... Worked for me many times. Quit while you are ahead.

My definition of flustration is the unresolved urge to slap the crap out of someone who needs it.

In all fairness, he didn't run from Ventura, he hustled out because he was sure police outside the bar had seen the punch.

My self I like Jesse Ventura he is a stand up man .

The problem is Jesse The Body Ventura runs his mouth and believes every thing he has said or has read about Jesse the Body Ventura .

Jesse the Body Ventura believes his own hype .

Its too damn bad because Jesse Ventura is a smart,Intelligent,nice guy .

Chris Kyle my hat is off to you SR,You are the man of the hour . :blush:

Jess is a BS artist. He fostered the impression that he was a SEAL for years.

He wasn't.

I have no use for him.

That said, I don't think I'd punch him out for being a jackass. I would prefer to verbally slice him to ribbons in public rather than make him a victim of an assault.

Jess is a BS artist. He fostered the impression that he was a SEAL for years.

He wasn't.

I have no use for him.

That said, I don't think I'd punch him out for being a jackass. I would prefer to verbally slice him to ribbons in public rather than make him a victim of an assault.

Jesse the Poser <_<

Call me a knuckle dragger, but I totally agree with Mr. Kyles response, apparently family members of Mike Monsoor were in attendance. What that Jackass Ventura said was totally out of line and even more so after the funeral of a fallen hero. I would have hammered the idiot myself.

The way I understand what happened was that Mr. Ventura was politely asked to mellow out and show a little respect. He decided to run his mouth instead. I believe he got exactly what he earned. And do I want a society like that?? Yes, because I sure don't want to have Mr Ventura being to only person heard.

You play with the bull you get the horns. Although there isn't a law against being an obnoxious ass in public, perhaps there should be. Heinlein said 'An armed society is a polite society.' Another way to say it would be don't let your mouth write checks your a$$ can't cash. The windbag got what he had coming to him.

Street justice ;)

GG

Sometimes that is the only kind that maters

this is WDsMama.

My thanks goes to Mr Kyle..As a military wife, I would have punched Ventura myself! You do not do that a round the widow! Yes we are supposed to be a civilized society, but I thought that meant protecting widows and orphans?And if it was my husband I might have kicked him as well and WD would have peed on his head!

God Bless Chris Kyle and his SEALS,and all our Troops.

Winston Dawg's Mama

You play with the bull you get the horns. Although there isn't a law against being an obnoxious ass in public, perhaps there should be. Heinlein said 'An armed society is a polite society.' Another way to say it would be don't let your mouth write checks your a$$ can't cash. The windbag got what he had coming to him.

+1

I like Jesse, but everybody's a jerk sometimes, it was just his turn.

God Bless Chris Kyle and his SEALS,and all our Troops

He was politely asked to knock it off in respect for the family of the fallen SEAL but refused to. As a result, he got popped in the chops for his disrespectful behavior.

Got no problem whatsoever with the results. Folks are ruder today than ever before because they can get away with it. You mind your manners better when there are consequences. I bet Jesse ain't going to be running off at the mouth around a military wake anytime soon.

Archived