SASS Wire Forum

My new reloading video - .44-40 Blackpowder

Sixgun Symphony #62632

I got a youtube channel (please subscribe) and I am producing videos on shooting, reloading, knives, and thoughts on self-defense & combatives. I do a quick video where I add the gunpowder to a primed case and seat a hard cast bullet. My intentions are to show some of my friends what reloading/handloading is about. It's not a training video as I don't go through case prep, priming, nor belling the case mouth for the cast bullet.

I think you should put the powder flask over the funnel and drop powder without using that measuring device. When you closed the top, it scraped off excess powder all over your loading bench. A couple hundred rounds loaded like that would leave a lot of loose powder laying around. Your loading by volume and not weight. You can vary the charge by cutting the brass tube to the desired amount. Just sayin'

Big Jake

In addition to what Jake said, I think you should either show or say that the amount of black powder you are using will fill the case and be compressed a bit by the bullet.

Who ever watches this video needs to know that because that is the biggest difference between loading BP & smokeless.

You also should consider using a Lee dipper so you can talk about the actual volume of the charge.

--Dawg

I think you should put the powder flask over the funnel and drop powder without using that measuring device. When you closed the top, it scraped off excess powder all over your loading bench. A couple hundred rounds loaded like that would leave a lot of loose powder laying around. Your loading by volume and not weight. You can vary the charge by cutting the brass tube to the desired amount. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Yea, that was sloppy. I had the camera going and realized that I forgot the plastic bowl that I was using to catch the powder, so I just kept going to finish the video.

Three things,

1. Get organized

2. Write a script

a. Tell what you are going to do

b. Show what you are going to use

c. Do the demonstration

d. Closing comments

3. Get good lighting

A camera operator would help.

It could make a very useful and informative video, hang in there.

That is a very interesting video. Thanks for making it..............

Playing with BP and you said "oops" a couple times.........

A plastic funnel when loading BP..................

Dropping stuff...........Oops!

The sneeze was a nice touch............

Why use a volume measure into a volume measure into a plastic funnel into the cartridge?

Archived