SASS Wire Forum

Chaparrel 1873 Winchester 357/38 - PGW tuned

Gert B Frobe

This gun is branded as Charles Daly but came out of the Chaparrel plant and is also branded Chaparrel. Daly is spelled wrong (Daily) but obviously that doesn't affect performance of the gun.

I have upgraded it with a Pioneer Gun Works Super Short Stroke kit, lightened springs, PGW Aluminum carrier, PGW mag tube spring (I think the follower as well) and internal polishing/tuning. This thing flat-out runs.

It's been 100% reliable with light 38's which is all it's ever been fed but it should run light 357's with no problem. Round count is probably around 1000. There are a few marks from use but overall it's in 95%+ condition.

Upgrades alone in this gun are over $300 plus many hours of hand fitting and tuning.

Includes the original box and I'm pretty sure I have the original parts.

Asking: $700

*** See lots-o-pictures HERE ***

Email for fastest response: Email me

FTF in NE Ohio (Akron/Youngstown/Twinsburg), must have Ohio drivers license.

Shipping is $30 for USPS Priority, your dealer must accept from a non-FFL or it will cost more because the local shops around here charge an arm and a leg to ship.

This gun is branded as Charles Daly but came out of the Chaparrel plant and is also branded Chaparrel. Daly is spelled wrong (Daily) but obviously that doesn't affect performance of the gun.

I have upgraded it with a Pioneer Gun Works Super Short Stroke kit, lightened springs, PGW Aluminum carrier, PGW mag tube spring (I think the follower as well) and internal polishing/tuning. This thing flat-out runs.

It's been 100% reliable with light 38's which is all it's ever been fed but it should run light 357's with no problem. Round count is probably around 1000. There are a few marks from use but overall it's in 95%+ condition.

Upgrades alone in this gun are over $300 plus many hours of hand fitting and tuning.

Includes the original box and I'm pretty sure I have the original parts.

Asking: $700

*** See lots-o-pictures HERE ***

Email for fastest response: Email me

FTF in NE Ohio (Akron/Youngstown/Twinsburg), must have Ohio drivers license.

Shipping is $30 for USPS Priority, your dealer must accept from a non-FFL or it will cost more because the local shops around here charge an arm and a leg to ship.

I'll take it. Email sent.

Archived