SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY! HEY! Congrats on number 3 Drover! I just hope the little feller doesn't look like you!

As for practice, I just shoot a lot of monthly matches, that's all I need to shade a tub like you! Practice for the gumbo, you kiddin? My gumbo already has improved on perfection! I don't need no stinkin practice!

A smaller one than me! Wyatt in Tombstone called Johnny Tyler a tub and John Wayne in True Grit talked of shading Lafeef. Hey, guess what I did today, other than go work on the range in Piqua.......I sent my app in for this match! Check and all! And it won't even bounce! Guess it is official, I am coming!

Keep the rain down there, at least for now! We are backed up with work and need it to stay dry so we can get something done! The onions, celery and peppers are growing well! They will set my gumbo above all others for sure!

Tough to handle that it's nearly two months still to go. :angry: It does leave me a little time to collect up those extra special prime ingredients for my jambalaya!! :wub::o:D

You gumbo cookers best be bringin' yer AAA game for this'n!! :ph34r::lol::lol:

Doc! I might even bake up some of them special goodies I tole you 'bout!! :P:P

Jus' a l'il smack, (lip smackin' that is) talk fer ya's!!!

:lol:

BW, don't give away all your Goodies, the Judges might like them.

Big boy you read my mind!! :lol::lol::lol:

I get more hyped up everyday lookin forward to the shootzenfest.

Lookin forward to shootin with Campo Kid and Vaq Jake again. Its great to see these young guns shoot.

AND ifn that wasn't enough, just talked with a good friend and great GF a couple days ago who is comin (I don't like to mention names without permission). Felt like it was my birthday and I got a happy surprise. YEEHAW!

Pards, don't let the fear of GUMBO WARS keep you from this rendevue ( :lol::lol: ). This is gona be a great match. The place is top notch for all of us to hang out for 3-4 days and Shaddai is a gracious host.

..........Widder

AND ifn that wasn't enough, just talked with a good friend and great GF a couple days ago who is comin (I don't like to mention names without permission). Felt like it was my birthday and I got a happy surprise. YEEHAW!

..........Widder

Ah, bet I know who ya mean! He told me Sunday he was coming! Black, right?

Shaddai must be busy this mornin' so I'll do the BTT this a.m.

It's gettin' closer and the anticipation is buildin'!!! :lol::lol::lol:

BWD, busy is right. We've been covered up,(at work) and trying to get all the Awards and Door Prizes figured out, of course that's the way I like it. Really looking forward to the Match, can't wait to see all our Friends and the New ones we will meet.

You folks that ain't signed up yet had better get on the ball!! This is gonna' be about the most shootin' fun for the buck you'll have this year!! Shaddai and family are seeing to that!!

The Noble brothers and family are putting on a feed and are supporting S.A.S.S. all the way. Great stages, lots of fabulous food, a fantastic venue, excelent entertainment, the Gumbo War, and a great group of folks to see to it that you have a great time! :FlagAm:

You guys ain't gonna believe this. I went to shoot in Middletown today, and guess who showed up to do a little intel work on how to make a good gumbo? None other than Slob Kreek Doughbo...er, I mean Knob Creek Drover! He was pickin my brain but good on what it takes to make a great gumbo! Now from hearin him talk at the shoot today, I would say that boy can cook, but he ain't no chef like me! We sure had a great time shootin together today. Drover, your a good man, no matter what she says! Look forward to the next meeting my friend!

Time to stir things up again!

Just recently, I spotted Drover at the Half Price Book Store. What did he purchase you might ask?

A Paula Dean Gumbo Cookbook!

And WHO do you suppose Paula Dean calls when she has a culinary question..........

'DOC' EELLS !!!!!!!!!! That's WHO!

atleast thats the rumor down South.

..........Widder

Hey Dusty,

you don't think she learned 'everything' she knows all by herself, do ya?

SOMEBODY had to show her a few things to help her get started on her road to fame and fortune..... ^_^

But we can't count this Drover feller out just yet. Anybody who has made some declarations such as those posted on this thread must have some mighty potent Gumbo to back it all up.

I'd say the rest of us would be well advised to bring our Tums cause this looks like one of them 'Katie Bar The Door' competitions and we best be ready for it.

..........Widder

I'm technically on a diet.

But, I may have to take a couple days off for this big Gumbo throw down.

I may get foundered on Gumbo.

I just hope somebody makes some spam, or squirrel gumbo.

A weaker man might fall prey to name calling. However, when the advantage of the "waist radius to height ratio" is so obviously held by single cook-batant, a man has no worries. :rolleyes: Ms. Paula - Ms. Schmaula, I have eaten at her restaurant in Southern Indiana....Blah, Yuk, Blah. And, now, I know why. If Doc taught her everything she knows, I really have no worries. After this contest is over, please don't feel to bad when you are moved to Thank me for cooking for you. :blink:

And, now for the important stuff. If you can afford a can of "Campbell's" Soup, you can afford to enter this Gumbo Contest. The Chapel needs you and your money. Of course, we will take all donations no matter how small or LARGE, without entering.

Hey, Doc, this just between you and me. Don't tell anyone I said this, but, I had a great time shooting with you and the rest of the possee. It might have been the best possee I ever shot with. :)

Hey, Doc, this just between you and me. Don't tell anyone I said this, but, I had a great time shooting with you and the rest of the possee. It might have been the best possee I ever shot with. :)

I won't tell anyone Drover! It was a great time on a great posse! Sure was good to see you my friend.

Now, the Paula Dean thing. I gave her a few little tips to help get her started, then tried to give a few more at a later date. By then, her ego was to large and would not listen to any of my suggestions. That is why her restaurant is just not all that hot. I am not gonna say that Drovers gumbo won't be edible, but I can tell ya, mine will truly make your taste buds happy! I also promise not to use any gator pee infested swamp water in mine like someone else has in mind!

Well, if you think Great Bourbon is just rotten corn, then, go ahead and think my Gumbo is just Gator Pee. In fact, my Gumbo is so Cajun, Cajun's spell it Gumbeaux. Actually, the word Gumbo is African. It translates directly to Okra. But, I will proudly accept Gumbeaux. :0). KCDrover

I just had a thought.......Since this for the Chapel and y'all are trying to raise money why not charge like $1 to taste each Gumbo. What does ya think?

Archived