SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout II

The list keeps growin' here on the wire and folks are lining up to play. I'm gettin' stoked and really can't wait!! :lol:

Hey Blackwater...are you getting some sort of a commission on each entry fee? :lol:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Blackwater...are you getting some sort of a commission on each entry fee? :lol:

Nope! It's just that my home club, so to speak, (I have several) is puttin' this one on. If I keep pluggin' it and folks keep signin' up, we do well and can do another one next year. If you folks have a good time and come back next year and tell all your friends and they come too, we'll get to keep on doin' this. I've always supported and talked up the matches I attend and enjoy. :wub:

I will say that if more folks show up I generally do better as a vendor, (a feller's gotta' make a livin! ;) ) but it's more fun to shoot with a big crowd and everybody laughin' and carryin' on than if nobody shows up.

Ya'know? I do hope y'all hang around for Sat. night and listen to the band. We really love to play for enthusiastic audiences and cowboys have really supported us well!! And if ya's like the tunes we don't mind the ocasional tip in the big jar! :lol: Y'all be sure to support the bluegrass band that's playin Fri. night too!! After all, you ever seen a musician that wasn't or hasn't been broke??

:unsure::rolleyes::lol:

Anyways .... Back to page one!!

Still waiting on the confirmation to come in the mail.... is it a week or so yet?

Looking forward to my first BlackGold shoot!

I've seen a few names of people I've shot with before here on this thread, so I'm

braving the trip. You all are always a fun group, whether I get to shoot with

old friends, am making new ones.

Jackie Diamond

Miss Diamond

It was a pleasure meetin ya a couple of weeks back at POP. Lookin forward ta seein ya in the hill of coal country! As for bravin the trip, you'll be GLAD YA DID! You won't find a more hospitable bunch folks anywhere. Copperhead Joe & Miss Bo, Whiskey Creek Johnson & Iron Maiden, Tn Tombstone & Lady Tombstone, Blackwater & Hatfield, and a whole bunch more! It's gonna be a HOOT! :D

Titus,

FRONTIER CARTRIDGE GUNFIGHTER OUTLAWis what I'ma shootin'!!!

I'm gonna be a bringin' a whole lot of SG shells, a fishin' pole for Critter, a sackful of RED SOLO CUPS, and a big ol' dezzert for Blackwater. Plus I been a practisin' my baackup singin'!!

I may even talk to RRR if he shows up. Ya never know about that boy!!

WE ARE COUNTIN' THE DAYS!!!!! Till we see you and Fannie again!!!! Plus all the other kinfolk!!!

Titus,

I may even talk to RRR if he shows up. Ya never know about that boy!!

Sure I'm a commin, Cause Blackgold is where tha nice friendly folk shoot!

Course their maybe one feller there dat I may not talk to~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~much cause he's got snobby tha las few years ye see.

RRR

RRR,

You know YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!

Don't forget Copperhead Joe , you and I get to pick and clean all the fried turkey bones before supper !! Now that WAS FUN!!!

See ya in a few weeks!

Judge

I hear ye buddy I ain't forgot

RRR

I hear ye buddy I ain't forgot

RRR

Hey RRR! You gots ta' bring some of them pepper poppers like you brought last time! :wub::P Thy're something to look forward to. B)

And oh yeah!! You orta' bring ol' Three Cut this time!! :rolleyes::lol:

BTT

A World Champion, all dressed in Purple and smelling like Lemon Aide. That's how he shot! Congratulations, Joe, Great Shooting! Can't wait for July 12th, cuz, that's when I am heading your way! :lol:

Well Knobby, ya' beat me to it!! WAYTA'GO JOE!!

Ladies and Gentlemen! Your host for the second annual Black Gold Shootout!! Copperhead Joe Black, the new and once again S.A.S.S. B-Western World Champ!!

Alright!! We're still celebratin' ol' Copperhead winnin' EOT!!

Y'all git on up an' get headed to Ponderosa Pines 'n' we'll show ya's how to really "put on the dog"!! :lol::lol:

Ya'll shoulda seen em, all hugged up to that statue a kissing it and crying and telling it that he loves it. He wern't even drunk! Just heard from Whiskey and they are in Arkansas driving home and he's still hugging it. Gonna be a cold night Bo!!!

Ya'll shoulda seen em, all hugged up to that statue a kissing it and crying and telling it that he loves it. He wern't even drunk! Just heard from Whiskey and they are in Arkansas driving home and he's still hugging it. Gonna be a cold night Bo!!!

Wonder did they ever make it home?? They had ta' come through here and they didn't stop that I know of, so maybe the statue and the wayward ne'er-do-wells made it home. :unsure::unsure:

BTT!! :lol::lol:

Howdy ya'll !!!

We finely made it home. We had a great time, then we got EOT and started all over again. Thanks for all the grads. I guess the stars finely got themselves alined.

Now its back to work on THE match. We have a lot of expectations to live up too. But come hell or high water it will happen!! And even better than last year.

For and up date we have added 5 new stages on the upper "mining camp". So this year we will shoot 5 stages in town and 5 in the mining camp. We now have water up on the range, so no potajohns!! I'll try and get pictures on the web site as soon as I can.

Some conformations have been sent out. Others are in the works. There is a shooters list on our web site, check it out.

And as Black Water said you show up and want to shoot we'll make it happen! Come see us.

Glad y'all made it home safe!!

BTT :FlagAm:

Whew! 103 here yesterday. If we don't watch out, it might get hot! :unsure:

Hey KCD....mais why don't you call ole T-boog and Boudreaux and see if dey can install some of dat 'how you call' acundition ! I'm sho dat ole Copperhead Joe will stan good for dat bill for da halectric and da parts for all dat stuff yeah!! I don't want you to haft sweat no! :)

Hey KCD....mais why don't you call ole T-boog and Boudreaux and see if dey can install some of dat 'how you call' acundition ! I'm sho dat ole Copperhead Joe will stan good for dat bill for da halectric and da parts for all dat stuff yeah!! I don't want you to haft sweat no! :)

KK The airconditioner is down for maintainance and repair. The needed parts are on backorder and will arrive around November 15th! :rolleyes:

KK The airconditioner is down for maintainance and repair. The needed parts are on backorder and will arrive around November 15th! :rolleyes:

Dat's not good news some not at all no!!

CC, I am sure Copperhead will give a schedule and round count here pretty soon. Let me know if you need anything. I will be glad to supply rounds or guns or anything else you may need.

See you in two weeks.

CC, I am sure Copperhead will give a schedule and round count here pretty soon. Let me know if you need anything. I will be glad to supply rounds or guns or anything else you may need.

See you in two weeks.

i appreciate the offer Tn, i have it all at my fingertips, i just dont want to hump it all accross the country. snot good for gas milage ya know. ;)

really looking forward to this trip and shooting with you again.

cc

Can you give me the address of the range. The website didn't show any address. I need to know so I can do the goggle map how to get there.

Thanks,

Tenshot Tammy

I'm not sure of the actual street address....or if there is one. The webpage here has driving directions and a map showing the location of the range on New Truckers Road. Maybe someone local has a 911 address that you might be able to plug into Google Maps.

Howdy

We are putting the final touches on the schedule of events I"ll post them as soon as I can. I can tell you there are no knock downs. we will shoot 10 stages the round count should be around 100 pistol 100 rifle 50 shotgun.

Our address doesn't work with GPS. DO NOT TRY AND FOLLOW GPS DIRECTIONS TO THE RANGE. Please fellow the directions on the web site.

I'll try and post GPS coordinates tomorrow.

The range is looking good and we are going to have a GOOD"N!!!!!

The GPS coordinates I use are, 37.119131,-83.796394. That gets you to where New Truckers Road turns off of 80. Can't wait! Just one more week!

Boozy

Thanks for postin the coordinates Boozy. Was gonna getem outta the Garmin tonight and post em but ya beat me to it. We'll see you this Saturday at Green County Regulators! Lookin forward to this trip! :)

P.S. Like Joe said earlier, don't use the actual address in your GPS...it don't take ya to Joes! Use the coordinates. Just ask me and T-Bone. We took the scenic tour of beautiful Manchester, KY lookin for Joe'n'Bo last year. Finally got him to answer his phone and he said we was on the wrong side of town!

Archived