SASS Wire Forum

SEAL shoots himself

Old Scatterbrain

And probably a couple other chemicals:

the man was showing guns to a woman he'd met earlier at a bar

Well, lack of blood to the brain at the very least.

ADDED: Sorry if I seem heartless or disrespectful, but playing with a gun like that is just plain STUPID! A professional should know better.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

howdy all, I still can't believe that a seal would be stupid enough to put a gun to his head. I was always taught treat every gun as it's loaded.

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

As Joe surmised, alcohol + firearms = tragedy.

The serviceman, who had been drinking with a woman at a bar before they returned to his residence, was showing her his 9 mm handgun when the accident occurred, SDPD Officer Frank Cali said

More details

I have always thought that SEALS and other Special Forces types have rubber band wrapped to tight.

This has nothing to do with him being a SEAL it has to do with being young, immature, and drunk.

And some of us "Special Forces types" don't use rubber bands at all.

If this incident didn't involve chemicals or massive amounts of alcohol in his system, I'd open a homicide investigation and not be too quick to write it off as an accident....

There's an old sayin' out there:

"Alcohol makes 'ya stupid"

'Nuff said....

Yessir!! 'Round here we call alcohol...... ignorant oil... or stupid syrup.

This has nothing to do with him being a SEAL it has to do with being young, immature, and drunk.

Yup

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Tragic.....because it was so stupid. :angry:

I think Brad Paisley said it better than I've ever heard it said:

'Cause since the day I left Milwaukee

Lynchburg and Bordeaux France

Been making a fool out of folks just like you

And helping white people dance

I'm medicine and I am poison

I can help you up or make you fall

You had some of the best times

You'll never remember with me

Alcohol

Alcohol

Chick

I swear, I am more afraid of unloaded guns in the hands of others than loaded guns. Most people have some respect for a loaded gun, but there are too many people who don't show the same respect to an unloaded gun (which are probably only really unloaded half the time).

If this incident didn't involve chemicals or massive amounts of alcohol in his system, I'd open a homicide investigation and not be too quick to write it off as an accident....

A young man, a woman he had just met in a bar? Sounds like the "chemicals" were surging in his system, likely fueled by alcohol.

A young man, a woman he had just met in a bar? Sounds like the "chemicals" were surging in his system, likely fueled by alcohol.

The "new" dating rules are so confusing. now to get her to go to our residences we have to hold a gun to OUR head!?! very strange :unsure:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

The "new" dating rules are so confusing. now to get her to go to our residences we have to hold a gun to OUR head!?! very strange :unsure:

Regards

Gateway Kid

No you just tell her you're a SEAL.

I kinda liked the old dating game. The fellow shows some respect for the LADY, and the Lady shows some respect for the GENTLEMAN. They spend some time together and then if they find each other fun to be with, and they enjoy each other's company, it leads on to other things. Usually somewhere along the line a marriage certificate comes into play. But that is just the perspective of a tired old man.

Most likely wouldn't play out with today's young folks. Too old fashion.

I don't recall, however, that I needed to show my wife any kind of a gun before we were married. SHE just made the evening go by much better.

Say Utah have you looked at the picturs of yourself you have posted???

JUST JOKING. :lol: It is too early in the year to get serious.

HONEST! I was just joking Bob. Bob? Bob? Oh Bob............

help!.

And they say that Marines do stupid stuff................lol

No you just tell her you're a SEAL.

No can do. I have a deep respect for those who would put themselves in harms way for others, and to say I was one of those who had military experience would not be true.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Course a long time ago I might have told her that the neighbor of the second cousin of my best friends uncle once knew a producer in Hollywood who might be looking for potential starlets who had successfully passed a standard screen test, that I might be qualified to administer :blush::lol::lol:

Nowdays my wife would drag out the ole frying pan truth detector, (a little dented but still usable) and straighten out my act. :)

No can do. I have a deep respect for those who would put themselves in harms way for others, and to say I was one of those who had military experience would not be true.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Course a long time ago I might have told her that the neighbor of the second cousin of my best friends uncle once knew a producer in Hollywood who might be looking for potential starlets who had successfully passed a standard screen test, that I might be qualified to administer :blush::lol::lol:

Nowdays my wife would drag out the ole frying pan truth detector, (a little dented but still usable) and straighten out my act. :)

I was kidding. I know nobody here would do that.

My point was that there are more fake SEALs than real ones out there.

:angry:

Yup. Hopefully a thorough investigation will be conducted. Things are not always as they seem.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

This has nothin' to do with nothin'... just a tale of two people. One on duty, and one off... and just happens to be the same guy.

He let his guard down while "off-duty"... departed from his "on-duty" training...

Let me elaborate with this small... sad... commentary post...

On the plains of "Hesitation"... lie the blackened bones of

countless millions... who... at the dawn of victory...

sat down to rest... and while resting..... DIED.

~ Anonymous

ts

Archived