SASS Wire Forum

Whats going on here, no Hornady 357 XTP bullets

Iron Pony

Want to put up some more 357 loads for the new blackhawk and since I was close to Rileys in Hooksett yesterday I stopped in to do some shopping. Kind of like old mother hubbards house the cupboard was bare of 125 grain XTPs, and lots of other sizes/weights as well. Ok, so I check another shop today and same story, very limited supply of JHP slugs. Hmmm. Did I miss something or just hit a low point in inventory?

Looks like I'll go on line with Midway or such and see what they have on hand. Was looking forward to using up a bunch of AA#9 or 296 and seeing how the Ruger likes higher end loads, guess I'll have to wait a bit.

Want to put up some more 357 loads for the new blackhawk and since I was close to Rileys in Hooksett yesterday I stopped in to do some shopping. Kind of like old mother hubbards house the cupboard was bare of 125 grain XTPs, and lots of other sizes/weights as well. Ok, so I check another shop today and same story, very limited supply of JHP slugs. Hmmm. Did I miss something or just hit a low point in inventory?

Looks like I'll go on line with Midway or such and see what they have on hand. Was looking forward to using up a bunch of AA#9 or 296 and seeing how the Ruger likes higher end loads, guess I'll have to wait a bit.

My son uses that ammo for his Deer rifle, and around here the shelves are always empty around Deer season.....October to January here.

BSD

BSD that may be part of it but I can normally pick up a box or two at Rileys as they keep a good stock of reloading supplies on hand. This time there were big gaps on the shelves for Hornady, Sierra, Speer and Nosler among others. Just struck me as odd but I figure it had something to do with the end of the year and taxes etc which came up a month or so ago when I was talking with the owner about his supply of shot.

Midawy should drop off a heavy box next week and I can get to loading them up so maybe its time to shoot some 38s.

I called Hornady about when they were going to start packing their FTX bullets.

Right now the demand is so high for the self defense ammo that reloaders have to take a back seat until they can get caught up.

Reckon it's the same for the XTP bullets as well.

Archived