SASS Wire Forum

SASS alias lookup section

Southpaw Gringo, SASS # 74217

Has anybody tried looking for an alias with the SASS alias lookup section? Im trying to find an unused alias for a pard who would like to join SASS but it just keeps saying," that alias has already been taken". It dosent matter what we come up with. We can just make up anything and it says its unavalible. I know I can call but I think this service is faulty. Here try it for youself and tell me what you find. Is it just me or what? http://www.sassnet.com/AliasLookup.php

Has anybody tried looking for an alias with the SASS alias lookup section? Im trying to find an unused alias for a pard who would like to join SASS but it just keeps saying," that alias has already been taken". It dosent matter what we come up with. We can just make up anything and it says its unavalible. I know I can call but I think this service is faulty. Here try it for youself and tell me what you find. Is it just me or what? http://www.sassnet.com/AliasLookup.php

Tried it and it's working normally. Came up with one on the first try that it said was not already taken (Dudeye Dave).

Try again. There are over 90,000 aliases taken, so be creative!

Welcome to your new pard and good luck! :)

Harvey

Gringo, run an alias thru there again - make up a real nonsense name. When it comes back, it will say:

"The Following SASS Aliases have already been taken by existing SASS members and are no longer available:"

"Existing SASS Member Aliases"

If there are no aliases listed in that block, down at the bottom it will say:

No matches found for "XXXXXXXX"

Once you get that answer, it means your choice is not in use, but it still has to be approved by the Alias Givers in SASS Headquarters. As long as your choice isn't too risque, and doesn't look or sound like an existing alias, you're golden.

Tried it and it's working normally. Came up with one on the first try that it said was not already taken (Dudeye Dave).

Harvey

The creativity is flowing over here only to be shot down. I dont get it Harvey. We tried the one alias you came up with. "Dudeye Dave" a minute ago and it says it was taken! :angry: Maybe its my computer......

Gringo, run an alias thru there again - make up a real nonsense name. When it comes back, it will say:

"The Following SASS Aliases have already been taken by existing SASS members and are no longer available:"

"Existing SASS Member Aliases"

If there are no aliases listed in that block, down at the bottom it will say:

No matches found for "XXXXXXXX"

Once you get that answer, it means your choice is not in use, but it still has to be approved by the Alias Givers in SASS Headquarters. As long as your choice isn't too risque, and doesn't look or sound like an existing alias, you're golden.

I see what your saying Bama Red. It seems if the alias is available or not it will always say' "The following SASS alias have already been taken by exsisting SASS members and are no longer available". Maybe thats whats throwing me off. I think they need to correct that. It sould say, "yes that alias is available" for us slow thinking folks....

Seems we have rogue electrons runnin' and funnin' on the internet tonite :blink::wacko::ph34r::lol:

When I enter "Dudeye Dave" I get ONLY: "no matches found".

If you enter just "Dud", you will get the listing of a bunch of existing aliases starting with "Dud", pretty much as stated above. If it does not include what you submitted ("Dud" in this case) it means you can submit to the office where they will finalize the check.

I recommend calling them rather than internet or mailing - it was the easiest way I found - they are cowboy friendly, courteous and helpful!! Call the office!

Good Luck,

Harvey

I just tryed it with Hootowl Howard and it said "no match found"

Also, just call the HQ if the 'puter thing isn't workin' - that's what I did for my wife (Sassy Sunrise) and I got an instant answer...:)

Happy New Year

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Worked for me too.

I tried some ridiculous name then I tried Waimea.

Anyway, it came back with no matches on the made up name.

But when I looked up Waimea there were two: Waimea (me) and Waimea Cowboy (somebody I'd like to meet).:excl:

Interesting....

Waimea

:FlagAm:

It worked the first try for me just now !

Good luck Pard B)

Interesting. I looked myself up, and found no entry for Lt. I. M. Lost, Lt IM Lost, Lt. Lost, but did find myself with Lt. I.M. Lost. So, I guess even if you don't find an entry (exact spelling) the "sounds like" requirement might still get you.

Tried it and it's working normally. Came up with one on the first try that it said was not already taken (Dudeye Dav

Harvey

My results for Deadeye Chick;

The Following SASS Aliases have already been taken by existing SASS members and are no longer available: (THIS STATEMENT MAKES IT CONFUSING)

Remember! - Just because an alias isn't found does NOT mean it will be accepted. The final call is always made by a SASS customer service representitive. You can contact the SASS office M-F at: (877) 411-SASS. Be creative, and good luck!

Existing SASS Member Aliases

No matches found for Deadeye Chick (THIS IS THE ACTUAL RESULT FOR THE SEARCH)

Archived