SASS Wire Forum

What or who the hell is a Dooley?

Rockridge,SASS #8763

OK, I'm a recalcitrant, ornery, ancient, CAS shooter and I try to ignore all the damned, BS, pontificating, noise, trivia, crap and drivel, but it finally has got to me that there's some damned conspiracy goin on with some pilgrims callin themselves Dooley. Who in the hell are these bunko steerin mavericks?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big chief of the gang is T-Bone Dooley... Owner/operator of Badlands Bar 3

He's got maybe 300 (correction 963) shooters in his gang... called The Dooley Gang..

Your rant on your beginning post will probably tick off most everyone that participates on this wire...

T-Bone (the head honcho) is probably the most respected person of SASS outside of the Wild Bunch..

He puts on (with the help of others) some of the best shoots in the nation..

Comin' at Cha... U.S. Open..Midwest Classic.. Triple Crown..plus many more

He and his gang are well known all thoughout the ol' USA amongst Cowboy Shooters.

Rance <_<

Thinkin' be careful there Rockridge.. :mellow:

There's a whole bunch of us.. :blink:

Wanna join? :)

Guess.. just sayin'.. tread lightly how ya speak of him :blush:

I'm a proud Dooley Gang member... read the stuff in every shooters Avatar..

WE.. are all proud to be Dooley Gang Members :rolleyes:

A "Dooley" is a descendant of the world famous Tom Dooley. You know, the man that had a song about him years ago. He was told to hang down his head, hang down his head and cry, cause, poor boy you're bound to die. They have all recognized the need to band together and call themselves the Dooley Gang, fighting off outside infiltration but honoring anyone as a member if they will just ask. Mighty good guys to put up with tho. It also helps if ya like to drink out of a fruit jar and sing karoake. Shootin fast is a plus.

Hope noone takes this serious. :lol::lol:

I don't mean no damned offense (yet) but I ain't shy or timid neither boys, so don't be threatin me no ways. I don't believe in joinin much of anythin - too damned ornery and set in my ways to put up with anybody till'n me what to do, rules or fences. Jest curious about this here secrete society thang y'all has ta faller. Y'all got some secrete handshake or coded stitchin on yer long-johns er sumthin? Maybe Y'as ok or maybe y'all's liberals or revenoors and need hangin. Elucidate a curious crotchity ole bastard.

A "Dooley" is a descendant of the world famous Tom Dooley. You know, the man that had a song about him years ago. He was told to hang down his head, hang down his head and cry, cause, poor boy you're bound to die. They have all recognized the need to band together and call themselves the Dooley Gang, fighting off outside infiltration but honoring anyone as a member if they will just ask. Mighty good guys to put up with tho. It also helps if ya like to drink out of a fruit jar and sing karoake. Shootin fast is a plus.

Hope noone takes this serious. :lol::lol:

Hang down your head and cry...

I don't mean no damned offense (yet) but I ain't shy or timid neither boys, so don't be threatin me no ways. I don't believe in joinin much of anythin - too damned ornery and set in my ways to put up with anybody till'n me what to do, rules or fences. Jest curious about this here secrete society thang y'all has ta faller. Y'all got some secrete handshake or coded stitchin on yer long-johns er sumthin? Maybe Y'as ok or maybe y'all's liberals or revenoors and need hangin. Elucidate a curious crotchity ole bastard.

I hear you have to use toilet paper, so that leaves you out. Stick to them thar corncobs. :P

Tsk, tsk, tsk - oh, Rockridge, me bucko!!

Ain't nothing wrong about being unaware of what's going on, especially if you been away for awhile. What is regrettable is being unaware as well as arro.......opinionated.

Sometimes the process of acquiring an education can be painful, sometimes embarrassing. In your case I fear it may be both.

Bama (who's gonna sit back with a bowl o' popcorn and a cold adult beverage and watch) Red

I have a huge smile on my face.

Mr. Rockridge, Sir...

The Dooley Gang has no secret handshake.... and no hidden agenda

Just want to make new friends and make folks smile

When I go to a shoot away from home, I look for the folks wearing purple arm bands.

Why? because they are in some secret society? No....

Because they are usually pretty fun folks to hang out with

...nothing secret or sinister about it...just friends I haven't met yet

No one will ask you to join

You gotta want to be a Dooley Gang member

Not everyone wants to be in the Dooley Gang and that is certainly okay.

We will still show you respect and wish you well

I hear you have to use toilet paper, so that leaves you out. Stick to them thar corncobs. :P

What the hell's this toilette paper stuff?

Tsk, tsk, tsk - oh, Rockridge, me bucko!!

Ain't nothing wrong about being unaware of what's going on, especially if you been away for awhile. What is regrettable is being unaware as well as arro.......opinionated.

Sometimes the process of acquiring an education can be painful, sometimes embarrassing. In your case I fear it may be both.

Bama (who's gonna sit back with a bowl o' popcorn and a cold adult beverage and watch) Red

Bringer on hoss - we kin all go ta hell t'gether

I have a huge smile on my face.

Mr. Rockridge, Sir...

The Dooley Gang has no secret handshake.... and no hidden agenda

Just want to make new friends and make folks smile

When I go to a shoot away from home, I look for the folks wearing purple arm bands.

Why? because they are in some secret society? No....

Because they are usually pretty fun folks to hang out with

...nothing secret or sinister about it...just friends I haven't met yet

No one will ask you to join

You gotta want to be a Dooley Gang member

Not everyone wants to be in the Dooley Gang and that is certainly okay.

We will still show you respect and wish you well

Y'er a mite purty filly so I'll try ta behave meself. Sounds a mite too touchy-feelin ta me - like commune-ists er sumthin - specially them purple headband thangs. Ya ain't from Frisco are ya?

Rockridge,

I suspect you were a mite bored when you posted your query ^_^ If that is not the case, take a look here for info about the gang:

http://badlandsbar3.com/dooleygang.htm

Harvey

Whose adult beverage is tall and cool, popcorn slowing down - going ta get it out! B)

Well Rockridge, Since you seem all twisted up finding out that there's Dooley's and Cliff has mentioned the Dammit's Well Pard I just want you to sit down,relax and know that there's Pooley's out there and they know how to have a bit of fun. How's that for putting a twist in your evening.

Bama, C.Lady, have another sip.

Seems like maybe a small burr has worked it's way under your saddle blanket whilst you were away from shooting SASS. But fear not. There are even groups for ornery old cusses like us which you could join...if you was a joiner...like GOFWG ;)

Just folks havin fun. :lol:

Pretty nice folks too.

Question is. What or WHO the hell, is Rockridge.

Sounds like he has a stick stuck somewhere.

The gang has done more for SASS than you ever will even think of.

And some of most fun people around, that will do anything to help someone.

Sorry you don't get that.

I must go now. Have to work on that secret hand shake thing. :blink:

P.S. Some people don't get it, don't want to get it. Will never get it.

Feel sorry for folks like that.

T Bone Dooley is the nicest man and the most fun to be around of anyone.He is good for SASS and for CAS.If you ever meet him you would not be so rude.

Don't know Who...but the What may be the town of Rockridge in the movie Blazing Saddles.

Krazy (who was just recently inducted into Dooley Gang very kindly by Wimpy and needs to get a purple armband) Kajun

Why you should be on the lookout for Dooley Gang Members.

If you see one purple arm band keep your eye on it.

If you see two purple arm bands together get a little closer to them, because

If you see three purple arm bands the party is ready to start.

Four? Grab a glass, you are probably behind and the Crown Royal is already flowing.

Noz, who is proud to have been inducted by the great TBone himself assisted by Tall Drink of Water.

Just to stur the pot a little.

Dooley..just might not be his REAL name ..the 'rigional.. that is... look it up on the incylopidee for the history..interesting.

I have been in the court house in Statesville or Saulsbury NC where he was tried.

Dang woman anyway!!

;)

The Dooley GangTM Covenant

· Wear a purple armband to every shoot you attend.

· Let shooters know about your experience with other Dooley GangTM members.

· Always live by the “Cowboy Way.”

· Live and let live.

· Have fun and remember that SASS as a game, not a sport.

· Work hard on your posse and help where you can.

· Be fair to everyone regardless of their class or level of shooting.

· Help out new shooters. They are helping to keep the game alive.

· Tell people what you know if it can help them become a better shooter.

· Vote “no” for unnecessary restrictions and rules. More rules are like more laws, they are often misinterpreted and nearly impossible to abolish.

· Try to make it to the Badlands Bar 3 annual match, Comin’ at Cha, at least once in your life.

I would think this should calm all your worries, Rockridge

The Dooley GangTM Covenant

· Wear a purple armband to every shoot you attend.

· Let shooters know about your experience with other Dooley GangTM members.

· Always live by the "Cowboy Way."

· Live and let live.

· Have fun and remember that SASS as a game, not a sport.

· Work hard on your posse and help where you can.

· Be fair to everyone regardless of their class or level of shooting.

· Help out new shooters. They are helping to keep the game alive.

· Tell people what you know if it can help them become a better shooter.

· Vote "no" for unnecessary restrictions and rules. More rules are like more laws, they are often misinterpreted and nearly impossible to abolish.

· Try to make it to the Badlands Bar 3 annual match, Comin' at Cha, at least once in your life.

Seems a great group to ride the river with ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

We be a fun luvin' bunch! :)

Rockridge, most of the folks you'll run across wearin the purple arm band are in this game to have fun. Yeah, some are competitive, some not so competitive, but all are in it for the fun! Hope you'll check us out. Have a nice day! :)

P.S. Al, T-Bone says there is a new secret handshake. I'll see if he'll show it to me this weekend. ;)

We be a fun luvin' bunch! :)

Rockridge, most of the folks you'll run across wearin the purple arm band are in this game to have fun. Yeah, some are competitive, some not so competitive, but all are in it for the fun! Hope you'll check us out. Have a nice day! :)

P.S. Al, T-Bone says there is a new secret handshake. I'll see if he'll show it to me this weekend. ;)

oooo show me, show me!

and I gotta get me some of them long johns with the special "secret" stitching too... maybe it keeps a shooter's panties from getting in a bunch over what other folks are doin'

Sounds like he has a stick stuck somewhere.

The gang has done more for SASS than you ever will even think of.

And some of most fun people around, that will do anything to help someone.

Sorry you don't get that.

I must go now. Have to work on that secret hand shake thing. :blink:

P.S. Some people don't get it, don't want to get it. Will never get it.

Feel sorry for folks like that.

And there's Al...

sayin what the rest of us are thinkin again

love ya AL!!

Hi Rocky!

One of the many wonderful things about the Dooley Gang is they are inclusive and welcome all rather than being some kind of "high falutin" clique.

The Dammits are only a tiny bit exclusive in that you must shoot, after dark, at least one round that loaded with black powder and this must be done in the presence of a Dammit Gang member.

I am proud to be a member of both gangs.

:wub: my Gangs!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Rocky!

One of the many wonderful things about the Dooley Gang is they are inclusive and welcome all rather than being some kind of "high falutin" clique.

The Dammits are only a tiny bit exclusive in that you must shoot, after dark, at least one round that loaded with black powder and this must be done in the presence of a Dammit Gang member.

I am proud to be a member of both gangs.

:wub: my Gangs!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Howdy Allie Mo: don't forget that the JEDI GunFighters are the 'Highest Falutin' bunch..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

I tell ya what folks, I don't fit in anywhere, I'm short, bald, fat, rude, ugly, dimwitted, half blind, smell bad and I have gas most of the time. Yet in spite of all of that, I was welcomed into the Dooley gang like a sackfull of shiny 20 dollar gold pieces.

Archived