SASS Wire Forum

The Changing Face Of Gun Ownership

Uno Mas  SASS #80082

Nice review of women as gun owners, from all places: CBS.

"Okay, That Was Awesome!"

HT: Shall Not Be Questioned blog

Was that a .22 bolt action? Imagine the smile if she shot a 73 loaded with .44-40 in black powder!:lol:

We need to write CBS thanking them for finally airing some truth about guns, gun owners, and shooting.

I love this:

Pistol-shooting mommas and rifle-wielding yoga instructors may not be the type of woman who comes to mind when you hear about female shooters, but they're dominating the sport.

They say they shoot not only for self-protection, but because it relieves stress, helps them find peace and concentration and - feel feminine.

For instance, Deirdre Gailey, who says, "I'm a yoga instructor, I work at a vegan bakery -- and I also like to shoot guns."

Aren't guns and shooting the opposite of yoga's Zen experience?

"Yoga's Zen-like quality can be applied to shooting guns in a lot of ways,' says Gailey. "Shooting guns takes focus, concentration, and it doesn't always have to be about violence."

"(When I cook)," Gailey added, "I use a chef's knife. You have respect for a knife as a tool that you use in your craft. And I think guns can be used in the same way."

She is kind of paraphrasing Cicero and St. John Chrysostom there.

Jeeeebus! Has anyone checked the temperature of Hell lately?

NBC Sports Network to Sponsor New Product Center at 2012 SHOT Show

All this sudden rationality...

Jeeeebus! Has anyone checked the temperature of Hell lately?

Washington National Partly Cloudy 25 7 46 NW10 30.26R WCI15

Dulles Intl. Partly Cloudy 20 13 74 W8 30.25R 30.25R WCI10

Going left to right: temperature; dewpoint; humidity; wind;

barometric pressure and National Weather Service notes for

watching and warnings.

;):lol:

Couldn't have. The Cleveland Browns aren't playing in the Super Bowl.

:lol: Rye

Was following a very nice looking 20s something young lady thru Walmart a couple of days ago. She was wearing a pair of designer jeans that fit remarkably well. I kept thinking to myself how good she would look with an El Paso gunbelt strapped around those hips.

I really must be getting old.

Couldn't have. The Cleveland Browns aren't playing in the Super Bowl.

Thanks, I might as well just keep a roll of paper towels by my monitor.

Was following a very nice looking 20s something young lady thru Walmart a couple of days ago. She was wearing a pair of designer jeans that fit remarkably well. I kept thinking to myself how good she would look with an El Paso gunbelt strapped around those hips.

I really must be getting old.

You may not be getting old, you might just have a "thing" for attractive women with guns. Not seeing a problem, unless you were fixating on the gunbelt and not the girl! Then you might have other issues.

As for the CBS piece, I liked it. Smart starting with a bolt action. Needing to actually cycle the action to get another round chambered increases safety and slows everything down. Probably why I started my daughter on a lever action. Or because I want her to shoot Cowboy too.

I liked the yoga instructor talking about Zen in shooting. I've shot my best trap scores when getting myself into a Daoist / Zen Mindset.

I liked the yoga instructor talking about Zen in shooting. I've shot my best trap scores when getting myself into a Daoist / Zen Mindset.

At the indoor range my wife worked at we would see once or twice a month a small group of Buddhist monks come in to shoot. Seeing them in their robes, with ear protection on and a gun in the hand kind of tweaked the mind the first time you saw it.

I liked how she equated guns with knives, basically saying its not the tool, it is the person holding the tool that would be a problem.

Archived