SASS Wire Forum

A good sign perhaps

Scout Sonnor

I was out wandering around in Mammoth Cave National Park today, looking for something that might make a decent picture, and this fellow landed in a tree almost over my head and posed for me for a few seconds. Is this a good sign to start the new year or what? :)

Is that a fish in your pocket?

I was out wandering around in Mammoth Cave National Park today, looking for something that might make a decent picture, and this fellow landed in a tree almost over my head and posed for me for a few seconds. Is this a good sign to start the new year or what? :)

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Better than a buzzard... :o

Had one over the house today.They sure can swore a long way.

Where I work is on the banks of the Mississippi River. It's not very wide at that point and freezes over.

But when it thaws and a little stream opens up, Bald Eagles swarm all over the place. Nothing un common to see bout 8 to 12 a day, that time of year.

And when they mate, they look like dots in the blue sky. They will seperate just before they hit the ground.

The is a lake near by that has a nest and they always come back year after year, raise two chicks.

I have kinfolk that are buried in cave City.... I love that area..

I went to the Arkansas Leadslinger's New Years Eve shoot Saturday and got to pull of of the highway and watch a pair of eagles eating a coyote (road kill) just off of the pavement of Missouri Highway 37 on the South edge of Seligman, Missouri.

Cool birds

I keep this website on my computer year around. We watched this pair of eagles from first egg laid until the third chick reluctantly left the nest in 2011. Nest is about 6 feet all and 6 feet across. Estimated weight of 1500 lbs.

You owe me a cup of coffee and a new keyboard. I about fell out....

But the picture is gorgeous, and I'd take it as a good sign.

How about a cup of coffee with a little Irish Redbreast in it? That'll take out the chill.

Everytime I see a Bald Eagle, I am glad that Benjamin Franklin didn't get his way.

He wanted the wild turkey as our national bird. :angry::blink:

Even so , I do admire Mr Benjamin Franklin.

Yet I think a raptor makes a great national bird. :FlagAm:

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

beautiful.... thanks..

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Had one over the house today.They sure can swore a long way.

Eagle or not... them birds shouldn't be sworin'... cussin' just ain't right.

(great pic!)

ts

Archived