SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout II

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dew R. Dye and I are looking forward to shooting the Black Gold Shootout II this year. It is great how the Mid-West Classic, the Black Gold Shootout II and A Gunfight in Dixie XI are part of the Triple Crown this year. Our Memphis Gunslingers are proud to be part of the Triple Crown that is built for competition and to entertain.

Cherokee Sgt.

OK Joe, you already know it, but just a reminder. SAVE A PLACE FOR THE LUV MACHINE! ^_^ Talked to Complicated Lady and Petticoat Chaser at Rocky and Noah's New Years Eve party. Things are still kinda hazy from that night but I do believe they said they are plannin on bein there as well. Folks, like T-Bone said, this is a shoot ya DON'T wanna miss! Joe'n'Bo know how to put on a fun, fine, fantabulous shoot! :D

Joe, I am coming back to one of the best shoots I went to last year. Put me down for a camp spot also. I'll be there a day or two early, if I can help out put me down.

Bones, I don't know bout that pool site. The best I remember "there I was all by myself" trying to keep my beer kegs cool. The thought was to cool them by floating them in the pool. After just adding ice I look up and there's some big hairy creature all hugged up to one my kegs!! Now I can't hardly say fe shore what it was, but some folks says "it looked a lot like You"!

If that be so, Doc there could be a pool side spot open. Cause everybody knows you don't mess with Mans beer cooler! Or a Woman's pool. Bo had to shock that thing all summer to get it cleared up.

Titus, ol friend the Love Machine has its spot roped off with three of Dad's big logging chains!

Purly, Sgt,Dye,Lady,Chaser come see us. Otoo if'n I's was you I'd Be real interested!

It's going to be good'n!!

Bones, I don't know bout that pool site. The best I remember "there I was all by myself" trying to keep my beer kegs cool. The thought was to cool them by floating them in the pool. After just adding ice I look up and there's some big hairy creature all hugged up to one my kegs!! Now I can't hardly say fe shore what it was, but some folks says "it looked a lot like You"!

If that be so, Doc there could be a pool side spot open. Cause everybody knows you don't mess with Mans beer cooler! Or a Woman's pool. Bo had to shock that thing all summer to get it cleared up.

Titus, ol friend the Love Machine has its spot roped off with three of Dad's big logging chains!

Purly, Sgt,Dye,Lady,Chaser come see us. Otoo if'n I's was you I'd Be real interested!

It's going to be good'n!!

As I was about to send you a message asking you to save us a spot for our RV, Chaser told me he has already talked to you.

The way he has it planned it looks like we will be there all week!

I just hope y'all don't get tired of us.

Maybe you can give me some good recipes to take home with me. :blush:

NO SIR.......Never mess with another mans beer! Especially when ya got yer own jug O Crown! Go ahead and stick me next to that pool and I will be a diligent guard against this hairy creature ya mentioned. Is there a bounty on big foot down there?

Last Kiss and I wouldn't miss it,Joe!

We had a ball! Oh,and the shooting match was fun,too.

Kiss says she wants a spot with an electrical outlet. Something about bringing an air conditioner???

for our big tent. Seems weird,but that's just me. I thought the air, there, didn't need no conditioner.

Harley.

We will be there, since I have already talked to you I know you have me a space for the RV and Lady T a place to set up. I have the blinder winterized and waiting for this match. We will have to see how many frozen drinks we can make in one setting.

If you need any help I will be glad to jump in. I can be there a day or two early if need be.

You know we are coming .

I got home from Florida this afternoon and had applications on the refrigerator.

You know I will be bringing Dixie Critter too. She asks all the time if we are coming back.

Judge

You make sure to get down here in May for Georgia State.

Well I'm plannin' on shootin' the Tripple Crown, so I 'spec I'm in. We got the band all primed and I'll be bringin' my hat stuff too.

Jambalaya anyone? :lol::P

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd push this one back to the top! :rolleyes:

Lot's of folks are lookin' forward to the FUN!!

July 12 thru 14 is gonna' be a roarin' good time! :FlagAm::lol:

We should have our web site up and running this week!! That should answer any questions ya might have.

We've been working on on our main gathering shelter to make it even more friendly. Ain't telling what we did ya'll just have to come see. We plan on shooting our first monthly match the third Saturday on March 17th. Anybody that wants to come early Friday or stay over tell Sunday is welcome. Who knows what might happen before or after the match. With a grand opening, so to speak April 21st. That date will coincide with my Dads birthday, which means live Bluegrass and food for 3 or 4 days.

We should have our web site up and running this week!! That should answer any questions ya might have.

We've been working on on our main gathering shelter to make it even more friendly. Ain't telling what we did ya'll just have to come see. We plan on shooting our first monthly match the third Saturday on March 17th. Anybody that wants to come early Friday or stay over tell Sunday is welcome. Who knows what might happen before or after the match. With a grand opening, so to speak April 21st. That date will coincide with my Dads birthday, which means live Bluegrass and food for 3 or 4 days.

Yeah Joe, a few of us from Illinois are plannin' on shootin' the Triple Crown this year again so, we'll be seeing you down there; just have to get the apps. in the mail soon.

• 4 months later...

Well, we survived the fun and party at James Gang Rides Again. What a fantastic shoot!

It sure is nice to know that there's another great one right around the corner! Copperhead Joe and Miss Bo and the family are already cookin' up a full house, over the top, lock up the wimmen, and mind the kids throw down for your shooting and entertainment pleasure.

Rest up, eat propper, load up that ammo, git yer head on straight, and gas up the wagon. Ya' got 43 days to get ready for the Black Gold Shootout II and all the fun you can possibly stand!!

Ponderosa Pines .....HERE WE COME!!!

July 12th thru 14th! It's the second leg of the Triple Crown!! Bluegrass on Friday Night, Blues and Southern Rock on Saturday night, the best home cookin' in the world, and a shoot to boot!! You'd better not miss this one or you'll be sorry!

Well, we survived the fun and party at James Gang Rides Again. What a fantastic shoot!

It sure is nice to know that there's another great one right around the corner! Copperhead Joe and Miss Bo and the family are already cookin' up a full house, over the top, lock up the wimmen, and mind the kids throw down for your shooting and entertainment pleasure.

Rest up, eat propper, load up that ammo, git yer head on straight, and gas up the wagon. Ya' got 43 days to get ready for the Black Gold Shootout II and all the fun you can possibly stand!!

Ponderosa Pines .....HERE WE COME!!!

July 12th thru 14th! It's the second leg of the Triple Crown!! Bluegrass on Friday Night, Blues and Southern Rock on Saturday night, the best home cookin' in the world, and a shoot to boot!! You'd better not miss this one or you'll be sorry!

Blackwater, like I said in another post, I like your southern/swamp rock; see you in July at least.

We love ta' play for the cowboys 'cause they all get wound up and dance and hoot an' holler.

It's fun to play for a bunch that has so much fun and lets us know they're enjoying it!

Most of these guys shoot and are into guns too, so we share more than just good music!

Thanks, Ugly!! B)

For the rest of ya's, this is the second leg of the Triple Crown this year and we're lookin' forward to havin you come and hang out, eat and shoot with us at our new range!! The Highland Regulators have moved to Ponderosa Pines and all the Possum Trot crew is here and hopin' you'll think of this as another invite to share what we've got to offer!

We ought to have a cookin' contest of some sort, don't cha think! The gumbo war at Rock Castle was a hoot, and I know some of the culprits behind it were not able to make this match 'cause their home shoot is that weekend.

How about we have "Operation Deessert Storm"? See who can come up with the bestest dessert fer the weekend! I know there's several cobbler makers and cake bakers and the like and if we take votes by what folks like we can maybe raise a little money for say, The S.A.S. S. Scholarship Fund!

Same as before! Twenty bucks to enter. Winner get's half the kitty to do with as they please. Let's say... $.50 fer each sample you'd like to try after the judges complete their ballots. Whadda'ya' think? Any takers?

our apps are in the mail, sorry to wait till now, long trips take lots of planning to come together. cant wait to posse up with my old friend TN Tombstone and meet some new ones.

charlie

Hey Charlie, I'm lookin forward to seein my 'OLD' ^_^ friend TN Tombstone, too! Be good to meet you as well. Always fun to put a face to a pard from here on the wire. See y'all soon! :)

Blackwater, "Operation Deessert Storm" sounds like a GRAND idea! Sure hated missin out on all that Gumbo, though! :angry: As well as seein a buncha old friends. Sugah's post with her pics brings it to life for me, as usual. Don't know what we'd do without her!

Blackwater, Deesert Storm sounds great. I hope this is a beg,borrow, or steal match. I been known to cook a little, but baking just ain't happening. But I do know people, so count me in. Just remember in a beg,borrow, or steal match you better watch your back.

We been working on the Mining Camp set of stages and they are looking great. Miss Bo is working pictures.

Going to be good'n!!!

I'm remembering the scenario from CAC last year!! There were a couple of pretty upset participants after their goodies were pilfered, so I'm gonna' say you can beg or you can buy, but there'll be no abscondin' with somebodies goodies. :angry::lol:

Joe! I know you know somebody that can do a little bakin' or somethin' just like it. I didn't say you couldn't hire it done!! :rolleyes::unsure:

Y'all c'mon!! The scholarship fund may help some folks you know put a young'un in school!! There ain't a better reason!! :FlagAm:

Titus,

i'm looking forward to it too, thanks.

now, whats all this about deezerts?

cc

C.C., see post #24 and then drag out yer best DEESSERT recipe!! :rolleyes::lol:

Archived