SASS Wire Forum

Looking back at 2011

Well, other than the drought/summer from Hell, really can't complain too much. Had a great cruise with an old friend and his family, no major trainwrecks for us personally. Glad I'm not a farmer or rancher. Beef may cost us $15/lb :angry: . Other than that can't complain too much. Howsabout you?

JHC

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Just about like most every other year I have lived through. Good times, bad times. Remember the good time

put the bad times behind you.

After working all my life, I became unemployed Feb.'09. Feb.2011 unemployment runs out and March 2011 I get my 100% VA disability granted and 100% Social Security disability granted. So I guess I'm officially retired. Service connected disabilities went unclaimed for almost 40 years because I had a good job and didn't want or need them. Now I'm glad that I have them.

Big Jake

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Just about like most every other year I have lived through. Good times, bad times. Remember the good time

put the bad times behind you.

Great advice for all! Received a tremendous hit by a tornado and barely survived a heart attack in 20ll. Just glad I'm here and none of my family or neighbors got hurt.

Great advice for all! Received a tremendous hit by a tornado and barely survived a heart attack in 20ll. Just glad I'm here and none of my family or neighbors got hurt.

We are glad about that too, Sam. God bless.

We just wish you would pick a better football team to root for. :)

Our family took multiple bad hits in 2011, but we survived, more or less, intact.

Wouldn't take much for 2012 to be a whole lot better year. Hope its a great year for all my Pards here in the Saloon (ACS)!

Howdy Pards,

From here, 2011 was okay. Unfortunately, 2012 has started off badly. One plus to 2011, I reconciled with a pard. Unfortunately, he had a wreck in 2012 and is dying.

All I can do is hope for friends and guidance.

Sincerely,

Allie "feeling maudlin" Mo

2011 was a fine year - did more shooting, my wife and daughter are SASS members, and other good blessings occured - many folks here on the Wire asked for prayers and most came out with good or accceptable outcomes.

Ms Mo - as mentioned on your FB page we are lifting up Wildroot in prayer...very sorry to hear such news. Undesrtand that he is a fine man from what folks have written about him ~

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Allie Mo, I'm not too sure 'bout the guidance, but you've got lots of friends here in the Saloon (ACS). Still keeping prayers going for Wildroot.

Archived