SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are gonna be several birds at this shoot and not all are be cooked ;0). KCDrover

:lol::lol::lol:

KK Bird

Widderbird

Blackbird of DesperWater

and many more!

..........Widder (flyin by the seat of my pants)

Well, I just shot with Doc two days in a row at the Mid West Clasic. We had a Blast! Not only is Doc a great guy, he is a great possee leader and even a better Duelist. Did I say that? Someone must have hacked my computer? Back to "Gumbeaux Wars"! KCDrover

Well, I just shot with Doc two days in a row at the Mid West Clasic. We had a Blast! Not only is Doc a great guy, he is a great possee leader and even a better Duelist. Did I say that? Someone must have hacked my computer? Back to "Gumbeaux Wars"! KCDrover

As you get to know him you will find he is a very generous person....usually behind the scenes. He is one of the best. Of course, I have to make monthly payments to him so he will be my pal.

KK

As you get to know him you will find he is a very generous person....usually behind the scenes. He is one of the best. Of course, I have to make monthly payments to him so he will be my pal.

KK

Well KK, ifn I had your money, I'd keep all my friends on 'retainer'..... :lol:

..........Widder

Back from Sparta.......Shot with Doc, Drover,Mean Gun Mark and Buffy..What a riot ploly one of the best posses i have shot on Posse 3 Rocked !!!!

Starlings, Widder, I said Cracklings!!!!! I love pork fat in my gumbo! K.K. I am your friend with or without monthly payments. All the payments are for my silence about your........

Drover and Bandit, always good! You two are always a pleasure to posse with!

Got back from Sparta Sunday mornin', but I had a gig yesterday afternoon so this is the first time I've been on the wire since Wed. night.

Yeah!!! All the usual suspects were there gettin' practiced up for Memorial Day weekend! :lol::lol:(Some of 'em might orta have stayed home and worked on their cookin!! :lol::lol::lol: )

I hear more and more folks talkin' 'bout our little party and it's all gettin' me stirred up!! This is gonna' be a BLAST!! :FlagAm::FlagAm:

Speaking of cookin', I wonder Doc, I have always done between a 5 Beer and 6 Beer rue. If it's light beer I ususally consume up to 8, but a good Kenucky Ale, I can only handle about 5 - You? KCDrover :rolleyes:

Whats a rue ???????

We had a good monthly shoot Saturday, folks got to see the work that's be done. Can't wait til our Match.

It's a very impressive amount of work. If you keep it up, you're going to have one of those big ole' frontier towns, like Cheyenne or Fort Smith.

And it was a great shoot. Even those of us that kept "P"in' ourselves had a good time. :)

Speaking of cookin', I wonder Doc, I have always done between a 5 Beer and 6 Beer rue. If it's light beer I ususally consume up to 8, but a good Kenucky Ale, I can only handle about 5 - You? KCDrover :rolleyes:

Beer in a roux??? :unsure::wacko: Only beer in a roux??? Why I thought surely you'd use good liquor at the least!! A sour mash at the least!!! Some good shine or in Doc EEll's case I figure he'll have half a bottle of Crown Royal in his recipe, both in the roux and in the broth. Beer???!! (shaking head in disbelief :blink::wacko: )

Well Drover, I am usually good for a good 6 or 7 pack! Depends how thirsty I are while I stir! Blackwater, Ya don't put it in the rue, it is all about how many beers (how long it takes) you drink. You know, to get the rue dark enough! Drover, are you like me and keep getting tired of teaching these wanna be's?

I'm just about getting tired of all this mumbo gumbo talk.

While I appreciate the flavor of a good gumbo, I propose next year there is a beans and taters cook off. I like mine pinto, simmered all day. Taters fried with lard and onions. And a big pone of cornbread to go with it.

If there is cornbread left after the beans and taters are gone, bust it up and put it in a glass of milk, eat with a spoon.

Well Drover, I am usually good for a good 6 or 7 pack! Depends how thirsty I are while I stir! Blackwater, Ya don't put it in the rue, it is all about how many beers (how long it takes) you drink. You know, to get the rue dark enough! Drover, are you like me and keep getting tired of teaching these wanna be's?

Now fellers, I realise this ain't even a spellin' contest, but y'all cain't even spell the word much less know a good ROUX if it bit ya' on the underside!! :lol::lol: With relatives havin' names like Mouton and Thibedeaux and livin' in their kitchens, that WANNABE moccasin probably fits other feet mo' better than mine. As to the consumpsion of spirits, any good coonass knows you pour some of the ingredient in the ROUX and some in da' cook, yeaboy!! :lol::lol:

Smack talk mode off.

Dang I cain't wait!! We did have fun at Sparta, but the food will be another thing! Y'all better have enough for me ta' have summa yours 'cause I LIKES TA' EAT!!! :lol::wub::PB)

I'm just about getting tired of all this mumbo gumbo talk.

While I appreciate the flavor of a good gumbo, I propose next year there is a beans and taters cook off. I like mine pinto, simmered all day. Taters fried with lard and onions. And a big pone of cornbread to go with it.

If there is cornbread left after the beans and taters are gone, bust it up and put it in a glass of milk, eat with a spoon.

Now why in the world would we want ta' go somewhere special like this and eat what we get at home every day? Ya' don't go to Paris France and visit a fine restautant to order an Oscar Mayer weiner!! :wacko::lol:

A good roux (happy to see somebody is paying attention! ;) ) is like making love. It takes time and attention to detail. Which directly relates to the quantity of beer consumed while standing and stirring. Roux is the foundation to a good Gumbeaux. Without a good roux, a gumbo is doomed. :unsure:

However, we are goning to have a blast...let's see...23 Days and counting! :D KCDrover

A good roux (happy to see somebody is paying attention! ;) ) is like making love. It takes time and attention to detail. Which directly relates to the quantity of beer consumed while standing and stirring. Roux is the foundation to a good Gumbeaux. Without a good roux, a gumbo is doomed. :unsure:

However, we are goning to have a blast...let's see...23 Days and counting! :D KCDrover

There ya' go!! Matter of fact, a good roux is the startin' point of most Cajun cookin'!

Gonna' be good gumbo, some sho'nuff good jambalaya, good frenz ta' set aroun an' drank wiff, and one mo' feydeauxdeaux where a shootin' match done broke out, yeaboy!! :lol::lol::lol:

And Dusty, we sho' hope dat you kin be dere!! :lol:

KCD is right we're going to have a blast!!!

Drover, you must be one edjeekated cajun. You only got 20 fingers and toes but can manage to count to 23! I gotsta wait 3 days before I start the countdown!

Well, I'm gettin' nervous only 23 days left, I hope I got every detail covered, what did I forget, I know there is something I forgot.

My app is going in the mail today, I though I had already sent it but found the form laying under a stack of papers. On its way, maybe I will be #100

Shaddai,

You won't forget anything. And, if the impossible happens, we will all be there to help! ;)

Hey, Doc, don't tell Blackwater I don't have any relatives named Thibedaux or Mouton...........but, also, don't tell him I was born and raised in Lake Charles and Lafayette, and didn't live anywhere else (except for a 3 year vacation with Uncle Sam) out of Louisiana until I was 37. Why, if I am not mistaken, my first baby bottle had Gumbo in it! :rolleyes: I don't want him to get all shook up over making his Jambalaya. :wacko::lol:

And, Dusty, don't you worry. Shaddai, will be happy to put on another "Shoot and Hoot!" for your Cornbread and Beans. Did you ever taste my cornbread, with my Reds Beans and Rice I brought to couple of shoots? Why, Poo-Yie! dat was guud, Yea! I bet a little practicing, and......... :lol: !

As Blackwater said, "enough smack talk"!

KCDrover

We gone get fatter, I done tole ya'!! :P:wub::lol:

Darn! Doc, I forgot to give you the present on Saturday night. Well, I still have it. So, I will give to you the next time we see each other. It is......ta-ta-tah!....an Electric (battery powered) fly swatter! It is the size of a standard tennis racquet. When it does it job, it crackles like fireworks. And, it is sure fire way of keeping the flies off your Gumbo. :0). KCDrover

Drover, you rock my friend! I will be the life of the party! I think our next meet will be at James Gang! We gonna done did some serious gumbo! Been thinkin bout the whole ROUX thing, what if I be drinkin wine while makin it? How much wine is equal to a 5-7 beer ROUX?

Drover, you rock my friend! I will be the life of the party! I think our next meet will be at James Gang! We gonna done did some serious gumbo! Been thinkin bout the whole ROUX thing, what if I be drinkin wine while makin it? How much wine is equal to a 5-7 beer ROUX?

You need to get a chair like the one I posted on my Facebook page.

Archived