SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

Bandit, glad you drank your coffee today! We actually had thought about selling it for a buck or 2 a bowl. to the swamp side rest? Do you think they have a portajohn they use? Yeh, right! They are just like a kid at the municipal pool, gotta go you just go!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the trophys for the Gumbo wars........Doc told me the smaller one is gona be Drovers

Photo..........Photo

Lookin' good! Something tells me that there will be beverages of some kind or another drunk from those trophies.

Those are awesome Bandit! It is true about the smaller one goes to Drover! Ya know, with all this trash talk from the 2 of us, we probably won't even win! Hey, as long as the chapel fund wins big, that is all that matter! Well, and we have fun and good eats!

Bandit, you out did yourself! They are super! Hey now, I am sure the "fix" ain't in, is it? Just kidding, I know Shaddai to well. He is a straight shooter, if there ever as one. And, anywho, Doc's probably right, but, if we go down, we are gonna go down "picking' and a grinning" - picking on each other and grInning at anybody that takes us serious. KCDrover

if we go down, we are gonna go down "picking' and a grinning" - picking on each other and grInning at anybody that takes us serious.

You leave the pickin' and the like to the professionals!!! :lol::lol::lol:

'Sides, I done tole ya's that big trophy is MINE!! :angry::lol::P

'Sides, we done told you that your jumbalaya ain't gumbeaux! You can enter anything, but gotta be gumbo to win! So just make us some treats for desert, fire up the band and leave the gumbo to the professionals! Right Drover!!!???

Hey Doc!! Drover's on my side!! :rolleyes: That jambalaya is too tough for ya'??? :unsure: Oh yeah! You've had my jambalaya!! Is that the fear I hear?? :unsure::lol:

All jokes aside, Shaddai said it was a legal entry, but if all concede that it is the best I'll just put it out there and ya'll can have the trophies. However the money is MINE!! :lol:

'Kay....... I'm waitin'........ WHADAYASAY??? :lol:

Man, I just tryin to save you the pain and shame of being spanked by my gumbo. You have for years, and understandably so, bragged on your jambalaya. I mean it is so very good. But.....it so pales in comparison to my voodoo stew! Scared, nope, not in the least. Drover, does the likes of this long haired hippy type genuine artificial cajun cook scare you? :P

Only his pickin' and grinnin' on a muz-e-kile in-str-o-ment. I invented "lip synking", uh..., with the help of my music treachers. I sing so bad they wouldn't even let me sing nursery rhymes. Why, I am the only guy who actually made and witnessed first hand a Baptist Preacher at a loss for words. :rolleyes: But, that won't stop me from pickin' and grinnin' in my own way.

Look cowpokes, I done told you. My waist radius to height ratio gives ya'll the biggest clue as to who the best Gumbeaux Cook-batant is at this "dance". You make rue with a 1 to 1 ratio, right? - 1 part fat and 1 part flour. My waist radius and my height is much closer to a 1 to 1 ratio than either of yours or any other cowpokes I heard mention they might enter. So....So....you are at liberty to finish the So sentence for yourselves. :blink:

And, Doc, I gotta agree with you. Even the best jamalaya is just an OK side dish to a Great Big Ole Heapin' Bowl of Hot, Savory, Rib Sticking Gumbeax. :o:):P

Man O Man!, I just made myself so hungry; I gotta cook me up some gumbo, rat now!. See ya'll later! KCDrover B):D

Take a half bowl gumbo and a half bowl of Jambalaya you get Gumbalaya. Sounds good to me.

Not a half bad ideeeeer Shaddai! It would be like adding flavored rice to the gumbo instead of plain rice! Drover, your weight to height ratio proves you don't work hard enough, ie put enough effort into your gumbo. If you did, you would still be fat like me from the good food, but not excessively so! However, I agree, let the man play that music!

I am the hardest working cowpoke in two states. Just ask my wife! I just like to eat, cuz....I cook so good! It is my second favorite past time. :P Shaddai, I got one more bet between me, Doc, and Blackwater to offer up. Do you need another target or two? ;) Can we fabricate two "hooks" to hold the loosers pots? Is it coming to ya yet? :ph34r: Yep, that's right, the two loosers have to donate their pots for targets. :huh::lol::P:lol: What do you think? Cowpokes get to shoot at the loosers pots for a buck a shot. Of course, the buck goes to the Chapel Fund. Doc, Blackwater, ya'll in, or is that fear I hear shaking in ya'lls boots? :D KCDrover

It ain't fair ta' y'all. I use big foil roastin' pans, so I'm only out a few bucks that I throw away anyway!!

But I'll be happy to shoot y'all's pots up if that's what you want! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Squirtgun!! I like that!! :lol:

Hey B.W.,

Now who is letting their fear show? :unsure: You aren't admitting defeat already, or ya? ^_^ And, using an aluminum foil roasting pan to cook Cajun Food!? :rolleyes: Why, that is almost a sacrilege. :angry: Man Up and get a real pot to cook in. At least Cast Iron! That would make a great shot gun swinger. The Chapel is counting on you! :lol::blink: MAN UP!

Yours Respectfully, ;)

KCDrover

Hey B.W.,

Now who is letting their fear show? You aren't admitting defeat already, or ya? And, using an aluminum foil roasting pan to cook Cajun Food!? Why, that is almost a sacrilege. Man Up and get a real pot to cook in. At least Cast Iron! That would make a great shot gun swinger. The Chapel is counting on you! MAN UP!

Yours Respectfully, ;)

KCDrover

My Coonass manhood don't allow for doin' dishes!! :lol::lol: I'm cheap but I ain't easy!!! :rolleyes: A pot that holds thirty to fifty pounds of food is way too expensive for my budget, and too heavy to carry around!!! :wacko::wacko:

Seriously!! I cook most of the jambalaya in a little number four sheetmetal skillet so I can get everything just right, and since it only measures about eight inches across I ain't sure any of us could hit the danged thing at more than seven or eight yards!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, Man UP! No aluminum foil! If you can't haul the cast iron, me or Doc will help ya. But, If ya gotta, I guess that 8" skillet would do. I am sure you can haul that by yourself. Come to think of it, you might not won't to use that 8" skillet, cuz, after everybody tastes our Gumbo, using that 8" skillet might leave you with too many leftovers. :P But on the otherhand, an 8" skillet would make a great long distance target for the sharpshooters we have at Rockcastle...kind of big but we could move it back further. ^_^ And, cleaning dishes?, dirty dishes?, "we don't need no stinkin' dirty dishes"! I just set 'em out on the back porch and the hounds, coons, and such just clean up real purty! :blink: KCDrover

Sounds like a Great challenge to me, here's a twist for Doc and Drover you guys have to put up your favorite bottle of adult beverage that hasn't been opened.

BWD ain't scared of anything, except Schoolmarm

Sounds like a Great challenge to me, here's a twist for Doc and Drover you guys have to put up your favorite bottle of adult beverage that hasn't been opened.

BWD ain't scared of anything, except Schoolmarm

Now Shaddai..... You know ol' Doc ain't never let go of an unopened bottle. Come to think of it.... That's a sacrelidge!!! As far as it goes I ain't never had any leftovers of the jambalaya, but if'n they all get too drunk it could be a first!! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Oh!! And even Shaddai is scared of Schoolmarm!! And with good reason!! :lol::lol::lol: Anyone that can handle thirty screamin' 9 and 10 year olds is somethin' ta' be afeared of!! :rolleyes::lol:

Lastly.... five or six roastin' pans means a lot more shootin!!!! :rolleyes:

Plinkin' for pots, its has a nice ring to it, or Bottle Bustin', which ever we get to do.

BWD, you dang skipping, I ain't messin' with her. Is she coming to the Match.

:lol:Now ya'll been doin a whole lotta thinkin and talkin today while I was out slaving my fat carcass! Just not sure of this plan of yours Drover! There are gonna be a whole lot of unexperienced palate's tasting or fair. They probably are not really qualified to detect the subtle complexities of my gumbo! I use a very high end pot to make my brew and I would hate to loose it to the ignorant masses misguided opinions! In other words, ya ain't shootin my pot! Now, I will put up a 5th of Crown as a private wager with you! And IF you should be victorious, I will crack the seal, take a sip as a sign of friendship and pass the bottle to you! :lol: Did I use some words that are to big for ya?

Plinkin' for pots, its has a nice ring to it, or Bottle Bustin', which ever we get to do.

BWD, you dang skipping, I ain't messin' with her. Is she coming to the Match.

I'm tryin' to talk her into comin' for the whole weekend and maybe shootin' too! If everybody'll work on her gently, I think it could happen.

Doc! I can relate on the pot thing! My chili pot is sacred, just like the cheesecake baking pan my mom gave me. It's just like racin'! Don't touch the car and keep your hands off the tools!! :angry::angry:

I have never smelled so much fear in my life! Everybody is sure their gonna win, but when something really valuable is mentioned as a bet (such as ya'll's pots), y'all start crawfishing like y'all were born in a crawfish pond in South Louisiana. OK, Ok, I can respect that, sorta - kinda - well, not really. But, i can live with it.

But, I tell ya'll, a bottle Knob Creek will be acompying me to Rockcastle. Crown Royal - Knob Creek, that's two bottles. We are looking for three. Do I hear three? :0). KCDrover

Ok, had a hard time sleeping, kept dreaming of those Bottles Bustin' with Liquid in them. We can't waste a perfectly good drink. We have change the bet, Losers will have to Supply a bottle for everyone to enjoy with their meal.

Ok, had a hard time sleeping, kept dreaming of those Bottles Bustin' with Liquid in them. We can't waste a perfectly good drink. We have change the bet, Losers will have to Supply a bottle for everyone to enjoy with their meal.

That's a deal!! Y'all kin have mine regardless, win lose or draw!! And you still can shoot up the roastin' pans and the little skillet if I ain't the winner. :lol::lol::lol:

Heck!! You kin shoot up the roastin' pans anyway!!!! :rolleyes::unsure::lol:

Hey, I ain't got time for this hog wash tonight. I gotta finish gettin the bunkhouse loaded to head out to Smoke in the Woods tomorrow. Talk to you ladies later! I'm goin shootin, I'm goin shootin, Nanny Nanny Boo Boo! :P

Archived