SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

We should roll in early afternoon Thursday. Then, gonna have to figure out where to set up camp, then......Drover, we will need to have a cocktail!

Furball was able to take Thursday off so we should hit the road early on Thursday and beat a lot of the traffic around Indy. Should get in early afternoon....and of course will need a cocktail....and probably a cab ride.

KK

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, while some of you fellers sit around and 'sip on some Shirley Temples', my guess is that me and Shaddai and others will be headin out to some nice steak eatery Thursday evening.

KK: you gotta go with us cause we're gona need somebody with enough money to help pay for our steaks..... ^_^

..........Widder

Well, while some of you fellers sit around and 'sip on some Shirley Temples', my guess is that me and Shaddai and others will be headin out to some nice steak eatery Thursday evening.

KK: you gotta go with us cause we're gona need somebody with enough money to help pay for our steaks..... ^_^

..........Widder

You can probably count me and Schoolmarm in on that. 'Specially if KK is payin'!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey,

does anyone know ifn Campo and Jake graduated this year?

Ifn they did, I might have to bring my graduation gift.....shooting related, of course.

..........Widder

Hey,

does anyone know ifn Campo and Jake graduated this year?

Ifn they did, I might have to bring my graduation gift.....shooting related, of course.

..........Widder

Unfortunately neither Jake nor myself graduated this year.

I'm just about finished with my junior year, but

man, I'm ready to be done! :D

Rockcastle is so close I can almost taste it!

Kid

Unfortunately neither Jake nor myself graduated this year.

I'm just about finished with my junior year, but

man, I'm ready to be done! :D

Rockcastle is so close I can almost taste it!

Kid

Thanks for the info Kid. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to help you both celebrate. I'll just save my $$ for next year.

ONE more week. My left wrist has been well so far this year. Alittle stiff and sore a couple times but nothing like last year. NO ALIBI's for me this time. Just don't forget that you need to always respect your elders..... :lol::lol::lol:

see ya sooooooooooon!

..........Widder

..........Widder

You can use all the money you won with the speed shotgun at GOA and Ga. As soon as I win one of those I'll be happy to buy....lol.

KK

You can use all the money you won with the speed shotgun at GOA and Ga. As soon as I win one of those I'll be happy to buy....lol.

KK

Hold on just a minute! The speed shotgun was a tie at GOA! There were TWO winners...but no, I'm still not buying you fellers dinner. :D

Just kidding buddy, see ya soon.

Kid

Actually, for the record, Campo WON speed SG at GOA 2011 and we both tied in the 'I bought it'. He actually had the 'I bought It' won and I was finished for the day until KK gave me a handful of shells and said: 'run it for me so I can watch'. At which LUCKY time, I tied Campo. I think I must have had a good tailwind to get that time.

No doubt KK, you're gona see a dandy of a rematch. The Ole GF and the Kid. Funny thing is that with all the other good shooters coming, nothing is a sure thing in this game.

It will be entertaining and ya gotta love it!

..........Widder

It will be entertaining and ya gotta love it!

..........Widder

That's true!! I'm looking forward to it!

Zac

Holy Cow! 5 days - 5 days to go! Hey Campo, when you said you could almost taste it, where talking about our Gumbos. I can 't wait to taste all the different offerings. It is going to be a Large Time. Yee-Haw! KCDrover

Holy Cow! 5 days - 5 days to go! Hey Campo, when you said you could almost taste it, where talking about our Gumbos. I can 't wait to taste all the different offerings. It is going to be a Large Time. Yee-Haw! KCDrover

Actually I was just thinking about how awesome this match is going to be, and how I can't wait for it to be here.

As for the Gumbo, I don't think I'm brave enough to try that, it might keep me in the "little cowboys room" for longer than I'd like. ;):lol:

Kid

P.S. I just realized that I signed my last post with my real name. That won't get me kicked off the wire, will it?? lol

P.S. I just realized that I signed my last post with my real name. That won't get me kicked off the wire, will it?? lol

NO, but I notice that also and your penalty is 2 boxes of SG shells.....paid out to.....ME! :lol:

Hey Kid, are you showing up on Thursday. If so, y'all join us for a good steak dinner.

..........Widder

Campo, you might have a mis-conception of what Gumbo or you had bad Gumbo. If it keeps you "occupied" for longer than usual, it was poorly cooked, or maybe the chef has a misrepresented what Cajun Cookin' should be and over spiced it. Cajun food (I should say "real" Cajun Food) is not overly hot. But, since leaving Louisiana, I have experienced some absolute terrible attempts at Cajun Cookin'. And, that includes so called Cajun Restaurants. I will NOT eat Cajun Food outside of my kitchen or in Louisiana. Southeast Texas has some good Cajun Restaurants, but only because they imported their Chefs. Just think of a fantastic savory soup with hearty junks of chicken (juicy - not dry and over cooked), and a good pork sausage with smoked ham hocks all brought together with a little touch of white rice. The flavors will not even be foreign to your taste buds....just highly satisfying! It will bring a smile to your face, I GUARANTEE! KCDrover

Golly KCD, you're gona fling a cravin on all of us.

With the way you described it, you could probably tie my hands behind my back and place a bowl of that stuff on my head. And I would commence to slap my brains out with my tongue just tryin to get to it..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder' I need all the shotgun ammo I've got!!

Drover, wow, that sounds really good. ;) I might just have to try some. B)

Kid

Doc, Smack Talk? Where did that come from? :ph34r::P I was simply explaining that Gumbo is not a foreign substance, something to be too timid to try. I wasn't trashing anyone elses Gumbo. Again, simply, explaining the delightful experience awaiting any Cowboy who has the hankering and notion to try all the offerings which will be brought forward at the FRIENDLY Meet and Greet Friday Night.

Campo, you know when people are nervous and unsure of themselves, they cover it up with..Smack Talk. Try them both, and I know a gentleman of your quality, breeding, intelligence, good looks, manners, and all around a True Cowboy that Great Cowboys call Great, will come to a proper and unbiased conclusion that my Gumbo is so good it is spelled Gumbeaux and second to NONE!!! :):D:lol::lol::lol:

Yours So Humbly,

KCDrover

Doc, Smack Talk? Where did that come from? :ph34r::P I was simply explaining that Gumbo is not a foreign substance, something to be too timid to try. I wasn't trashing anyone elses Gumbo. Again, simply, explaining the delightful experience awaiting any Cowboy who has the hankering and notion to try all the offerings which will be brought forward at the FRIENDLY Meet and Greet Friday Night.

Campo, you know when people are nervous and unsure of themselves, they cover it up with..Smack Talk. Try them both, and I know a gentleman of your quality, breeding, intelligence, good looks, manners, and all around a True Cowboy that Great Cowboys call Great, will come to a proper and unbiased conclusion that my Gumbo is so good it is spelled Gumbeaux and second to NONE!!! :):D:lol::lol::lol:

Yours So Humbly,

KCDrover

All I know is that I'm bringing some of that gooood vodka for Mean Gun Mark and me to try and then we'll be sampling all of the gumbos offered. I guarontee!

Now Drover, I was not smack talkin, trash talkin or just beatin my gums any more than some other chef wanna be I know of from down round Knob Creek Kentucky. I just wanted to point out a soon to be proven fact, to be helpful to the youth ya know. Humble my butt!

Now Ugly, ya better not be gettin Mean Gun to liquored up or he is sleepin with you!

OK, OK, I am ashamed of the fact I not ashamed at how much I like my own cooking. :rolleyes: Uh, Kind of? We both know the main thing is to get all the people at the Meet and Greet to cough up lot warm, fuzzy, cash for the Chapel. :) And, being humble means "never having to say you are sorr....." Uh! No, that was a different movie. How about "it is Hard to be Humble when....." :lol: KCDrover

Campo, you might have a mis-conception of what Gumbo or you had bad Gumbo. If it keeps you "occupied" for longer than usual, it was poorly cooked, or maybe the chef has a misrepresented what Cajun Cookin' should be and over spiced it. Cajun food (I should say "real" Cajun Food) is not overly hot. But, since leaving Louisiana, I have experienced some absolute terrible attempts at Cajun Cookin'. And, that includes so called Cajun Restaurants. I will NOT eat Cajun Food outside of my kitchen or in Louisiana. Southeast Texas has some good Cajun Restaurants, but only because they imported their Chefs. Just think of a fantastic savory soup with hearty junks of chicken (juicy - not dry and over cooked), and a good pork sausage with smoked ham hocks all brought together with a little touch of white rice. The flavors will not even be foreign to your taste buds....just highly satisfying! It will bring a smile to your face, I GUARANTEE! KCDrover

Campo!! KCD has it right!! Cajun has little to do with over hot spiced foods!! A good gumbo is like a good chicken an' dumplins. D@MNED GOOD home cookin' with good stuff that you know and love, just rearranged a little! :lol:

Now if you like the gumbo..... you'll hafta' try the over the top, out of this world, don't put it on yer head' cause your toungue'll beat yer brains out, gonna' make you hug yer granny jambalaya I'm fixin' for this little feydeauxdeaux!! :wub::P:o

And if things go right I'll have another little treat too!! :unsure::PB)

Now Ugly, ya better not be gettin Mean Gun to liquored up or he is sleepin with you

No way that's happening with three of us in a room already!

Blackwater D will probably be serving JEDI GUMBO. Its outa this world cookin and make you wanta come back for more at Warp speed..... :lol:

..........Widder

Close ol' friend. It is the Jedi Jambalaya. Made in the kitchens of Obiwan Breaux Bridge!!

We got ten pounds of chicken, ten pounds of sausage, five pounds of shrimp, and five pounds of crawfish. There's peppers, onion, bacon, rice and my special blend of spices and the roux made in heaven. You can put a bowl of gumbo next door to this and it'll wanna' pay rent to stay in the neighborhood. With the gumbo, the jambalaya, some bread and good to drink, we're gonna' have one heck of a party. Don't forget!!! T-bone is gonna' be firin' up the Dooley Gang Karaoke to boot!! :lol::FlagAm::wub:

edit: Widder, check your profile. I left you a message in your comment section. Actually two, 'cause there wasn't enough room in one message.

Tell me what you think!!

BlkWtr D.

I sent ya back a PM.

Hey, Jedi Jambalaya sounds like a winner. Now ya got me hungry.

Even my wife oughta enjoy this hoe-down.

Just call her 'BJ'. Her name is Belva but I been callin her BJ for 30+ years now. It'll help make her feel at home.

She don't shoot cause she don't have alot of arm strength and endurance and she can't bear the heat. She was diagnosed with MS about 29 years back, during our first year of marriage, and she has battled some tough disabling years and has managed to fight back with proper medicines and exercise to get around better than she did a few years back.

Sometimes, I think my Cowboy shootin wears on her also but she don't complain much.

Anyhow........see everyone SOOOOOOOOOON!

..........Widder

Dad - Burn! Mr. Blackwater, you got my mouth to watering. Won't it be a slap on the knee if a Jambalaya wins The Gumbo Cookin' Contest! ^_^:ph34r: Tell you what, I swap you a bowl of my Gumbo for a Bowl of you Jamabalya. B) KCDRover

Dad - Burn! Mr. Blackwater, you got my mouth to watering. Won't it be a slap on the knee if a Jambalaya wins The Gumbo Cookin' Contest! ^_^:ph34r: Tell you what, I swap you a bowl of my Gumbo for a Bowl of you Jamabalya. B) KCDRover

I've already reserved my spot in the line. JEDI's are served first. You're behind me KC..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

I've already reserved my spot in the line. JEDI's are served first. You're behind me KC..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Are we going to line up numerically according to our Jedi Gunfighter numbers?

Are we going to line up numerically according to our Jedi Gunfighter numbers?

I quit standing in line, but if you want to stand behind me that would be ok.

KK

I quit standing in line, but if you want to stand behind me that would be ok.

KK

KK, you should know that I'd stand behind you no matter what.

KCD, you got a deal!! and I want some of Bandit's and some of Doc's and some of..... Ah heck just bring me a bowl of each!! :P:P:P

KCD, you got a deal!! and I want some of Bandit's and some of Doc's and some of..... Ah heck just bring me a bowl of each!! :P:P:P

I'm with Blackwater! I wanna little bit of everyones! Now you fellers know, that as some folks are talkin bout where they will be standind in line, us chefs don't have to worry bout that! We have kitchen clout, we just go straight to the pot! AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEE!

I'm with Blackwater! I wanna little bit of everyones! Now you fellers know, that as some folks are talkin bout where they will be standind in line, us chefs don't have to worry bout that! We have kitchen clout, we just go straight to the pot! AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEE!

We don't have to be a chef to go to POT.

Archived