SASS Wire Forum

What or who the hell is a Dooley?

Rockridge,SASS #8763

I thought the theme song was this other'n....

Dooley was a good old man he lived below the mill

Dooley had two daughters and a forty gallon still

One gal watched the boiler the other watched the spout

Mama corked the bottles when old Dooley fetched them out

Dooley slippin' up the holler Dooley tryin' to make a dollar

Dooley give me a swallow and I'll pay you back some day

The revenuers came for him a slippin' through the woods

Dooley kept behind them all and never lost his goods

Now Dooley was a trader when into town he'd come

Sugar by the bushel and molasses by the ton

Dooley slippin' up the holler...

Well I remember very well the day old Dooley died

The woman folk felt sorry and the men stood round and cried

Now Dooley's on the mountain he lies there all alone

They put a jug beside him and a barrel for a stone

Dooley was a good old man he lived below the mill

Dooley had two daughters and a forty gallon still

One gal watched the boiler the other watched the spout

Mama corked the bottles when old Dooley fetched them out

Dooley slippin' up the holler Dooley tryin' to make a dollar

Dooley give me a swallow and I'll pay you back some day

The revenuers came for him a slippin' through the wood

Dooley kept behind them all and never lost his good

Now Dooley was a trader when into town he'd come

Sugar by the bushel and molasses by the ton

Well I remember very well the day old Dooley died

The woman folk felt sorry and the men stood round and cried

Now Dooley's on the mountain he lies there all alone

They put a jug beside him and a barrel for a stone

prs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude - English!!!!

OY!

Englash whut? I ain't be no englash, we woopd em yars ago an now thy thank we pards. I be a bonny fidy US citzen buorn n razed. Ain't no dude neether, bin roun longer than ewe yong feller, So now, whut y'all fixen on sayn huh? Speek up sun.

Oy???? dad ya dun fart?? s'ok, happins ta mi all'tyme.

English what? I ain't no english, we beat them yars ago and now they think we pards. I'm a bonny fidy US citzen born n razed. Ain't no dude neether, bin roun longer than you yong feller, So now, what y'all fixen on sayin huh? Speek up sun.

Whatever...just thinkin that your Cowboy Slang is a bit silly. A little is funny...a lot is just kinda sad.

And congrats on being around longer...send me yer address and I'll send you a pretty little badge.

Cheers!

:FlagAm:

Hey Rockridge, heres hopin you shoot Gunfighter, if so, one day

you might be inducted into Jedi Gunfighter bunch, also Dooley gang.

You might just qualify for Dooley gang, they let me and Griz join.

Bet you and me might just get along.

Dude - English!!!!

OY!

Ahhh, hellfire, Phantom! He already said his name was Johnson....... :rolleyes:

I think we have a positive ID here! :lol:

Phantom,

If his hook sets much deeper you're gonna have a big hole in your cheek :rolleyes::)

Harvey

Who's thinkin' Rockridge has entertained himself (mostly) and us (a little) long enough - it was funny and ironic for a good bit (who really got their panties in a wad?), but time to let it rest. :ph34r:

Englash whut? I ain't be no englash, we woopd em yars ago an now thy thank we pards. I be a bonny fidy US citzen buorn n razed. Ain't no dude neether, bin roun longer than ewe yong feller, So now, whut y'all fixen on sayn huh? Speek up sun.

Oy???? dad ya dun fart?? s'ok, happins ta mi all'tyme.

Hey Phantom,

I think he's writing in cowboy ebonics. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Well, thanks all, Hope we've had a little fun. I've just been trying to provide a little levity in an all together too serious and sad world.

You Dooley's sound like y'all might be jest fine, but I still got some doubts about prancin around in a purple arm band, might tarnish my stellar reputation. And Yes, I've shot Gunfighter on on occasion.

Phantom old bean, if you'd prefer the Queen's most proper and stuffy English, I'd say dear chappy that your a bit of an old pooh in the punch bowl. Bit too too much starch in your knickers old fellow? <_<

I'll close now and wish you all a Very Happy New Years. Maybe we'll meet on the trail somewhere.

May God Bless Y'all,

He's sure Blessed me.

Well, thanks all, Hope we've had a little fun. I've just been trying to provide a little levity in an all together too serious and sad world.

You Dooley's sound like y'all might be jest fine, but I still got some doubts about prancin around in a purple arm band, might tarnish my stellar reputation. And Yes, I've shot Gunfighter on on occasion.

Phantom old bean, if you'd prefer the Queen's most proper and stuffy English, I'd say dear chappy that your a bit of an old pooh in the punch bowl. Bit too too much starch in your knickers old fellow? <_<

I'll close now and wish you all a Very Happy New Years. Maybe we'll meet on the trail somewhere.

May God Bless Y'all,

He's sure Blessed me.

I think the prancing is optional. :lol:

I was wromg tex would never say hes sorry for stiring the pot!

Sorry? I ain't sorry 'bout nothin, just run this string out and time to quit.

Via Con Dios Pard.

I think the prancing is optional. :lol:

"Whut inna Wild Wild World of Sports isa goin on here........................" :lol:

But you gotta include the prancin' for those all-important style points! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rockridge, I quite appreciate your input and your command of the language. Your prose seems quite familiar, your accent rings a bell, like I've heard it before.

I forget the old geezers name, 'bout 10 years back, here on the wire, he was a half brother to Manatee. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the sea mammal clan would ya?

Deja Vous all over again!

Finally...english.

My work here is done.

Now see if you can get Cheyenne Culpepper to install spell check and the entire SASS WAHR will host a toast. :D;):lol:

Rockridge, I quite appreciate your input and your command of the language. Your prose seems quite familiar, your accent rings a bell, like I've heard it before.

I forget the old geezers name, 'bout 10 years back, here on the wire, he was a half brother to Manatee. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the sea mammal clan would ya?

Oh no! :o;)

I'm an unclaimed spawn of the Johnson clan. I ain't got not damned relation to Mr. Sea Cow. Please do not bring that individual up in any conversation related to me again. Haarummp!

Hear hear!

I'm buying! ;)

Greetins Miss Allie, I remembered another individual from HS. Powder Bern. Ya also reminded me of when they gave Elk Butt the stuffed (deer)butt at the awards ceremony. "Must be Present to Win" :P

I haf an advershun ta water, swimin er bathen init, er drinkin et, et's not helthy. Fish fornikate in et. Figgerin thot's watts ta mattar wit thot ol sea cow feller - two mach water.

Greetins Miss Allie, I remembered another individual from HS. Powder Bern. Ya also reminded me of when they gave Elk Butt the stuffed (deer)butt at the awards ceremony. "Must be Present to Win" :P

Hi Rocky,

Powder Bern was a "world-class" Lady Modern shooter. I haven't seen her or her husband, J.C. Boggs, in a few years. Last I heard, J.C. had some serious back issues.

Do you remember Diamond Dick, who is the TG for River City Regulators (Yolo Sportsman's Range)? He was inducted into the SASS Hall of Fame at the Convention this year. Unfortunately, he is very ill with a blood disorder similar to leukemia.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I think ya meant Deja Vu.

Deja Vous is over in the Saloon. :lol:

Hi Rocky,

Powder Bern was a "world-class" Lady Modern shooter. I haven't seen her or her husband, J.C. Boggs, in a few years. Last I heard, J.C. had some serious back issues.

Do you remember Diamond Dick, who is the TG for River City Regulators (Yolo Sportsman's Range)? He was inducted into the SASS Hall of Fame at the Convention this year. Unfortunately, he is very ill with a blood disorder similar to leukemia.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I do remember old Diamond Dick. Very sorry to hear he and J.C. are ailing.

Best

That's why you're so familiar. Yer the offspring of mah 'ole cousin' Chubby Johnson who got hisself kilt a few years ago in a Deadwood brothel. Ifn' ya git ta driftin' back this way soon, ah cud use sum hep wif an 'ole '97 dats bin actin' up.

Ah'm still holdin' yer Christmas present too!

Haarumph, Haarumph!!

That's why you're so familiar. Yer the offspring of mah 'ole cousin' Chubby Johnson who got hisself kilt a few years ago in a Deadwood brothel. Ifn' ya git ta driftin' back this way soon, ah cud use sum hep wif an 'ole '97 dats bin actin' up.

Ah'm still holdin' yer Christmas present too!

Haarumph, Haarumph!!

Wel o'l seccund Cuz, I thin I liks ya jest fine, jist don brang up that o'l sea cow heffer ani mor. Yer betr wattch tho er o'l Phantom ann hiz ol englash naztis be camplanin bout ha yer tauks.

Haarump!

Wel o'l seccund Cuz, I thin I liks ya jest fine, jist don brang up that o'l sea cow heffer ani mor. Yer betr wattch tho er o'l Phantom ann hiz ol englash naztis be camplanin bout ha yer tauks.

Haarump!

No...actually adding a little flavor to the post is understandable...writin the whole post with "flavor" is retarded...IMNSHO.

Gee...wunder why younger folks think this game is not fer them...

Cheers!

Phantom

Rockridge, due to my bad manners I have not welcomed you back to the wire and to shooting SASS again...I would like to invite You and Yours to the Bar 3 Ranch, a night shoot with the Dammits (know Laylow would be proud)or a ride on the Jedi Spaceship of Gun fighters... We are all just trying to make our weekend fantasy part of going through life...I don't read or write very well and don't understand some of the things you spoke of ----MAYBE--- someday you will attend CAC and you can explain things yourself....it is a lot easier to explain in person.. I am sorry again I did not respond first on this thread BUT I was in Oregon learning how to ride a horse better and having a shooting school for SASS. Things have changed a bit in the last 10 years and I or eveyone else in SASS will be glad to help you adjust into your new beginning with SASS.. Grab your best buddy, your camping gear and come on out to End of Trail this year,,come on out to the Ranch and shoot with us,,we would be proud to visit and spend a great weekend together... Thanks T-Bone

Rockridge, due to my bad manners I have not welcomed you back to the wire and to shooting SASS again...I would like to invite You and Yours to the Bar 3 Ranch, a night shoot with the Dammits (know Laylow would be proud)or a ride on the Jedi Spaceship of Gun fighters... We are all just trying to make our weekend fantasy part of going through life...I don't read or write very well and don't understand some of the things you spoke of ----MAYBE--- someday you will attend CAC and you can explain things yourself....it is a lot easier to explain in person.. I am sorry again I did not respond first on this thread BUT I was in Oregon learning how to ride a horse better and having a shooting school for SASS. Things have changed a bit in the last 10 years and I or eveyone else in SASS will be glad to help you adjust into your new beginning with SASS.. Grab your best buddy, your camping gear and come on out to End of Trail this year,,come on out to the Ranch and shoot with us,,we would be proud to visit and spend a great weekend together... Thanks T-Bone

Howdy Colonel,

Much Thanks fer the invite. I mite take ya up on it some day. EOT is in a part of the territory I have travelled greatly and darly lov. But I also don't like crouds and don't git long with big bunches a folk 2 well (tell yer a litle secreat, I'm rite shi, butt don tell no un) But I likes whiskie an guud fok.

seams lik yer gott a lott a gud fok in yer gang. Likt ta meet um sum time.

Soory ta here ya was in Oregun Territori an dident mak er ta Washingtun. The fok in the eastern providence a WA is darn nice an we no ha ta ride an rope too. Be carful bout them westies tho, specilly a feller namin Mud Flat Mike, but his woman Nellie Belle's a rite gud woman.

Com on up an shoot with us in Rattlesnake Gulch Somestime.

Via Con Dios, Hope We Meets ona Trail somestyme.

• 2 weeks later...

No...actually adding a little flavor to the post is understandable...writin the whole post with "flavor" is retarded...IMNSHO.

Gee...wunder why younger folks think this game is not fer them...

Cheers!

Phantom

Mr. Rockridge Sir:

Aye Guv'nr we never got a "HAARUUMPH!" from this guy. U ain't gonna git a rope like fer the last guy that didn't haaruumph is ya?

Iffn dat suns or sons is gitten to ya mebbe this'l hep.

Try closing your eyes and click your spurs 3 times while saying, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home" if that doesn't work chant like Mr. Wizard, "Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle drone time for this one to come home".

Represented the Dooley Gang Saturday nite at a practice shoot in Racine, WI. I proudly wore my purple arm band!

Represented the Dooley Gang Saturday nite at a practice shoot in Racine, WI. I proudly wore my purple arm band!

Was Ya a Prancin? :wacko:

Archived