SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout II

You got that margarita machine tuned up there, Tombstone? :unsure::wub::lol:B)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question....I looked on weather.com and saw temp in Manchester at 99. Looked at forecast and it is showing highs in mid to high 80s most days next week. Is the dress code for the range normal SASS or is there any relaxed summer code where folks can wear short sleeve shirts? Some ranges relax the long sleeve shirt requirement in the summer heat.

RRR,we used Tombstone's machine at his birthday,the 4th. It coughed up a hairball,once,but

mostly ran great.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring the plug,and gas,just in case.

Don't know how long it has. Margarita salt is making it rust.

Harley.

It is running fine, as Harley said, we used it on the 4th and will use it again tomorrow to make sure it is in top running condition. Any problems the machaine was having, much like most of my shooting problems, were operator error.

See everyone on Wednesday or there about

Things is comin' together!! If ya's ain't got your entry in, we're still holdin' ya' a spot!!

This is gonna' be more fun than a new brown puppy!! :lol:

Things is comin' together!! If ya's ain't got your entry in, we're still holdin' ya' a spot!!

This is gonna' be more fun than a new brown puppy!! :lol:

Ali & ziggy is a comin in the RV ... dry camping is ok, but electric is good too!

BTW Any changes to include some mini-matches (BP, WB, Warm-up)?

PS Happy to arrive early iffn ya need posse leaders?

A Krazy Kajun scared of the heat? Why, anyone from Lake Charles, ought to used to a little heat. :0). KCDrover

Mon ami...tain't ascared of dat heat no...it's jes as I done got a lil older, me I enjoy da comforts a lil mo yeah. Still, tain't no one dat has tole me about dat short sleeve shirt question though.

Glad to here equipment is working good there Tombstone. We just had a shipment of lemons brought in. Other additives are on the way.

New parking lot is graveled.

Weather in low 80's and low humidity slight chance of rain.

Trying to find power for all that want it. Came up with a plan last night to maybe get a couple more outlets, I hope.

What more could you ask for.

Just ask and I will get it done!!!!

Howdy,Copperhead.

Hope all your company haven't worn you down,already.

Kiss,and I should be there Wednesday.

We have decided not to bring a camper. Any chance of setting up our tent under the shed?

Looking forward to it!

Harley.

Harly you got it. And I bought a case of five hour energy, so I'll be ready. Company cant get me down anyway!!

And for anyone looking for a room for Black Gold. I just checked with our other motel, that I had forgotten about and they have rooms. It's an older hotel but it has been remodeled and seems clean.

You can call the at Rocking Chair Inn 606- 598- 5122.

I hope to be there by Wednesday midday. Hatfield can't get there until Friday morning, (maybe Thurs. night).

Unfortunately, Schoolmarm can't get away. :angry: The band is warming up and we orta' be roarin' by Sat. night! :lol:

we're pulling out tomorrow, hoping to be there before dark on thursday. never did get a conformation. what time does the range close on thursday? what time do we need to be there on friday? is the place pretty easy to find? are there any signs or are we just looking fer that big rock by the old cottonwood just past the Lupin place? huh? huh? huh?

cc

we're pulling out tomorrow, hoping to be there before dark on thursday. never did get a conformation. what time does the range close on thursday? what time do we need to be there on friday? is the place pretty easy to find? are there any signs or are we just looking fer that big rock by the old cottonwood just past the Lupin place? huh? huh? huh?

cc

The range don't close. Boozy Creek posted GPS co-ordinates a page or so ago. When you get to the first Manchester exit, it's exit 20, get off and stay to your right. It's about 2 1/2 miles to Ponderosa Pines which is on the right as well. There is a sign at the end of the road and I'll just betcha' ol' Joe will have some sort of S.A.S.S. sign or another pointing the way!!

CC,

Manchester is in the Eastern Time Zone.

TL

thanks TL, i guessed that wrong. was in a little town in eastern indiana once, and not one person in the restaurant knew what time zone they lived in. :wacko:

they mostly knew what time it was but not how they related to the rest of the world.

i'm gonna be one dog tired cowboy when the buzzer goes off friday. :D

cc

CC, make sure you come by the range on Thursday night if are not too tired. You will not be the only one fuzzy when the buzzer goes off.

We can do better than that, Joe has this really great rockin chair that is orange and no one but Whiskey Creek and I will sit in it so I am sure we can work something out.

See everyone tomorrow or the next day for those that will be there on Thursday

I'm a leavin in da mornin, gotta get a spare trailer tar for we leave. orta be thar by 5 in tha enin.

Wouldn't ye know 35 dollers werth a food an 114.50 werth a alkehaul. Gawd amighty

RRR

Sounds like you may have wasted $35. :lol:

Not if that's what he spent on them pepper poppers he brought last year!! :wub::P

We can do better than that, Joe has this really great rockin chair that is orange and no one but Whiskey Creek and I will sit in it so I am sure we can work something out.

See everyone tomorrow or the next day for those that will be there on Thursday

i'm color blind when it comes to comfort :D

one state down and six more to go. if i keep up this pace i should make it midday thursday, as the states get smaller as i travel east. (at least the part of texas i have to pass thru).

cc

I'm loadin' the truck and trailer now! Gotta' stop by Mom's and the post office and then I'll mosey on up that way.

See y'all this afternoon!! :lol:

The rest of y'all, "Y'all drive careful now. Ya' hear?"

Good morning ya'll!!

I guess it's good when you wake up with yard full of Outlaws and more on the way. Beware what we ask for I guess.

Anyway we'll start safety at 9 eastern time on Friday. But the range doesn't close. If you get here late somebody will be up, or will get up, if we able.

Got a few things to do this morning.

Ya'll be safe on the road!!

greetings from Rkansas, ourcansaw, arcnsaw, little rock! :D

almost there and ready to play. bringing a little something for the experts to critique.

it lacks lemon but it packs the AIDE if ya know what i mean. :blush:

the rain gear goes every where i go so a trip like this wont get washed out.

i figure to be pulling into the range around 6pm eastern thursday, so y'all try not to be passed out by then.

cc

I am 13.9 miles away :0)

show off :P

Archived