SASS Wire Forum

Blanchard Mother Shoots And Kills Intruder

Subdeacon Joe

Blanchard Mother Shoots And Kills Intruder

18, Widowed on Christmas day, has a very young baby, and had to kill a man who was trying to break in. Hope the community rallies around her and gets her some help.

UPDATE - They did:

Fund set up to help Mrs. McKinley:

The Blanchard police department has set up a fund for Sarah McKinley at Chickasha Bank &Trust in Blanchard. The address is 1525 N Council Hwy 76 and the phone number is 405-485-2300. Anyone wishing to make a donation should ask for Leah.

Twenty minutes for 911 should tell folks something.

This woman needs help. Tough year indeed.

I think she held together remarkably well during the interview. I'm wondering if it is inner fortitude, or if she is still in shock from the hits she has taken so close together.

Damn proud of this little lady. And like the rest of us backwood, gully jumpin, funny talkin, hand fishin, Okies, she'll be ok. (The rest of us will see to that. We always do) 5-3-99 4-19-95

God Bless

We will never forget.

Slim

UPDATE:

Fund set up to help Mrs. McKinley:

The Blanchard police department has set up a fund for Sarah McKinley at Chickasha Bank &Trust in Blanchard. The address is 1525 N Council Hwy 76 and the phone number is 405-485-2300. Anyone wishing to make a donation should ask for Leah.

I've checked the HuffPo reporting of this, especially the comments. Not seeing any anti-civil rights comments. Closest are comments of the "Well, I've never liked guns, but in this case, good for her" type. Close to 7000 comments there. (no, I've not read them all)

That's one tough little lady.

Ya think after what she's been through with her husband passing that she was in no mood for a break-in by a couple of dirtbags?:angry:

That's one tough little lady.

Ya think after what she's been through with her husband passing that she was in no mood for a break-in by a couple of dirtbags?:angry:

I would bet that what was going through her mind was something like "Oh gawd!!! Don't let my son be an orphan!"

With all she has been through, I'm really hoping that the fund that has been set up for her (see above) will bring in enough to set her up for several years, if not for life. Sounds like she could use a few breaks.

Archived