SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for my better half, please (UPDATE)

Pards, I know the prayer list has been pretty full lately, but I was wondering if you could add my wife Catherine to your prayer list. She got sick with a severe cold on Christmas Eve, and has not really gotten much better. I'm especially concerned about her severe cough, since she also has asthma. I took her to the doctor earlier this week and they gave her an antibiotic, but so far, she is still hacking her full head off. Please say a prayer or two for her that she will get better soon. Thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

1-2-12

Catherine is still not doing very well. Had to take her to a Wellstar clinic today (1-1-12). She tried to take a decongestant list night, and the resulting mucus flow kept her up literally all night with a violent persistent cough. When we got to the clinic, her blood oxygen level was below normal. They gave her a albuterol breathing treatment while we were there, prescribed another antibiotic to try and deal with the sinus inflammation, and suggested that she try taking an antihistamine like Benadryl to dry up the mucus. They also said to go to the ER for a chest x-ray if her condition does not improve in a day or two (I hope it does not come to that). She is still having trouble catching her breath, and she cannot lay down for long periods of time to sleep before she starts coughing again.

Please ask everyone to keep her in your prayers. Thank you.

Prayers up from Texas for healing for Catherine.

Prayers up Pard !

Any time needed just ask .

GOD BLESS !

Prayers up, Matt. You gotta be real careful about those coughs that linger on. I speak from personal experience a few years back. Turned into full-blown pneumonia. You take good care of the missus. Like I said, prayers up.

You got 'em, sir.

Make up a big pot of ginger and lemon tea. Lots of fresh ginger. Sweeten it with honey. Or hot brandy with ginger, lemon, and honey.

For a few years in the winter we just kept either that or some mulled wine going on the stove or in a slow cooker. The hot spiced wine helped open everything up.

My prayers for a full and speedy recovery... Peace and comfort... Hot tea, Lemon, Honey, and an ounce of medicinal whisky should help...

Vaya con Dios

Prayers and good thoughts for my friend and his and hopes that your better half makes a speedy recovery.

From CC's camp fire to yours.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Pards, I know the prayer list has been pretty full lately, but I was wondering if you could add my wife Catherine to your prayer list. She got sick with a severe cold on Christmas Eve, and has not really gotten much better. I'm especially concerned about her severe cough, since she also has asthma. I took her to the doctor earlier this week and they gave her an antibiotic, but so far, she is still hacking her full head off. Please say a prayer or two for her that she will get better soon. Thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

Howdy Matt, I'LL say a prayer for her , May the Big Guy watch over her and make her well real soon.

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

†Prayers on the Way†

Prayers are on the way. Might have her checked for other problems while they're at it.

Shawna's recent problems started with "chest congestion and a cough". Turned out to be congestive heart failure, atrial arhythmia, erratic PB, and a whole slew of other problems, none of which were evident before.

Prayers are on the way. Might have her checked for other problems while they're at it.

Shawna's recent problems started with "chest congestion and a cough". Turned out to be congestive heart failure, atrial arhythmia, erratic PB, and a whole slew of other problems, none of which were evident before.

Yes! The first doc I took my dad to said "bad cold". Antibiotics did nothing.

The second doc diagnosed emphysema.

I'm wishing her a speedy recovery.

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

Prayers up, Pard.

We know about that cough. Miss Hazel has been going through something similar since she got her flu shot last month.

All the best,

Henry & Hazel

Archived