SASS Wire Forum

New Years Eve plans?

Grizzly Dave

My boy is going to some concert :blink::wacko::unsure::rolleyes:

Miz Grizz, Daughter Grizz and me is gonna get some take out messican foods, eat it at home and play some Scrabble.

Doubt I'll be awake to see the new year come in my time zone, no matter.

New years day will see us driving down to my mother in laws to do the Christmas thing with her and that half of the family.

What you all have going? Any fun traditions?

It's just another day here. :mellow:

Or to put it in another light......Da saloons round here charge way too much fer der watered down whiskey.

Ifin' I wanted to drink water, which I don't, I wood order water. Sides, y'all know what fish do in water ? Would caught me drinkin it ! !

Local likker store just closed so git anymore Bulliet is out of the question. Just don't think dat case will hold me.

Da drunker I git, da uglier da girls git.....but not dem cowgirls ! :wub:

And dem damn hangovers hurt more den dey used to !

Git da picture ? ? :unsure:

Many years of working midnight shift on New Years Eve pretty much prevented me from any plan making. I'll try not to fall in front of the TV.

At least it's easier in the Mountain Time Zone. The ball falls in NY (The apparent center of the universe :rolleyes: ) 2 hours early. :lol:

Going out for supper in a half hour with two other couples then back home and early (at least for me) to bed- gotta get up before oh-dark-thirty and pack the truck and head off for the NAR monthly shoot with my son-in-law who will be shooting his first ever SASS shoot!

Sure hope I finish ahead of him but I kinda doubt it! :D:o:ph34r:;)

At home - we just grilled up these bad boys!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/pagnew/USDAPrimeporterhouse2011NYEdinner.jpg

Just wonderful buttery flavor (fat does that :lol: ) - coupled with a fantastic baked potato with all the fixin's - and a nice wine......

stayin' in ...reflectin'....bein' grateful

Happy New Year 2012 y'all

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Shafty and I always just hang out at home on New Years eve....watch a movie, maybe a swig of wine...

Tomorrows tradition has the whole family (in-laws, out-laws, the whole bunch) comin' to our place for a dinner of smoked pork, ham, & sauerkraut.... and some target shootin' too! Whoo Hoo!

Happy New Years Folks!!!

Ya really need some mushrooms sauteed in butter to go with that beef steak.

Sassy Sunrise made her garlic-buttered with white wine sauteed muck-mucks on Christmas Day...a wee bit early :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

to be truthful, my clan is in NM, AZ, TX, FL, and NC. So dem folks will not be here.

And my in/outlaws are a very disfunctional, to say the least.

So, no parties here !! :angry: :angry:

Workin at my part time job at the gun shop/range. Gotta be there at 9:00 am, no partying fer me tonight. Hope I can make it to 12:00, but then again who cares? It's just a calendar change.

Happy New Year to you saloonatics! Rye

Wife's family coming for Christmas / New Years dinner.

Lots of great food smells in the house right now.

Sorry Foothills.

Holidays always turn our thoughts to those who are no longer with us, especially if they passed during the holidays. My dad passed Thanksgiving time 1989 or was it 87, been a long time ago now.

Dinner and scrabble is done, onion, spinach dips are made for tomorrow, and all the prep work is done for the chili cheese dip.

A few more gifts to wrap, hoping daughter Grizz remembers she said she'd do that.

I think I'll see if I can find a free movie to download to my kindle to watch while Miz Grizz drives tomorrow...

I thought ALL in/outlaws were disfunctional.....

Are you saying that's not normal?

My in/outlaws wrote the book on "disfuctional" .

Like no parties, what so ever, unless ya trick to it.

And then they just complain about it ! :angry: :angry:

Homemade clam chowder. Cheese and crackers. Barq's root beer. Put in an old John Wayne movie, then hit the sack by 10:00. I guess I'm what you'd call the original party animal. Happy New Year, pards!

Going to bed early and stayin' clear of the windows.... The savages up here do a lot of sky busting tonight....

Howdy......

Ain't doin nothin but feelin sad.

My mother passed away on this day in 1998.

Foothills that's how I feel on Christmas, my mom's birthday was Christmas eve. It's always a sad time for me reflecting back on the birthday and Christmas eves we had with mom. Chritmas isn't the same. Rye :mellow:

Archived