SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

Hey, your my pard! We just help each other out in any way we can. That is what makes the world go round! Besides, I love gumbo and just gotta taste some of the different brews that will be there!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you miss this Match you're going to miss one heck of a shooting event and enven a Better Party. Drover is putting on a Great Gumbo Wars.

Not only do I make a mean Gumbo; I make a great Crawfish Ettouffee (a-2-Fay); and, and my cousin (couzanne) is the Lady Silver Senior State Champion of Louisiana. And, I am mighty proud of Sunshine Sally! It doesn't have anything to do with our Gumbo War, I just wanted to brag on couzanne. :0).

Not only do I make a mean Gumbo; I make a great Crawfish Ettouffee (a-2-Fay); and, and my cousin (couzanne) is the Lady Silver Senior State Champion of Louisiana. And, I am mighty proud of Sunshine Sally! It doesn't have anything to do with our Gumbo War, I just wanted to brag on couzanne. :0).

:D

Well, I sure hope that Me and Whiskey can make it! It is a great match! you got me really interested in the "Dueling gumbo wars". Who knows, maybe I'll bring some myself! ^_^:rolleyes:

Well, I sure hope that Me and Whiskey can make it! It is a great match! you got me really interested in the "Dueling gumbo wars". Who knows, maybe I'll bring some myself! ^_^:rolleyes:

I sure hope you guys can make it! I ain't seen ya since Possum :angry: last fall! As for bringin a pot of the righteous gumbo....if you ain't scared, bring it on, right Drover!

Well, I was raised in Pascagoula, Ms.right on the coast. I think that I can make some gumbo. "And I ain't scared a nuthin!" :lol::wub:

Dusty, Dusty. What am I going to do with you; I buy you books, send you to school, and what do you do? Shoot the teacher! As a matter of fact J Gumbo called a couple of years ago and offered several annual salaries for my receipe. I quickly declined. And, before you say anthing more, put your $20 in the "pot" and bring your Golden Gumbo in May. We could use you, the shoot needs you, and, the Chapel needs more nails.

Hey Ms Iron,

No wonder you are such a great poker player, being from Mississippi. And, I know you know how to make Gumbo being for the "coast". The more the merrier. If you enter and bring some frineds, we might be able buy a couple of kegs of nails. I know one thing about you Southern Mississippians; you gotta be from Pascagoola, just to spell Pascaguula properly. :blink:

Now, Dusty don't be casting any more asper...aspurgion....asp, uh?..don't be making any comments, you can't prove! :P

Hey Shaddai, if Dusty doesn't start moving South by Friday, you and me can drive and get him. You on for that?

Knob Creek Drover

Oh and Doc, can I borrow them chickens! I know you don't have em but I bet you can get em! ^_^

I.M. I keep telling ya'll, I'm innocent of all these accusations. What is more, I would have no idea on how to get the chickens. I know from facebook where they are, does that help? They are at Cowtown for Fire and Ice!!!!!!

Oh and Doc, can I borrow them chickens! I know you don't have em but I bet you can get em! ^_^

I.M. I keep telling ya'll, I'm innocent of all these accusations. What is more, I would have no idea on how to get the chickens. I know from facebook where they are, does that help? They are at Cowtown for Fire and Ice!!!!!!

Dusty, Dusty. What am I going to do with you; I buy you books, send you to school, and what do you do? Shoot the teacher! As a matter of fact J Gumbo called a couple of years ago and offered several annual salaries for my receipe. I quickly declined. And, before you say anthing more, put your $20 in the "pot" and bring your Golden Gumbo in May. We could use you, the shoot needs you, and, the Chapel needs more nails.

Now, Dusty don't be casting any more asper...aspurgion....asp, uh?..don't be making any comments, you can't prove!

Hey Shaddai, if Dusty doesn't start moving South by Friday, you and me can drive and get him. You on for that?

Knob Creek Drover

What are you talking about books and school? I've been schooling you since I started this game.

And don't threaten me with gumbo. I may not be a cajun, but I have cajun connections.

So don't force me to get a real gumbo receipe, (not from 'Joe's OK Bayou' like you), and whip you at that too.

Bring it on, Garcon! Grab yourself a 20 dollar bill, and put your gumbo pot where you keyboard is! Just don't hold back. I don't want any limpy excuses after you go down in a splash of broth! You might want to talk to Doc and get a chicken from him. A steel chicken would probably make your gumbo better. :0)

Hey Doc,

You gonna jump in here and help me fight this young wipper snapper off? I don't know what a "wipper snapper" is, but, if there is such a thing Dusty is it.

Hey Shaddai,

Iron Maiden and Whiskey just have to make to the shoot. Can you imagine a Mississippi Gumbo Versus a Louisiana Gumbo Battle going on within the Gumbo Wars of Rockcastle? Why the various sub-plots would make an afternoon soap opera green with jealousy. It makes my mouth water thinking about all the gumbo we would get to taste all in one afternoon.

KCD

Hey, those chickens are getting nearly world famous! On Facebook, T Bone is now saying that it is Stone Creek Drifter and Spit Rail! Check out Rooster Pullet on Facebook, that is the chickens Facebook page!

Now, Whipper Snapper, As one of the finest Gumbo chefs around, I can hereby tell you to cease and STOP all tormentation of one said KCD. Whereinforas he haileth from the state of wheezy Anna, I assure you with honor beyond reproach that he must be one fine assembler of the gastronomic delight most often referred to as Gumbo.

I.M. I sure hope you show up at this match with that other half of yours! Not just so as I can sample your gumbo, but so I can see you and have a cocktail with Whiskey!

Shad.....putting the app in the mail tomorrow. Lookin forward to it.

KK

Hey Doc, not to ruin your day and bring the quality of the Ohio State Shoot down; I plan on heading to Ohio in June (If the creek don't rise and the Lord' willing!). Best Steak in SASS, Great Range, Great People, Great Scenarios, and, oh, yea Best Steak in SASS! Sounds like Rockcastle doesn't it - except for the steak - cuz we got the best GUMB0 in SASS! :lol: KCD

Hey, yah, Shaddai....You said to bring people with me. I think we are at 5 of us coming from Ohio. How many are you bringin to Ohio in June? :unsure:

I know Illinois will be well represented by at least 7 or 8 B)

Hey Mr. Bandit,

I don't know if you read the rules in the NEW SASS Handbook concerning Annual Shoots or not, but, on page 6,969, Paragraph 69, sub-paragraph 1, line 3,969 there is a rule which states: For every 7 shooters that come from a particular state, one of those cowpokes has to enter The Gumbo Wars! :rolleyes: No, No, don't roll your eyes. I am serious. :unsure: It only takes a $20.00 Bill and about a gallon of the best gumbo ya'll can make. We are supplying the rice. $10.00 goes the Chapel Fund and $10.00 goes to Knob Creek Drov....uhh? :blink: ....goes to the kitty for the Gumbo War Winner! If we have half the fun we had at Indiana State, we will have a very Large Time! YEE-HAW! KCD

Shad.....putting the app in the mail tomorrow. Lookin forward to it.

KK

Well, NOW we know who the Gumbo King will be............KK!

I had heard a small rumor that he was gona hire the Geisha twins to make some Oriental Gumbo that will sizzle the pallets off your tongue. I heard about a feller once that was tied up with his hands behind his back. And some Oriental Gumbo was placed on top of his head. Poor feller bought slapped his brains out with his tongue trying to get that Gumbo.

Thats what some of you fellers will be up against ifn KK and the Geisha twins (Kadesha and Ashia) gets involved in the Gumbo Wars of 2012.

..........Widder

If KK brings the twins, that will be a bonus! He just might be stayin in Doc's Tavern and Bunkhouse, that would mean, the twins are too! Drover, it will be our honor havin you at Ohio! You boys from Illinois, always great having you fellers as well! I assure you we will be doin our best to put on a good time! However, before that, we gotta ROCK Rockcastle! Whoop, whoop! We gonna rake er lip to hip! In otherwords, Ride bully ride!

Archived