SASS Wire Forum

New Years resolution I'm going to try but may not like the results

Iron Pony

Going to go over to the local club and take part in the annual "hangover shoot" today and I thought it might be interesting to keep track of every round I fire this year. Yep, 22 to 12 gauge, cowboy, plinking, rec pistol, trap, 5 stand, long range everything.

Figure a note book in the truck is a good start then maybe a database in access to track factory versus handloads, cost, date, sport etc. The downside maybe realizing how much I spend but it ought to get give me an idea of how much I actually shoot.

There are things that I just won't scrimp on. Some things you just buy and don't worry about the cost.

Tires for the vehicles is high on the list.

Ammo is lower, but still up there. I figure that shooting is one of my few vices. Though I clearly don't shoot as much as you do.

Have fun with your project, sounds like it's something that you'll find interesting. Me, I'll just load and shoot, load and shoot. Bout the only way I half way track it is by how many empty bullet boxes I have piled up, though it's getting to the point I'm gonna start throwing them out. I'll keep a couple for bulk practice ammo that I don't have enough plastic boxes for, but other than that, out they go.

Grizz

A pointless exercise in futility!

Ignorance is bliss, sez I! :lol:

Well hell, looks like its going to have to be a spread sheet instead of a database as the upgrade version of office I bought apparently didnt include access, or publisher for that matter. May have to dig out my old office pro 2003 discs and see if its compatible with 7.

On the plus side I got to shoot 2 rounds of trap, scored a 19 on the regular and a 13 in handicap. Also got to watch someone shooting a "release" trigger have an AD, down range thank God, drop and then break the buttstock on what looked like a real expensive gun. Had he not broken the gun and continued I'd have said thanks, but no thanks and taken a pass on the rest of the round.

Supposedly MySQL is (or was) available for free. I helped some guys get the DATAMP oldtools patents database organized.

I can give a bitof help if you do go that route.

If you want their opinion of my help, it's in here somewhere: http://www.datamp.org/about/team.php :rolleyes:

Archived