SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

I like the ring of Doc and Drover better than I do Drover and Doc. No sir, I am not at all intimidated with your SMACK chatterin bout fresh. My gumbo will have the freshest ingredients to be certain as well. I know without a doubt that the best man will win. Drover, I ain't sayin any names, but I will be sure to give my sincere condolences!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you two would settle on a NAME for yer contest cuz im startin to make the dang trophy's and I dont wanto have to change the writin on the packs.....Mebe Shaddai can step in and give us an official ruling..Bandit

Bandit, the Official name list is: "The James Gang Gumbo Wars" or "The Chapel Gumbo Wars" everybody charm in with their pick, votes will be tallied in 2 weeks.

Bandit, the Official name list is: "The James Gang Gumbo Wars" or "The Chapel Gumbo Wars" everybody charm in with their pick, votes will be tallied in 2 weeks.

I think that "The James Gang Gumbo Wars" has a nice ring to it.

I agree with UGLY,

The James Gang Gumbo Wars just might become a famous slogan that Legends are made of.

Will the Legend be Doc, Drover, Iron Lady, or ?

..........Widder

I agree with UGLY,

The James Gang Gumbo Wars just might become a famous slogan that Legends are made of.

Will the Legend be Doc, Drover, Iron Lady, or ?

..........Widder

YEP!! :lol:

"The James Gang Gumbo Wars......Featuring none other than Sam Eells" has my vote as well. Now I am not going to get back into the trash talk as a certain competitor has apparently decided to do...in spite of the truce. I will not mention any names, but his initials are KCD. All I will tell you is that the perfect harmony of flavors in my gumbo will be certain to cause any taste buds to celebrate! My gumbo has already won several prominent awards! This little cook off will be no exception I am sure....But these are just my musings, no trash talk here. :huh:

I just sent a message to my good friend Marie Boudreaux. She lives in the Atchfalayas Basin. It is in the heart of true Cajun Country, next to Breaux Bridge by Lafayette. I'm hoping to get four gallons of swamp water especially for the gumbo. If I can borrow some equipment from Copperhead Joe, we can distill it. And, Distilled Cajun swamp water is the best water for making Gumbo one could hope for. Man, this just isn't fair. KCD

I just sent a message to my good friend Marie Boudreaux. She lives in the Atchfalayas Basin. It is in the heart of true Cajun Country, next to Breaux Bridge by Lafayette. I'm hoping to get four gallons of swamp water especially for the gumbo. If I can borrow some equipment from Copperhead Joe, we can distill it. And, Distilled Cajun swamp water is the best water for making Gumbo one could hope for. Man, this just isn't fair. KCD

I don't think I will need any reminders to stay away from Drovers Swamp water gumbo! I have no problem eating gator, but I am not drinking gator P! :wacko:

You are so right Drover, the Chapel is the one that will be the big winner. We also know who will be following the chapel and dragging the swamp water special behind him. I wonder, should we let the chapel folks know we are doing this or should we just s'prise them?

Oh the clock just keeps ticking slower and slower while I sit and wait to go to this shoot! I am looking forward to sampling Drover's gumbo and sharing mine with him, I am also looking forward to seeing so many good friend....and Shaddai! Gonna be great when it gets here! :D

Shad; Can I just pay to enter and not enter a Gumbo.....It's gonna be tough to bring stuff on the cycle and cook and all.......

KK

Karl, how about you be my assistant? We can be Team Doc Koruption! :wacko:

That I would do....but, I haven't totally given up yet on makin some....just gotta figure out the logistics. ....and if I can't come up with a way I would gladly be your asssistant. issistent, helper.

KK

Watch out Doc. KK has been known to use special 'tonic' water in his Gumbo.

The judges will get so disoriented that they will award the prize to you based on KK's 'ingredients'.

..........Widder

I wuz wunderin just who iz gona be judgin this here Gumbo War ????

I kinda thought we would have a blind taste test. Have one person bring out samples of each gumbo to the judges and only the person bringin out the samples knows what pot they came out of. I have seen chili cookoffs done that way, works well.

Widder, I bet he and I use about the same "tonic!"

Doc.....I would be honored to be on yer team if ya need any more help besides KK.....

Shaddi...just Bandit is fine Mr sounds so formal........:D

Well, the Sassafras Tree is beginning to bud out. Dried Sassafrass leaves is what Fillet is made from. I pick the young tender leaves to dry. They are just right to add that extra kick to a Gumbo. Where I come from we use it after the gumbo is served for a little flavoring, but there are people who acutally cook with it, and it becomes "Fillet Gumbo". You know like Hank Williams "Fillet Gumbo". As a side note, the Sassafras Root makes great Root Beer.

Just a short 64 days, and we will be tallying the votes for the "sweetest" concocation on the planet. The Chapel will be getting a major boost, as well as some much needed help for some as yet to be deteremined cowpoke's specially chosen charity. I might imagine even a little "Tonic" might be consumed as well. :D KCD

We want to invite everyone to come join us for Memmorial Weekend, May 25-27, 2012. This is an all inclusive Match, 10 stages, Side Matches, Long Range, Wild Bunch Match, Friday Night Meet & Greet, 2 Lunches, Saturday Night Banquet, and a Live Band all included. Go to therockcastlerangers.com for the app. The Vaquero's

Hey pard I sent you an email this week did you receive it? C.W.

I put my fillet in the pot just prior to servin! You didn't think this Yank knew bout sassy frassy powdered up like that did ya? Bandit, alway good to have some pards hangin round the pot while it is simmerin. Ya know, sippin on a cocktail and all! OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIII! :D

I'm gettin thirsty.

Archived