SASS Wire Forum

bright idea

Red Logan #12252

I especially like the inspiring and pulse-quickening words of Rep. Burgess:

“When the American people gave Republicans control of the House in January, one of the major issues involved was the Democratic ban on the 100 watt bulb,” said Rep. Michael Burgess, who fought to preserve the incandescent bulb. “Republicans have fulfilled our promise to the American people by allowing them to continue to be able to choose what type of bulb they use at home.”

The new bulbs that replace the old bulbs have chemicals in the that are considered hazoudous waste and are banned from landfills. So, When you break one, you have poisoned your house with the chemicals. I think they forgot to tell everybody that part.

Does this mean I can stop stockpiling incandescent bulbs? I could use that closet they are stacked up in for something else.

Thanks for posting that. I was getting ready to go to Home Depot and buy a couple hunret lite-bubs in 75-100 watt. Thought I'd buy enough to last me the rest of my life, now I can buy a gun with the $$$ instead. Just sayin'

Big Jake

The bigger problem is the law to ban incandescent light blubs has caused all the manufacturers of those bulbs to move their manufacturing plants to Mexico and off shore.

SO if you can find them you still may want to buy.

Archived