SASS Wire Forum

Planning your 2012 Schedule? GEORGIA STATE

Yazoo City Gal

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Captain,

'out of towners' ain't got a patent on speed. You fellers down in Georgia have your fair share of World and/or National champs.

And Heaven knows ya got some local speedsters that can hold their own in nearly any match.

p.s. - have you given it any consideration that some of these 'out of town speedsters' are wanting to come down and play in your sand box so they can learn a few things?

..........Widder

Yep, I have Widder! You're right, there are a lot of fast shooters down here, plenty of them whup up on me regularly. I figure the more fast shooters I can see in action, the more I'll learn. I heard a certain fellow with a reputation for being particularly fast with pistols was going to be here, hopefully I'll get a chance to see him shoot to. Reckon you might be able to help me with that?

Yep, I have Widder! You're right, there are a lot of fast shooters down here, plenty of them whup up on me regularly. I figure the more fast shooters I can see in action, the more I'll learn. I heard a certain fellow with a reputation for being particularly fast with pistols was going to be here, hopefully I'll get a chance to see him shoot to. Reckon you might be able to help me with that?

Capt., I'll be more than happy to accommodate you........I'll introduce you to my good friend Deuce. ^_^

I'm lookin forward to shootin down there. I've met and shot with alot of good folk from the Georgia area. I hold em in high esteem.

And I'm lookin forward to seeing Easy Rider, one of my Heros. And of course, those ornery Duncan Bros., Doc and Judge.

I got to hang out with McKensie River and Fast Eddie once or twice at some matches last year. There are others I'm sure but sometimes I don't remember where all those shooters come from.

Georgia also has some 'cut above' Gunfighters. Ya gotta love that.

Lookin forward to meeting you. I should be hangin out at the Side match speed pistol and shotgun and maybe workin one of them ifn the Judge needs me.

..........Widder

Widder,

I already have you on my list to help out for awhile at one of the side matches. I am just glad you volunteered before I had to ask.

If it was not for all my Tennessee kinfolk ( Widder, Last Kiss, Fast Harley, Tn.Tombstone, Unpleasant, Pleasant and others) I would NOT have enough folks to keep the side matches goin all day.

Thanks to ALL OF YOU !!!!

Judge

Hey, you introduce me to Deuce and I'll make the introductions with Easy. ;) He is the first Cowboy I met when I started out and the only one I've ever practiced with. You won't find a cowboy more willing to help a newbie!

Fast Eddie, Mckenzie and I shoot together on the same posse pretty much every weekend and they are both great shooters and good pards. I'm lookin forward to meeting you too, and all the other cowboys I've heard from here on the wire but not been able to meet yet.

This is shaping up to be a really memorable match! I can't wait to see how the Judge tops 'saving Tuco' from last year.

Capt. Bill,

" Saving Tuco" is all Pig Iron's Masterpiece. But his evil mind has come up with a couple of new things for this year. Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun have to be used.

BRING LOTS and LOTS of AMMO!!!!! You will be able to shoot it for three days!!

Well folks, this just keeps getting BETTER and BETTER!!!!

Yep, I got a phone call this morning from dumdumdum (drum beats) STONE CREEK DRIFTER one heck of a FCD or FCGF depending on his mood. Anyway he told me that He and our very own current National and World Champion Frontiersman SPLIT RAIL are gonna be making the trip to Georgia in May.

WOOHOO!!!!

Then this evening I get a call and guess who else is coming.... JACKALOPE JASPER and ANITA MARGARITA!!!!!!!

Things are getting better by the day!!!!!!

Oh Yeah, don't forget CINCO DE MAYO BANQUET on Saturday night!!!!

Just WHO is this Stone Creek Drifter that you speak of???? I thin Ize herd of Splitrail, or izit Fencepost???

Shyannie, whu bettur go hide fer a spell, Coolpeppah

As my ol' daddy usta' say, "Bidness jes' picked up!!" :lol::lol:

Glad to see some of my favorite Yankee Pardners are gonna' make it!! :lol::lol:

Hey Judge, my gimpy pard Isom has convinced me that I should come and try to shoot this match (I was gonna come and watch anyway), so I sent my app in on the 20th. Hopefully, my ailments will allow me to finish the match. At any rate, I'm looking forward to being there B) B) B)

KC,

As I told you and Isom, I have some first class parking and range transport lined up for you guys. I sure am glad you are coming.

It will be great to see you shooting again. If need be we can find someone to help get that "Lightning" loaded. I may be to busy to.

" BIG and CLOSE!!!!!!"

I just hope my targets survive Isom's cannon loads.

Judge

I may sign up for this, but I got another machine being built and coming in from Canada in the next 3-4 weeks. When it shows up, I gotta install it.

I may sign up for this, but I got another machine being built and coming in from Canada in the next 3-4 weeks. When it shows up, I gotta install it.

Ah, importing a gun cart from Canada eh!!

How big is BIG, and how close is CLOSE?

You won't be dissapointed!! I GAR ON TEEEEE!!! :FlagAm:

How big is BIG, and how close is CLOSE?

The Grand Canyon is BIG. And when your standing on the edge of one of the clifts, your CLOSE!

Sounds like Judge is gona let us shoot on the ragged edge of perfection without jumping off.

Sounds like a blast to me.

And the thing that is making this a 'must shoot' match is that its packed full of great Pards from the East, West, North and South.

..........Widder

BIG--- let's see Pistol targets 18"x24"

Rifle targets just 16"x16". BUT...

We are only using less than 10 rifle targets.

CLOSE--- Average pistol target will be 4 yds. There may be a couple as far as 6 yds.

Rifle targets may be at 10yds. give or take.

BUT.......I do have one little surprise set of rifle targets that

are BIG!......

!!!BUZZARDS the size of a B-52!!! but they will be appearing in

the TREES!!!

You have to send in your apps. to see what I mean!!!!

Ah, importing a gun cart from Canada eh!!

A shot blaster that cleans shredded aluminum rims. Runs 5 tons of #12 steel shot with an abrasive added to clean dirt, mud and brake dust off of freshly shredde daluminum rims.

Thanks for the assistance for us old and cripple cowboys! I know you are gonna be busy, so I'm leaving the Lightning at the bunk house and bringing my original SASS rifle, a Rossi '92 in .45LC. It is the easiest rifle I have to load and at 16 years old, still my most reliable. ;)

Hey Judge, I'm measuring the match for a bunkhouse before I sign up with DDD to go after your FCG title...so before I sign up for a bunkhouse..where is the banquet being held??

Kid, it will be great to see you and Isom again!!

Mind's Taken says "Hi!!" :D

Marauder, I always look forward to spending cowboy time with you and Mine's Taken! This should be an interesting challenge for me and I'm definitely excited about coming to the match. :lol:

Tex,

The banquet is at the same place as last year Forsyth County Central Park http://www.forsythco.com/DeptPage.asp?DeptID=40&PageID=164

You don't have to worry about me in FCGF. I will be so worn out from setup I won't be able to draw my pistols.

You need to be worrying about Jackalope and Stone Creek. They are both the MAN when it comes to FCGF.

Judge

Marauder, I always look forward to spending cowboy time with you and Mine's Taken! This should be an interesting challenge for me and I'm definitely excited about coming to the match. :lol:

Here's hoping you are even more able than you imagine! Anyway, have a great time and hope we can shoot on the same posse - and visit as much as possible!

Here's hoping you are even more able than you imagine! Anyway, have a great time and hope we can shoot on the same posse - and visit as much as possible!

As long as I can be around my pards of many years' standing, I know I'll have a great time. If we aren't on the same posse, at least let's try and get seated together at the banquet

DDD,

There is room for a tent or a popup. We will even get you fairly close to flush toilets. There is also a bathouse so you can be presentable.

:lol:

I am gonna sign Lason up also.

Archived