SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Legs, CONGRATULATIONS - Again! ^_^ It seems like everytime you get to the shooting line, congratulations are due to you. What are trying to do, become a good shooter or sumpting? Don't forget your dicitionary, Bandit is gonna need for the spelling contest! :lol:

Sarge, the range is a piece of cake to get to. You go to Louisville, and head south on Interstate 65 - towards Nashville. It is about an hour to the exit once you get on 65. It is only about a mile - mile and half at the most from the Interstate. There will be signs (eash to follow signs) to get you to the range. I hope this helps. KCDrover

Sgt, which way will you be coming in. let me know I'll give you direction from there. Ugly's direction are correct and it's simple. Shaddai

TWO more days......YEEHAW!

talked with KK yesterday and he is chompin at the bits for this match.

AND, the weather forcast is PERFECT. Not a cloud in the sky for Thurs - Sunday. High temps will run from 89 - 94 during those days. Those pards comin in on their motorcycles should have a great trip down and back home.

KK's alittle leary of going to the eatery place on Thursday evening cause he's afraid he's gona have to pick up the tab..... :lol:

I told him it shouldn't cost more than a couple grand so that relieved his anxieties alittle.

Shaddai, its lookin like the James Gang is brewin up a VERY successful match (and Gumbo/Jambalaya contest).

..........Widder

Quick Schedule of events: Friday 8am side matches, 10am Wild Bunch, Range closes at 4pm. 6pm Gumbo Wars and Meet and Greet, with Cowboy Karaoke.

Saturday, 8am Saftey Meeting followed by shooting, we will shoot 3 stages then break for lunch, then 3 more stages. 6pm Banquet at the Hotel under the Big tent, side match awards, some door prizes, and followed by MILKBONE (live band).

Sunday, 7am Cowboy Church, 8am start shooting last 4 stages, lunch under the tent followed by door prizes and Match Awards.

Rough schedule. Shaddai

Quick Schedule of events: Friday 8am side matches, 10am Wild Bunch, Range closes at 4pm. 6pm Gumbo Wars and Meet and Greet, with Cowboy Karaoke.

Saturday, 8am Saftey Meeting followed by shooting, we will shoot 3 stages then break for lunch, then 3 more stages. 6pm Banquet at the Hotel under the Big tent, side match awards, some door prizes, and followed by MILKBONE (live band).

Sunday, 7am Cowboy Church, 8am start shooting last 4 stages, lunch under the tent followed by door prizes and Match Awards.

Rough schedule. Shaddai

Not too rough, seems kinda easy. Oh, never mind. :D

Hey Ugly,

When you use two hands with a gun in each hand, everything is easier. Try holding just one gun with two hands, that makes it a lot harder! :unsure::rolleyes::P

This last day and 1/2 at work is the hardest work I have had to do all year. All I want to do is get up and head to Rockcastle. ^_^ Let me re-state that, "staying" at work this last day and 1/2 is hard work. :D KCDrover

Hey Ugly,

When you use two hands with a gun in each hand, everything is easier. Try holding just one gun with two hands, that makes it a lot harder! :unsure::rolleyes::P

This last day and 1/2 at work is the hardest work I have had to do all year. All I want to do is get up and head to Rockcastle. ^_^ Let me re-state that, "staying" at work this last day and 1/2 is hard work. :D KCDrover

Oh yeah. Very funny. Very funny.

Lookin' forward to seeing all of my reprobate friends in a couple of days and having my jaws ache from all the laughing.

+1 You already paid to play, just stage the guns and have a blast one handed!

Campo.. You're young.. you can handle it.. suck it up and shoot right handed.. you'd probably do just as good!

~ Can't wait to see ya!

Blue

J.Mark: good decision.

ifn the lodge still has vacancies, that would be my 1st choice.

Park Mammoth Hotel: 270/749-4101

Best Value Inn (5-miles away): 270/773-2151

Safe travels

..........Widder

What do you mean I'm chompin at the bit. Just because the saddlebags are packed....the additional luggage is stoked with holsters, ammo, guns and all that I need for a shoot....the bike is fueled and sitting in the garage ready to go....only two sleeps and I'm on the road.

Meeting Montana Longhair and D K Tracker about 45 south of Ft Wayne and then we will caravan down to the blue grass state....should arrive early Thurs. afternoon....just in time to have steak with Widder and his closest friends from Holland.....that means "dutch" doesn't it.... lol.

KK

:FlagAm::FlagAm: This one's shapin' up to be a true Outlaw's convention!! :FlagAm::FlagAm:

24 hours, mai chez, and we be on the road again. I think someone has used that line, or something like it, once or twice before. ^_^ The bullets, guns, and gumbo are all staged and ready to go! YEE-HAW! BON TEMPS ROULET! BABY! :lol: KCDrover

So.. we have hand warmers for cold days.. what are we supposed to do for the hot days like the ones on tap this weekend? Put ice packs in our pants? :lol: Looking forward to seeing everyone..let's shoot 'em up!

Safe travels to everyone~ See ya on Friday!

Blue Hare

I guess we all are getttin anxious.........SUV is loaded mostly...finish in the AM....pick up Asleep at the Wheel at 7Am tomorrow and we will see y'all around 1 PM

I hope everyone is getting well hydrated, especially those of us in Classic Cowboy. You have to get ahead of the curve on dehydration.

I was loading .45acp for Wild Bunch last night and the shellplate bolt on my Square Deal snapped. Luckily, I got enough done for the match. The only thing not done is my Wild Bunch rifle loads but those are run on the 650.

I'll be meeting up with Doc Eels and Mean Gun about 7:30 tomorrow morning. I feel like a kid before Christmas.

I hope everyone is getting well hydrated, especially those of us in Classic Cowboy. You have to get ahead of the curve on dehydration.

I was loading .45acp for Wild Bunch last night and the shellplate bolt on my Square Deal snapped. Luckily, I got enough done for the match. The only thing not done is my Wild Bunch rifle loads but those are run on the 650.

I'll be meeting up with Doc Eels and Mean Gun about 7:30 tomorrow morning. I feel like a kid before Christmas.

So what time will you be done reloading rifle loads tomorrow morning? :)

So what time will you be done reloading rifle loads tomorrow morning? :)

I hate it when people know me so well. :blush:

Actually, I only need 40 and hope to have those done before dinner tonight. I have a box of what are probably WB loads but I don't want to be wrong and not have the correct power factor. The 650 is already set up for .45 colt, I just need to crank up the powder adjustment a bit. Other than that, I'm ready to go!

Sounds like y'all are gonna have a grand time this weekend. Sure was hopin to make it out that way, but it ain't gonna happen. Have a bowl'a'gumbo and a hit of Copperhead Juice fer Ole Titus if'n ya would please! I'll be with ya in spirit. Just talked to T-Bone and he and Ellie Gant are on their way out to join the fun! Fannie Kicker and I shot the inaugural match at the Rockcastle Rangers in November of 2010(I believe) and it had the potential to shape up into one fine range. Knowin Shaddai I can only imagine it has become one!

Y'all have fun!

Titus

I hate it when people know me so well. :blush:

Actually, I only need 40 and hope to have those done before dinner tonight. I have a box of what are probably WB loads but I don't want to be wrong and not have the correct power factor. The 650 is already set up for .45 colt, I just need to crank up the powder adjustment a bit. Other than that, I'm ready to go!

Yes we do, but that's your own fault for telling on yourself. :lol: I guess too, that since you are going with Doc and Mean Gun, you will be early instead of right on time? :)

See ya on Friday~

Sounds like y'all are gonna have a grand time this weekend. Sure was hopin to make it out that way, but it ain't gonna happen. Have a bowl'a'gumbo and a hit of Copperhead Juice fer Ole Titus if'n ya would please! I'll be with ya in spirit. Just talked to T-Bone and he and Ellie Gant are on their way out to join the fun! Fannie Kicker and I shot the inaugural match at the Rockcastle Rangers in November of 2010(I believe) and it had the potential to shape up into one fine range. Knowin Shaddai I can only imagine it has become one!

Y'all have fun!

Titus

Only one thing would have made this party better and that is Titus and Fannie! We will miss you guys. I guess I will find someone to help me with all this American Honey B)

Well, here my wife is coming with me and her impressions of Cowboy Action Shooting is about to plummet......... :lol::lol::lol:

But, there is always a silver lining in every cloud.....she will leave Rockcastle with a better appreciation of ME............ :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Me and Schoolmarm orta' be there 'bout....... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Idunno, early mornin' so's I can get the tents set up. Gonna' run over to my ma's house and get a few more things cooked up, an' then get back so's I kin eat steak with all the n'er-do-wells tomorrow evnin'!

Everybody drive safe!! Get there safe and we'll be sure to have extra fun that way!! :lol::lol:

Finally, I think I am ready to roll out of here in the morning. It is only an hour past my bedtime! Long week of work in only 3 days! Plan on shipping out at 6:30 and meeting up with Buffy and Mean Gun at 7:30 in Piqua. We should roll into Rock Castle around 2! See ya there.

Well, I am all packed. We ate most of the Gumbo for a snack about half way through the packing. But, there still should be enough left for the Friday night tasting.

I should be there mid morning.

Man, a great big ole juicy steak sounds great for a Thursday evening meal, even if "Dutch" is paying. Tomorrow, I start working at having fun! Yee-Haw! KCDrover

Thursday is gonna drag on FOREVER. Everything is ready, just need to pack my bottle of special KY Bourbon for Doc to taste test. :D

Stuffer and I are headed out early Friday morning and will be there for the Wild Bunch Match so save us a spot!

It might with this post.

I hope Shaddai warns the local cow owners that we're coming to town tonight and beef is on the menu..... :lol:

I'll probably leave out about 8 and with the time change, that should put me at Rockcastle around 11, their time.

SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE!

..........Widder

We're fixin' to pull out now! Maybe this'n will put it over the 20 page mark!

See y'all in a little while!!! :lol:

Lady T and I will be pulling out about noon in case anyone forgot anything they can call me and tell me about it :rolleyes:

We should be there in time to eat with the crew.

See everyone there. Doc, I got a bottle with our names on it.

Archived