SASS Wire Forum

O.K. I admit I am a...

I have come o this realization as the close of the year approaches.

I have denied it long enough, and mt recent activities confirm my admission....

November 2011>

Colt 1908 .380

Colt 1903 .320

Davis .22 derringer

December 2011>

Marlin 1892 .22 lever rifle made in 1899

Marlin 39 .22 lever rifle made in 1922

Can't wait for 2012

Yes, here are the pics....

My toys

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Nice!

so far this year I have bought a Marlin 94 in .44-40, a S&W Model 15 with a 2" barrel, a Model 19 a EMF Dakota in .45 LC and a Sig P250 SC. :wacko: :wacko:

I know I am also ,but if we have any meeting will we just feed the fire ?

He's got and He's got and She's got I need and I wont !

Its like a crack habit that some people have .

Once you git your fix you start looking for your next HIGH :excl:

I really don't want to go back the entire year... It all started when I bought a new safe....

IT'S THE SAFE"S FAULT!

I GOTTA FILL IT.....

JJJ-D

You should go cold turkey and send your guns to me.

LOL I could not handle the withdraws :blush::D:lol:

JJJ ,nice guns.

Due to personal events in my life, I have only shot one match in 2011. I haven't bought any new one that I can think of. How ever I decided just before Thanksgiving I better put the guns I have laying about in the safe for the up coming holidays. This turned in to a bit of an adventure. I found guns I hadn't seen in 4 or 5 years. Some still have the gunsmith repair tag on them. (I miss Old Scout) I even found some I don't remember getting but they are listed on my gun numbers list.

Well I could go one but the point is I put 17 guns in the safe and this does not include my 4 main match guns (use them almost daily in the shop to test loading data before reloading unfamiliar loads) and my home defense guns. A 2" 5 shot stubby and a 12ga pump.

I have decided I better go through things again and look more closely.

2011 saw me buy one new one, a Baikal

and win another, a Ruger LC9

and to close out the year I'm about to pull the trigger and order a 73, though it will be February likely before I see it. Can I count it for both years then??

Geeeez JJ, with that kind of attitude, in 2012 you could be the proud owner of two or three dozen new guns. Maybe a another new safe too. :rolleyes:

I only got room for a few more in this one.... :blink:

Maybe 3 long guns and 2-3 handguns, darn... :unsure:

JJJ-D

I did about average this year...

2 Marlin (JM) 1894CB .45 Colt

2 Marlin (JM) 1895CB .45-70

1 Marlin 1894 (obviously JM) .38-40

1 Winchester 1894 Legendary Frontiersman .38-55

1 TTN 1878 12g Coach Gun

1 IAC 1887 12g lever shotgun

1 Richland 711 10g SxS

1 Stoeger 3500 12g

1 Uberti 1875 Remington .44-40

1 Iver Johnson Safety Hammerless .32 S&W (gift/living inheritance)

1 1916 Erfurt Luger 9mm (gift/living inheritance)

1 1910 Mauser pocket pistol .25acp (gift/living inheritance)

1 Ruger New Vaquero 7 1/2" .45 Colt

1 S&W M&P .40 S&W

1 Uberti 18" Buntline .45 Colt

1 Walther P1/P38 9mm

1 SIG/GSG 1911-22

1 Enterprise 10g SxS

1 Lyman Great Plains Rifle .50 cal flintlock

1 Ruger Old Army 7 1/2" blue

In all fairness, I also sold 15, so a net gain of only 7. :)

Had only one (large) gun safe for 30 + years. Discovered SASS/CAS 3 years ago and have a second (large) one now, and it's full. Was at a local sports store yesterday and the salesman walks up to me and says "saw you looking quite a while at that gun safe, can we help you own it?" Hadn't even realized I'd glanced at it. :P

But to the original question (I've heard it before from SWMBO), I am NOT a Gun-a-Holic!!! :rolleyes:

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :lol:

Harvey

Regarding my gun purchases in 2011...

I admit nothing...

I deny everything...

I demand proof...

and I stand ready to make counter accusations...

:rolleyes:

I only got room for a few more in this one.... :blink:

Maybe 3 long guns and 2-3 handguns, darn... :unsure:

JJJ-D

Hey JJJ...do you have one of those door hanger kits on your safe that holds handguns and other things? I was running out of room to put pistols and bought one of those....freed up 8 more slots. They also have a stackable hand gun rack at Midway USA that holds 7 pistols each and has a little shelf for mags underneath is. If you buy 2 of those and stack them that'll be room for 14 handguns with room for the mags as well. I am going to order the 2 pistol racks, stack them up and that'll fix me up for a while.

2011 saw me buy one new one, a Baikal

and win another, a Ruger LC9

and to close out the year I'm about to pull the trigger and order a 73, though it will be February likely before I see it. Can I count it for both years then??

No count it only as 2011, date of ordering.

Then you can safely say you haven't bought a new gun this year, 2012.

Go buy one, you deserve it

Hey JJJ...do you have one of those door hanger kits on your safe that holds handguns and other things? I was running out of room to put pistols and bought one of those....freed up 8 more slots. They also have a stackable hand gun rack at Midway USA that holds 7 pistols each and has a little shelf for mags underneath is. If you buy 2 of those and stack them that'll be room for 14 handguns with room for the mags as well. I am going to order the 2 pistol racks, stack them up and that'll fix me up for a while.

Kajun, do you have a link for the door hanger kits?

I keep meaning to make a pistol rack for the top shelf of my safe, so as to better store, and make room for more handguns. Maybe this winter I'll get a round tuit.

I made my own and attached it to the inside of the door. It's full up already W/pistols, revolvers, small semi autos, and a derringer. I could getr maybe one more derringer on it. It freed up a lot of room, but I stillhave two shelves for handguns, I put the shorter long guns under the shelves.

I bought one of the racks and it was just a tad too long. I gotta get a short one to get more space.

Should be an interesting 2012.... :lol:

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

You say it like it's a bad thing.........

It keeps me out of the bars at night....

Due to personal events in my life, I have only shot one match in 2011. I haven't bought any new one that I can think of. How ever I decided just before Thanksgiving I better put the guns I have laying about in the safe for the up coming holidays. This turned in to a bit of an adventure. I found guns I hadn't seen in 4 or 5 years. Some still have the gunsmith repair tag on them. (I miss Old Scout) I even found some I don't remember getting but they are listed on my gun numbers list.

Well I could go one but the point is I put 17 guns in the safe and this does not include my 4 main match guns (use them almost daily in the shop to test loading data before reloading unfamiliar loads) and my home defense guns. A 2" 5 shot stubby and a 12ga pump.

I have decided I better go through things again and look more closely.

Cliffy, yah need to sell some o' dem guns... to me! :rolleyes:

Wishing you the Best in this New Year. Looking forward to shooting with you again.

Forgive me Father J.J.J. for I have sinned..........................................................................................in the twelve months I have had the following follow me home:

.303 SMLE Mk III

.22lr Chiappa upper for my AR

M44 Mosin Nagant carbine

1895 Nagant revolver

Sig Sauer P238

Lots of ammo for the above (they got lonesome)

I admitted to none of it......................................................

I did say they were all under $50.00 each................................:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kajun, do you have a link for the door hanger kits?

I keep meaning to make a pistol rack for the top shelf of my safe, so as to better store, and make room for more handguns. Maybe this winter I'll get a round tuit.

The stackable pistol rack can be found here at MidwayUSA.com for $14. I like this because it can go on the top shelf of my gunsafe and hold 7 pistols and mags underneath. You can also get a second one and stack it on top of the first one for a total of 14 positions.

I have a Cannon gun safe and there is a door mounted pistol storage kit that mounts on the inside of the door. You can find the pistol storage kit here for $40. I bought mine at the local Academy store but you can buy it online from them or other websites as well. The safe door has 2 holes in the top of it inside and the pistol storage kit just hangs off two hooks. There are also 2 holes on the bottom of the door and there are 2 additional hooks that hook there. Its pretty secure. I saw several other brands of gun safes that had these same holes in the top and bottom of the door so this might work for you.

I bought some velcro holsters that just stick on the hanging kit. I place them so that the pistols clear the inside parts of the safe when it closes. The kit also has two small pouches that affix by velcro as well....I keep papers and a few other things in them.

I was able to squeeze a little more top shelf space by trimming off the bottom 6" of the vertical boards in my safe. This lowered the top gun supports 6" thus making more room for the top shelf. One other benefit of lowering the top gun supports is that now my smaller carbine rifles reach the holes in the supports and have proper support. Before they didn't reach and just rested against the side of the safe.

Sorry for the long winded reply....this is just what I did to make the maximum use of the storage space in my safe. More room for more guns without buying a new safe....what a concept!!

Nice!

so far this year I have bought a Marlin 94 in .44-40, a S&W Model 15 with a 2" barrel, a Model 19 a EMF Dakota in .45 LC and a Sig P250 SC. :wacko: :wacko:

OMG it's worse than I thought!!! I forgot about a Colt New Frontier in 22/22mag and a little Colt .25......geez, it's getting bad when ya ferget what ya have! I just ran across these yesterday. ^_^ Rye

I did about average this year...

2 Marlin (JM) 1894CB .45 Colt

2 Marlin (JM) 1895CB .45-70

1 Marlin 1894 (obviously JM) .38-40

1 Winchester 1894 Legendary Frontiersman .38-55

1 TTN 1878 12g Coach Gun

1 IAC 1887 12g lever shotgun

1 Richland 711 10g SxS

1 Stoeger 3500 12g

1 Uberti 1875 Remington .44-40

1 Iver Johnson Safety Hammerless .32 S&W (gift/living inheritance)

1 1916 Erfurt Luger 9mm (gift/living inheritance)

1 1910 Mauser pocket pistol .25acp (gift/living inheritance)

1 Ruger New Vaquero 7 1/2" .45 Colt

1 S&W M&P .40 S&W

1 Uberti 18" Buntline .45 Colt

1 Walther P1/P38 9mm

1 SIG/GSG 1911-22

1 Enterprise 10g SxS

1 Lyman Great Plains Rifle .50 cal flintlock

1 Ruger Old Army 7 1/2" blue

In all fairness, I also sold 15, so a net gain of only 7. :)

I don't feel so bad now....

Ya sure have been busy! :rolleyes:

JJJ-D

Forgive me Father J.J.J. for I have sinned..........................................................................................in the twelve months I have had the following follow me home:

.303 SMLE Mk III

.22lr Chiappa upper for my AR

M44 Mosin Nagant carbine

1895 Nagant revolver

Sig Sauer P238

Lots of ammo for the above (they got lonesome)

I admitted to none of it......................................................

I did say they were all under $50.00 each................................:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

$50!

In CA it is "All under $100 each..."

AND I got some beach front property in New Mexico ya might be interested in.... :lol:

JJJ-D

I only got one this year. It's a new to me EMF 1892 44wcf.

JJJ, ultra top secret (silent mode--you can double up your slabside rifles, two to a hole, so you can get many more in there.)

Jailhouse Jim,

I tried the doubling up of long guns at two per hole. That gave way to buying more gun socks and removing the long gun dividers and just stacking the long guns alternating butt and muzzles to get three or four times the number of long guns it says it should hold. The second safe holds the guns I use monthly or weekly.

I made sliding wire racks for the hand guns. You can put guns on both sides and three racks hanging from each shelf. Access to all is easy.

------------------------------

Uno Mas, I do think I have a few that could go to new homes.

Euroarms Rogers & Spencer .44 new in box.

American Arms .22 C&B 5 shot 1" barrel stainless

Rossi 12ga in near new condition. Might keep this one. Maybe two boxes through it at varmints after chickens.

Some others but I have to find time to go through the safes.

This part should have been saved for the classifieds.

Jailhouse Jim,

I tried the doubling up of long guns at two per hole. That gave way to buying more gun shocks and removing the long gun dividers and just stacking the long guns alternating butt and muzzles to get three or four times the number of long guns it says it should hold. The second safe holds the guns I use monthly or weekly.

Now there is another good ideer. I'll need to look that plan over.

Archived