SASS Wire Forum

Help! How can I justify,

Okay, I admit I'm an addict. Just having received another jolt as a present from BlueJeans, which I thought would last for and through 2012, (glad I didn't promise). But another M1 carbine variation has come up. Late WW2, but never issued till the Korean War. I admit, I have a "carbine weakness". I have 16 different models and manufacturers. How do I justify this to BlueJeans, any ideas? I've already thought through several answers, it's selling below market, yes, its in excellent condition, yes, there is still room in the safes. YES, I need it. Now what? Any help, appreciatted. MT

Your buying it for a pard but since he doesn't know much about them your going to test and inspect it for a few decades first... just because your a good pard

Try that one ;)

Okay, I admit I'm an addict. Just having received another jolt as a present from BlueJeans, which I thought would last for and through 2012, (glad I didn't promise). But another M1 carbine variation has come up. Late WW2, but never issued till the Korean War. I admit, I have a "carbine weakness". I have 16 different models and manufacturers. How do I justify this to BlueJeans, any ideas? I've already thought through several answers, it's selling below market, yes, its in excellent condition, yes, there is still room in the safes. YES, I need it. Now what? Any help, appreciatted. MT

=================================================

Carbines are cool, great pieces of history, and a lota fun to shoot. I've got 4 and woulda had more, but then the cowboy shooting bug bit me and started using up my gun money.

This is are way of of stimulating the Economy .

And look you will be taking ANTHER GUN OFF THE STREETS :excl:

So you MUST DO IT :rolleyes:

Don't need justification for an old gun that sat in the truck for years. Didn't say who's truck, as you may have noticed. Aw hell, just use the "couldn't help myself" reason..........it's as good as any. ;)

CS

BUY it.

Place it in the safe mixed in with all the others like it. It will not be noticed.

BUT when the your lady stand looking a new dress you pop up and say, "I think you would make that dress look good. I think you should have it." and don't flinch when the price comes up. Just put the money on the table and think about your new rifle in the safe.

Oh the "Dress" can be anything she might want. Could be another gun for her.

My wife always asks me how many guns I need... My answer is simple... "Just one more".........

I'm also an M1 Carbine fanatic (as well as of anything else used in WWII). May I ask what does this variation consists of?

M.T.,

All I can think of is just throwin' yurself at her feet and ask fer mercy.....................

As in......................................

"Mercy Bluesjeans, I just had to have it ! It was on sell and everthin' ! :lol: :lol: ;)

... How do I justify this to BlueJeans, any ideas?...

Justify?

JUSTIFY!?

Ain't you the MAN of the family?

You don't need "justify" nothing to the wife and do like the rest of us MEN do!

When the wife asks, "What is this credit card charge from Mel's M1 gun shop for?". You look her stright in the eye and say, "I have no idea", and then retreat to the garage! :)

Justify?? You mean balance! What is on her list! That's what you need to ask yourself. Keep momma happy and you're happy.

Don't know if that justifies as two cents worth.

Barry Sloe

I'm also an M1 Carbine fanatic (as well as of anything else used in WWII). May I ask what does this variation consists of?

Inland 8,xxx,xxx serial number, birch stock. U stamped (arsenal rebuilt even before it saw service), overstamped M2. Stock also stamped T3. MT

Can I justify another one?

That looks just like the other one?

My wife says, "Do you really need another one like that?"

"Well of course this here's a different type"

(I justify it all with hype)

Alas, my well thought arguments just end up falling flat.

I point out subtle differences

And toss in value inferences

But daggers from a jaundiced eye is all I seem to get

So I've changed my tack in recent years

When my pleas just fell on her deaf ears

I buy...and pray that someday down the road she'll just forget

:lol::unsure::rolleyes:

I don't smoke!

I don't drink!

I don't beat you up!

And I'm not fooling around with your sister!

Let me have something here.... I'll never get on the Jerry Springer Show like this.....

Hi MT,

Why justufy it. If you can afford it, just buy it. I had no clue how many guns hubby owned until I started doing CAS. I still don't know for sure.

No problems here on the "gun front." However, I've tried countering with "do I ever say anything when you buy guns" when I came home with new shoes. It wasn't a good argument according to him as my shoes do not appreciate in value. Now, I just sneak them in the house.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I know this sounds strange, but have you tried the truth?

You found another variation of M1 Carbine that fills a hole in the collection. When the collection is complete, it will be worth even more money as a set then individually.

On a lighter note, I think you might be the reason I can't find an M1 carbine around here to save my life. I had someone offer me a 3rd generation Universal M1 that I quickly walked away from. Every other one I've found must be Gold plated for what they want fo them. :angry:

Dutchman

How bout..................

"Mama,...lookie what followed me home ! Can I keep it ? "

It's easy Marshals... its a gun she will love it just like I do... whats one more? They don't eat much, drink much, or require babysitters... They are a great investment, great protection, feel wonderful in your hands, and they go click bang... what else could you want? lol

Archived