SASS Wire Forum

PIZZA NIGHT!

Grizzly Dave

What with Christmas and all, seems like I haven't had a slice of pizza in many moons.

So start figuring out the menu!

Calamity Kris, and you get some of those German cookies?

Any other desserts? My sweet tooth is a itchin.

Lets get it fired up folks! Here in a bit I gotta go get new shoes put on my Honda econobox commuter car, then back to the office for a spell and then I'll be heading to pick up some pizza!

Weather for tomorrows match is looking sucky.

Windy with snow flurries and snow showers possible before noon. Partly cloudy later. High near 40F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph. High Wind Warning from Sat, 8am until Sat, 5pm MST

So tonight I'll either be fortifying myself for it, or drowning my sorrows in skipping it, either way, lets strap on the feed bag and par-tay!

Well lets see I have cherry pie....tons of christmas cookies.... three boxes of chocolates... but no pizza. I think I may have to run to the store to fix that.

Pizza is in the oven, and Drinks are still on Okie's tab!

Ah, Griz man...I can smell it from here!!!!

Dietary restrictions foreclose my chances for pizza, but I paid part of my tuition throwing dough and spreading cheese in an Italian restaurant, and it was all you could eat for free at dinner time...ahh, to be young again.

Pour me a Bailey's on the rocks, Bottles...I can still have one of those on Friday nights....

LL

CB, I am debating that very question right now.

Here is the weather forecast for the range.

Temps I can deal with, 30 percent change of snow flurries I can handle, but it's the dang wind and high wind warning that is giving me pause.

Kinda hoping that the club would cancel the match and take the decision out of my hands...

we had a pepperoni pizza tonight and shared it at the real estate office.

I brought the German cookies--no joke! 3 kinds: glazed gingerbread rounds with chocolate bottoms; Pfefferneusse [feffer noisa] with powdered sugar; also lemon filled and frosted

mmmm they are thick and soft---kinda like the baker :lol:

mmmm they are thick and soft---kinda like the baker :lol:

That's the way I like 'em both!

Hey CB, take a look at that forecast and tell me what you think, should I even drive a little over an hour to the range, or just hang it up now and sleep late?

Grizz

It looks a mite dicey to me , the wind is what is going to be the killer .

The weather is not going to be that bad here , but I am still a bit under the weather , myself

CB

Yeah, that's kinda where I am as well. And it's not just standing out in the wind shooting, but driving there...

Well, it would only take my about ten minutes to load the car in the morning, everything is staged and ready on the shelves just inside the garage, with the irons in a duffel in the safe. So I guess I'll just get up and check the forecast, if it's still nasty go back to bed, if its better, take a shower and head out.

Grizz, we had a brown christmas here so, Lady Hawk talked me into firing up the grill.

Da menu was/is :

Sliced or chopped BBQ wif cole slaw, camp fire beans, freedom frys, hushpuppies, watermelon rind pickles, and iced sweet tea.

And fer dersert, some cake balls coated in melted milk chocolate !

(Easy ladies.......Easy now ! :unsure: )

But seein' how Okie's buyin, I'll have some drinks of Bulliet ! :wub: :wub:

Brought some fruit cake.

Sorta like this.

1/2 cup each- black raisins, golden raisins, dried cherries, dried apples, dried apricots, dried pineapple (cut into small pieces with scissors or knife before measuring)

2/3 cup each- macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios (use unsalted nuts only), all coarsely chopped

(I'd add currents to the dried fruit, but no macadamia or pistachios. Use hazel nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans instead)

1/2 cup rum

1/2 cup Triple Sec liqueur

(use port instead of the rum and Triple Sec)

12 T butter, softened

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 tsp. grated orange zest

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. cream of tartar

1/4 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. fresh, grated nutmeg (you don't need a special grater; just scrape it with a paring knife blade)

1/4 tsp. cloves

1/4 tsp. mace

(I would almost double most of those, and add in ginger and allspice)

Mix the fruit, nuts and liquor together and let stand covered for at least 24 hours. Stir several times.

Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease 2 regular-size and 4 mini-loaf pans. Line them with foil or parchment paper and grease the lining.

Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, orange zest, and maple syrup and mix well.

Combine the dry ingredients and spices and stir into the batter.

Add Fruit and nut mixture, blend well, and put into loaf pans. You'll have to smooth the top of the batter once it's in the pans.

Bake at 325 F. - 1 hour 20 min. for a regular loaf, less for the mini-loaves. The top should be browned and springy and a toothpick should come out clean.

Cool the cakes in the pans, the remove. The tradition is to age the fruitcake for several weeks with rum, brandy, etc. but it's also delicious fresh from the oven. (Thanks to the heat of baking, the fresh cake contains very little alcohol.)

Of course, traditionalists claim that aging improves the cake (although it may also contribute to it's negative reputation). The handy thing about aging is that you can bake it weeks or months in advance, which can be convenient in the busy Holiday Season.

If you want to age it, here's how:

Wrap each cake in cheesecloth dipped in rum or brandy. Place the cakes in a tightly covered container- a metal box, etc. Every few days, dampen the cakes with more liquor and close the container tightly.

Enjoy!

And I would use port rather than rum or brandy. Or maybe loganberry wine.

I heard on some newscast the other day that the Denver area has had at least one inch of snow on the ground every day in December this year, that don't happen very often.

My step son and his wife live in Colorado Springs.

She a 1st LT in da Air Force Jag Corps. :FlagAm:

He's still a civilian..............................................

God bless them !

well heck fire Hawk, ya need to come visit them sometime, and while yer here...

My mother in law lives in the Springs, will be heading down there Sunday to do the holiday thing with her and the rest of the family.

(Hawk staggers into da Saloon wf a half empty Bulliet bottle in hand )

HAPPY RUDE BEER Y'ALL ! :lol: :lol:

Well, shooting or not, I should head for the bunkhouse.

And if I don't talk to you tomorrow...

Happy Nude Rear!

back atcha Pards! I have a funny nude-rear pic of a toddler in cowboy hat and boots standin near a brahma bull :unsure: gettin ready for the ride of his life

As I was home and not shooting, I consented to go shopping with Miz Grizz, she wanted to go to a seasonal store at the mall that features local artists offering, including all manner of crafts.

On the way out, walking back to the car, the wind caught my baseball style cap, took it some thirty feet in the air and across the parking lot with me giving chase in my ussual slow mosey. It was quite a sight to see the hat flying so high. Thankfully is came back to earth between two cars where the wind couldn't carry it further and I was able to retrieve it without further incident.

Grizz, we whr in a winter storm warnin' last night.

Was to git 3" to 4" of snow and high winds.

I can gladly report to you dat all I see now is brown grass and leafs and dat sound yur hearin is not my big Green snow shovel..............

It's da neighbor's Cub Cadet lawn mower and he's pickin' up leaves wif it ! :blink::wacko:

Hey Grizz !!!!

Let's open up dis Saloon ! ! B)

Hell, it's gotta be 5:00 pm somewhar in da world.....................:lol: :lol:

Don't it ? ? :unsure:

Dang wind ain't stopped here today. I doubt we'll hit 40 degrees.

The pizza dough is risin as we speak.

I'm flippin between bowl games and the Walking Dead marathon. Life is good. :lol:

Archived