SASS Wire Forum

Good job mom!

The 46-year-old mother has not been arrested, but she is being interviewed, police say.

Any bets that they keep 'interviewing' her until they manage to dig up some minor discrepancy in her story and try to make her the bad guy?

Any bets that they keep 'interviewing' her until they manage to dig up some minor discrepancy in her story and try to make her the bad guy?

I bet the cops get this right and leave her alone - she may need counseling though to get through the trauma of shooting someone.

Still - she did what moms do best - protect their youngin's

GG ~:FlagAm:

What I find amusing here is that Gunner, in West Michigan, finds a Philadelphia story from a Fresno TV station~!! :lol:

What I find amusing here is that Gunner, in West Michigan, finds a Philadelphia story from a Fresno TV station~!! :lol:

Internet - information 'highway'...

actually the story was originally found here in my email this morning:

http://godfatherpolitics.com/2936/guns-save-people-again/

...so it found me :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I bet the cops get this right and leave her alone - she may need counseling though to get through the trauma of shooting someone.

The cops, yeah. But if the DA, or some other anti-gun grand high poo-bah pushes enough, what choice do they have? That isn't exactly a pro-Second Amendment city.

The cops, yeah. But if the DA, or some other anti-gun grand high poo-bah pushes enough, what choice do they have? That isn't exactly a pro-Second Amendment city.

Cops, DA,...whatever. Hope she gets left alone and the case is closed.

LOL dont mess with Mommas boy :wub:

This is the same Philadelphia PD that back in the early 1980's burned down an entire block of houses in a poor neighborhood in order to arrest two guys holed up in a house in the middle of the block. I'll take your bet!

Meanwhile, way to go Mom!

eGG

This is the same Philadelphia PD that back in the early 1980's burned down an entire block of houses in a poor neighborhood in order to arrest two guys holed up in a house in the middle of the block. I'll take your bet!

eGG

OK, bets on....I try to be on the 'half full' attitude when talkin' about our LEO's out there. Too bad some folks sing the 'half emtpy' tune with them, not affording them the benefit of doubt.

eGG

They've made a few improvements in the department in the last 30 years. <_<

The gun was legal. The only thing she should have to worry about is the use of deadly force statutes applicable and I don't know what they are in PA.

Oh and getting sued by the perp's relatives :angry:

You are both probably right, GG & UB!

And to set the record straight, in my younger days I had quite a number of close encounters of the unwelcome kind with law enforcement, most of them well deserved (should be a law against "stupid driving," too). My driving record, between the ages of 17 and 23, could only have been envied by an idiot. Strangely, neither alcohol nor drugs were ever involved. In all but three cases the officers were polite and well mannered, and I was ashamed of myself.

In the other three, arrogance, rudeness and illegal threats were the rule, in the face of my courteous, "yes, officer; no, officer." (Very good parental advice) Unfounded citations were given requiring me to be in court on a specific day, and when I showed up with a lawyer, the complaining witness (the officer) was not present...charges dismissed. Out of pocket for a day off work and for the mouthpiece. Thus the origins of my ambiguous attitude toward law enforcement.

Back to the original topic, at least in Colorado the "Make My Day" law protects a householder against lawsuit for the use of deadly force against an uninvited intruder in the home, as well as protects against prosecution.

Buenas tardes,

eGG

Archived