SASS Wire Forum

my third shoot

evil dogooder

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Well... hell... Pard... you are hooked, lined and sinkered....

All this shootin' sh*t... ought to prevent any unnecessary... evil dog ooderin'... from goin's on...

hehehehe... I know ya can take it... and also dish it out.

Glad to have you as a member... and a fine one, at that.

ts

Evil, your life as you knew it is now over.

Clear out the trappings of other hobbies to make way for reloading equipment and cowboy gear. Dreams of sugarplums? Forget about it, Rugers and Colts and Ubertis are now the subjects of dreams, and fast clean stages.

Vacation destinations? Forget the beach, unless there is a match nearby. Reminds me, I need to call and make motel reservations for next November, the closest motel to that match fills up fast.

Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Grizz

Grizz

I have been dropping other hobbies already to save up for better equipment.

As for vacation well my lovely bride decided that a trip to white horse ranch would be a great idea for our fifth anniversary. Although we are going to postpone it until we can afford to take the trip. Also since we have relatives in texas my wife, son, parents, and I are going to try to make CAC next year as a combined family vacation/shooting trip

Well... hell... Pard... you are hooked, lined and sinkered....

All this shootin' sh*t... ought to prevent any unnecessary... evil dog ooderin'... from goin's on...

hehehehe... I know ya can take it... and also dish it out.

Glad to have you as a member... and a fine one, at that.

ts

Tennessee dud. ..... ooops stud

Well someone has to do all that dog ooderin may as well be me ;)

Thank you for the kind words. It kinda makes the eye water at this great group of people. Growin up we moved around a lot so I guess I kinda developed a tough skin about others. These last few months have really been an eye opener and has helped vastly!!

Thanks to all that have been so kind to my little family and me

All the shooting stuff is just a perk. The people are who make it great.

Sorry if I say things wrong at times or that I'm not very eloquent but I hope everybody gets the meaning behind my fuddled up words

Respectfully

Evil Dogooder

ED

Before you send it off , take the butt stock off and give it a good cleaning , with an spray cleaner , then give it a couple of blasts of air , oil with Rem-oil and see if it gets better .

I also forgot to add on the ammo , get a crinp die , this is a MUST have tool , makes a lot of differance .

I use Lee factory crimp dies , on all cals , if they are to be had .

CB

Well as I started looking into the 92 I found all kinds of metal shavings in the action so I think I'm better off sending it to soneone who knows a little more about fixing these.

Marty I showed my mother your message and all she said was "well it looks like I have to find me a name" so it looks like my wish of having a family passtime might happen. My father already likes shooting cowboy.

Looks like I neeed to learn this reloading thing because I'm going to need a buch of ammo

B)B)B)B)B)B)

Well as I started looking into the 92 I found all kinds of metal shavings in the action so I think I'm better off sending it to soneone who knows a little more about fixing these.

Marty I showed my mother your message and all she said was "well it looks like I have to find me a name" so it looks like my wish of having a family passtime might happen. My father already likes shooting cowboy.

Looks like I neeed to learn this reloading thing because I'm going to need a buch of ammo

Ya can probably do it yourself. There are instructions available on tear down, put back together, and smoothing up them things. I got me some instructions and did real good on my first '73 that was in pretty bad shape.

Winchester '73 fix it up.

Not only does it work slick, . . but then you've also become a "Winchester Mechanic" and have the satisfaction of having done it yourself. :)

Went to marauders web site and found instructions how to disassemble the 92. Work fine it only five minutes to have it appart. There are lots of machine marks that I'm going to smooth and maybe ill order some new springs for it.

Evil - CaC is an awesome match, great venue, great stages, great vendors, great people. I've been the last two years driving 15 hours from Colorado to go, though it was a stretch financially. Gonna sign up again for the next one and hope I can make it work.

Even if you're not going to shoot it, plan to stop by and check it out for an afternoon if you're in the area.

I hope to shoot it eventually. First I want to shoot a few more monthly s though

Hi Evil,

SASS is unlike other sports where only the "best of the best" shoot State, Regional, or World Championships.

Heck, someone has to come in last. You might just be surprised that it isn't you.

My third match was an Annual match and I was last, 101 out of 101. :blush: It didn't hurt a bit. I've never been last at our State Match nor the one time I shot EOT. It wouldn't matter if I were last. It's all about how much fun you have, how many folks you meet, and how many hugs you get :blush:;)

If you can finagle it, go to the "biggest match" you can. You will not regret it, unless you must do well and it "rains on your parade" if you don't.

I highly recommend Comin At Cha. Although I've never been there, I know how those folks treat people. :wub:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Evil,

SASS is unlike other sports where only the "best of the best" shoot State, Regional, or World Championships.

Heck, someone has to come in last. You might just be surprised that it isn't you.

My third match was an Annual match and I was last, 101 out of 101. :blush: It didn't hurt a bit. I've never been last at our State Match nor the one time I shot EOT. It wouldn't matter if I were last. It's all about how much fun you have, how many folks you meet, and how many hugs you get :blush:;)

If you can finagle it, go to the "biggest match" you can. You will not regret it, unless you must do well and it "rains on your parade" if you don't.

I highly recommend Comin At Cha. Although I've never been there, I know how those folks treat people. :wub:

Regards,

Allie Mo

I don't mind being beat. Id just like a little more practice spotting and learning the rules a little better. I don't mind if I have a bad day but id hate to be the reason someone elses day is bad

I don't mind being beat. Id just like a little more practice spotting and learning the rules a little better. I don't mind if I have a bad day but id hate to be the reason someone elses day is bad

Hi Evil,

I understand your hesitance. It just isn't needed. Just "snag" brass or man one of the tables. Perfect knowledge of the rules is hard to come by. Even "seasoned veterans" make mistakes. Just listen and learn. If you like, take the RO I booklet with you. Then, if something doesn't seem right, you can look it up in private. There are usually plenty of folks on a posse to cover spotting and timing, especially at large matches where posses are also large.

Just "do it!"

Regards,

Allie Mo

Well if I can afford it ill try to make it there then.

Finally heard back form nkj its a 10 month wait to get my carbine in. So its back to the basement to slick up some more piece s ..

Quick question for those of you who may know. How shiny do I want to get these pieces. I'm using wet/dry sand paper for the rough cut then smoothing it out with a clay honing stone right now its not quite to mirror quality reflection but its pretty smooth.

Also what pieces should I all smooth up?

I reckon you don't want it perfect mirror polish, you want it to hold some oil, that's why some fellers jewel the guts of their guns.

That's what I thought well then good to know. Time to move to the next piece. One thing for sure this bugger has rough cuts and tool marks all over it so there is no shortage of work. I like it though. It teaches me about the action plus I kinda like working on guns

That's what I thought well then good to know. Time to move to the next piece. One thing for sure this bugger has rough cuts and tool marks all over it so there is no shortage of work. I like it though. It teaches me about the action plus I kinda like working on guns

Yep, . . .... it is gud to know how to fix yur own. And there is great satisfaction in shooting in when it is smoothe and nice and yur DID IT YURSELF... :)

Archived