SASS Wire Forum

New Laws...

Good Grief...

California has 745 new laws taking effect in the new year! :blink:

Dang... there oughtta be a limit! Legislators oughtta be required to buy a "new law tag" (outta their own pockets) and be closely watched by "New Law Wardens...!" :rolleyes:

That's it... By Golly, rules for passing a new law should be at least as tough as the regulations on duck hunting~! ^_^

745 ???? :blink:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yup. Seven Hunnert 'n' Forty-Five.

California's New Laws

Dang... that's more'n two a day! :huh:

Only four seem to do with guns, though... reckon we should oughtta consider ourselves lucky. :unsure:

And that's only this one state - wonder what the Feds have done... :(

Should be a provision in the Constitution of the State of California that mandates for every new law passed, two get taken off the books.

That's been suggested. ;)

Should be a provision in the Constitution of the State of California that mandates for every new law passed, two get taken off the books.

Would you be terribly upset if I modified that a bit? I suggest that for every new law passed, two POLITICIANS get taken off the books. :)

I looked at the PDF from the link ... 51 pages of titles.

If you had a book where the table of contents alone was 51 pages, how many thousands of pages of gibberish would that be?

It's getting to the point in this country where you can't scratch your own butt without running afoul of some law or another.

Welcome to the USSA.

Here in Illinois, we sum up our gun laws in three words. NO CONCEALED CARRY!

Screw The Taxpayers....

Good Grief...

California has 745 new laws taking effect in the new year! :blink:

Dang... there oughtta be a limit! Legislators oughtta be required to buy a "new law tag" (outta their own pockets) and be closely watched by "New Law Wardens...!" :rolleyes:

That's it... By Golly, rules for passing a new law should be at least as tough as the regulations on duck hunting~! ^_^

======================================================

Somewhere I have a pamphlet of Virginia hunting laws from 1961, all 10 pages or so of it, and no index. Virginia hunting laws for 2011-2012 are in a 8.5 X 11 booklet of 67 pages with index, and that doesn't even include the federal migratory bird and waterfowl regs. The fishing laws for the same period are even worse.

Illinois has 200 new laws taking effect on January 1st.

Archived