SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can count me In. Hey, I know a cowpoke named Dutch, and if he is paying, he is gonna be mad. Especially if we don't tell him first. :P KCDrover

Hey Doc,

You are being really :ph34r: about your seafood gumbo. Are you being the strong and silent type, and fixing to clean up in the Gumbo Wars, or, are you still looking for a decent receipe? :o;) Either way, I know it will be good. Your idea for the Cooks to get the first tastes for all the entries is one I don't like; I love it! YEE-HAW! KCDrover. :lol:

Hey Campo,

If Drover says ingredients for his gumbo are chicken and ham, he really means squirrel and spam! Either way, I'm gonna eat a lot of it!

Hey Shaddai,

What is the list of shooters now? I have been hearing about some powerful cowpokes heading our way.

You guys that haven 't decided to come yet, kick it in gear, and get your Gumbo Eating Carcuses down here. We are going to have a Gumbo Cooking contest that have Jambalya entries, black powder shooters that actually make smoke, and Purddy women....very Purddy women...and, a lot of 'em; oh, yea, we got a great shoot planned, as well.....10 fun filled - action packed stages, Saturday and Sunday! We are gonna "pass a large time, I guarantee!"; as they say in Louisana. KCDrover

Steak dinner sounds good ... anyone camping at the range with other transportation? Ali & I will be in on Thur for the WB match on Fri but we are not toting any other transportation with us this trip.

Ziggy,

looks like BJ and I will be getting there in the early afternoon and you and Ali are more than welcome to squeeze yeself in my little red truck with us and I know BJ will enjoy the company also.

Any of you food conaseurs know how to make 'Slow Down Campo Gumbo'? :o

..........Widder

Ziggy,

looks like BJ and I will be getting there in the early afternoon and you and Ali are more than welcome to squeeze yeself in my little red truck with us and I know BJ will enjoy the company also.

Any of you food conaseurs know how to make 'Slow Down Campo Gumbo'? :o

..........Widder

You can't do anything to slow him down permanently, but if we get him full enough we might slow him down for a few hours!! :lol::unsure::lol:

'Course ya' could do him like the Calaveras County Frog!! :rolleyes::unsure::lol:

Hey BlkWtr,

my shortcomings on the computer are universally known.

Anyhow, what I meant to ask (before my finger reached out and hit the "add reply' key before I finished my typing was this:

Does any of you food conaseurs know how to make 'Slow Down Campo Gumbo' OR/AND, 'Don't Go So Fast Jake Jambalaya'?

..........Widder

Well you won't have any trouble from me, today I separated my AC joint in my left shoulder so I probably won't be able to shoot the match.

I am very disappointed to say the least,

Kid

WHAT? Oh man, I can't believe that.

Tell me you're pullin my leg.

Campo, I'm not only saddened by your missing this match but even worse, I hate to hear of your injury.

How serious is an injury like that?

..........Widder

Campo,

I hope that is some kind of late April Fools joke. It won't be the same without you at the match. But, I hope you have a quick recovery.

Pardon me, but Kid, that sucks! I hope it heals quick and well. What the Dr.'s sayin?

Drover, I am just resolved to let my pot do the talkin for me. Toyin with the idea of changin up my recipe just a fuzz, experimentin if ya will. But maybe not at such a high powered comp o tishon as this!

It's no joke. But stuff like this just happens.

I should be getting some motion back within a week or two. It'll probably only be a month before I can shoot again, so it's really not that bad.

I'll still be at the match. I'll just be hanging out and working with my good arm instead of shooting. So yeah, you guys will still have to put up with me. ;)

Thanks for the kind words,

Kid

I should be getting some motion back within a week or two. It'll probably only be a month before I can shoot again, so it's really not that bad.

I'll still be at the match. I'll just be hanging out and working with my good arm instead of shooting. So yeah, you guys will still have to put up with me. ;)

Kid

Hey Kid; When a pard had a bad shoulder in Florida he shot with 5 pistols....Shot duelist for pistols and rifle and used the fifth to shoot the shotgun. Nobody minded as he didn't have a category and wasn't officially competing, but he still had a good time and got to shoot. Food for thought and I'm sure if you wanted to do it you might chat with Shadai and see.

KK

Kid

Campo, Gray Hare told me the news last night. Glad it's not more serious..and that you'll be ok. Hate to hear that you won't be shooting but glad that you'll be there..I'll save the "you should have listened to Padre" speech for when I see you in person! :lol:

Campo, I hate to hear that, let us know if there is anything you need and you are more than welcome to shoot the match. You know once you go duelist you won't go back.

Duelist is coolist. Widder we talk him into shooting duelist you know whats next. GUNFIGHTER

Campo, that just ain't right! - I meant by having your arm hurt the weekend before the match - not what Shaddai was proposing I am in agreement about shooting Duelist! Man, you will be missed at the firing line. Everybody loves to watch you shoot. And, it has always been my pleasure when we got to shoot on the same posse. I was going to say I always learned a lot watching you, and I did, but the truth is what I learned is that a natural born talent with a good hard work ethic is rare thing to behold.

Oh, yea, this doesn't get you out of trying some Gumbo. ^_^ Get Well Soon! KCDrover

Shaddai, yes Sir, you are correct.

Campo should shoot this match as a Duelist and begin the short transitions over to GUNFIGHTER.

Hey Campo, its a devine calling that you can't ignore.

First, ya didn't listen to Padre.

Second, you got yeself hurt.

Third, your only option now is to consider Duelist.

And FORTH, when you heal correctly, GUNFIGHTER will be a natural move up for you.

You could be the only JR.GF in SASSDOM.

And just so ya know, I was ready for you this year in speed SG '97. Looks like I'll have to redeem myself at GOA..... :lol:

Wishing you a quick and complete recovery my friend.

..........Widder

Campo, that news just ........... I've got a rig that you could shoot Josey Wales with if you want it.

Be there Friday night and we'll feed you some "Heal Up Fast" jambalaya and a big dose of "Get Better" gumbo and see what Sat. morning brings.

You get better Bubba! An' do it quick!!

See ya' in a couple of days.

Going to get there late Tuesday. Got to get started early. Doc looking foreward to seeing all ya'll. Who is playing in the Poker tournament?

WCJ

Shaddai, yes Sir, you are correct.

Campo should shoot this match as a Duelist and begin the short transitions over to GUNFIGHTER.

Hey Campo, its a devine calling that you can't ignore.

First, ya didn't listen to Padre.

Second, you got yeself hurt.

Third, your only option now is to consider Duelist.

And FORTH, when you heal correctly, GUNFIGHTER will be a natural move up for you.

You could be the only JR.GF in SASSDOM.

And just so ya know, I was ready for you this year in speed SG '97. Looks like I'll have to redeem myself at GOA..... :lol:

Wishing you a quick and complete recovery my friend.

..........Widder

Widder.. Darnit.. I was gonna give him this speech in person and ya beat me to it. But Campo.. what Widder and Shaddai said.. "Duelist is coolest!" Go for it Kiddo! At this point.. I don't know if I could shoot pistols two handed now.. but I don't really care as I love shooting Duelist! See ya on Friday!

Widder.. Darnit.. I was gonna give him this speech in person and ya beat me to it. But Campo.. what Widder and Shaddai said.. "Duelist is coolest!" Go for it Kiddo! At this point.. I don't know if I could shoot pistols two handed now.. but I don't really care as I love shooting Duelist! See ya on Friday!

Great minds think alike! ;)

Widder

Well I don't think I'm cool enough to shoot duelist. Lol

And I don't wanna show off. :D

Kid

Well I don't think I'm cool enough to shoot duelist. Lol

And I don't wanna show off. :D

Kid

Oh WHATEVER on both accounts <_<

Oh WHATEVER on both accounts <_<

Haha yeah pretty much! Lol

I don't think I could even holster a gun with my left hand though.

Kid

Campo, I smell something and it smells like feathers, step up on the bull and grab it by the horns. Duelist is calling you, just let the force be with you. :D :D :D

Wild Bunch

4 stages of wild bunch, round count 70 pistol, 40 rifle, and 17 shotgun.

Campo, I smell something and it smells like feathers, step up on the bull and grab it by the horns. Duelist is calling you, just let the force be with you. :D :D :D

It's not fear!

But I honestly can't move my left shoulder meaning that even if I shot with my right hand I couldn't draw/holster/transfer any guns with my left hand.

But its alright, I'll have almost as much fun just hanging out with you guys. :D

Still looking forward to it!

Kid

Campo, I'll go one step more, you can stage all your guns so you don't have to draw and reholster. Just trying to put a gun in your hand. I'll even loan you the extra pistols to use. Shaddai

Campo, I'll go one step more, you can stage all your guns so you don't have to draw and reholster. Just trying to put a gun in your hand. I'll even loan you the extra pistols to use. Shaddai

+1 You already paid to play, just stage the guns and have a blast one handed!

Hey Campo, you might as well let Shaddai help ya out on this because with one arm already bad, you surely don't want him twisting that other one....... :lol:

..........Widder

Another thought Campo is for you to shoot outlaw with Tn. Tombstone, T Bone, Lucky Leroy and the like!

Roux is done for the gumbo! It took me 5 1/2 beers to make it! I spent an hour and a half just chopping veggies and meat! Oh but my oh my will it be so nice when done! Ya hear me callin Drover, I'm a knockin and I am bringin a pot so nice that words can't describe! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Anyone have GPS coordinates for the range, and what time are y'all on...Eastern or Central? Gotta get there in time for Wild Bunch.

This is all I found Sarge: 22850 Louisville Rd., Park City, KY 42160.

From I-65 (exit 48) turn towards Mammoth Cave National Park (Left if going North, Right if going South) go 2 tenths of a mile then turn Left on Zion Cemetery Rd (first road on the left), then go half of a mile then stay left at the Y it will turn into Slave Cave Rd from the Y it is 3 tenths a mile to the range entrance which will be on your right. Look for the red gate just past the water tower.

It seems like it should be enough to find your way there.

See ya on Thursday.

Not sure about the time zone myself.

Archived