SASS Wire Forum

Excellent article about folks who say 'Merry Christmas'

http://www.onlineamd.com/Author.aspx?AuthorID=3046

ok...I am done with that subject - until next year :lol::P

Happy New Year 2012 - Cheers!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gunner,

I have no problem with the phrase Merry Christmas. I even use it.

Excellent aarticle? It is just more of the same intolerance and reverse descrimination I've been seeing over the last few weeks. I am sick of reading posts by and about folks who have a chip on their shoulders over other folks use of some other joyful terms, such as "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays."

The un-Christian attitude by those with chips on their shoulders only diminishes them in my eyes.

Also, having the last word is highly overrated. So go ahead, post away. This thread is all yours. I was tired of this topic quite a while ago.

Regards,

Allie Mo

LOL Happy New Year GG

GOD BLESS B)

Allie,

I agree with you about some of the intolerance that was expressed on some of the other threads, but think you may have misinterpreted what I think GG and the article was endorsing, overall (granted, the article wandered a bit in making the point).

I found this statement in the article to be the central, elucidating part:

"As I see it, it's their prerogative to criticize me for not being politically correct. However, I'm not forcing my beliefs on them. So, why do they feel compelled to impose their beliefs on me?"

We all have our beliefs, and it is the urge of some of those who hold a particular belief to ENFORCE it on the rest us us that I find offensive. I think you do too.

Cheers,

Harvey

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, and now I look forward to a Happy New Year!

Allie,

I agree with you about some of the intolerance that was expressed on some of the other threads, but think you may have misinterpreted what I think GG and the article was endorsing, overall (granted, the article wandered a bit in making the point).

I found this statement in the article to be the central, elucidating part:

"As I see it, it's their prerogative to criticize me for not being politically correct. However, I'm not forcing my beliefs on them. So, why do they feel compelled to impose their beliefs on me?"

We all have our beliefs, and it is the urge of some of those who hold a particular belief to ENFORCE it on the rest us us that I find offensive. I think you do too.

Cheers,

Harvey

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, and now I look forward to a Happy New Year!

Agreed Harvey ;)

Wishing you a fantastic New Year...

Gunner,

Excellent aarticle? It is just more of the same intolerance and reverse descrimination I've been seeing over the last few weeks. I am sick of reading posts by and about folks who have a chip on their shoulders over other folks use of some other joyful terms, such as "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays."

The un-Christian attitude by those with chips on their shoulders only diminishes them in my eyes.

Also, having the last word is highly overrated. So go ahead, post away. This thread is all yours. I was tired of this topic quite a while ago.

Regards,

Allie Mo

No chip on this shoulder. ;)

Enjoy the New Year...

Gunner,

Regards,

Allie Mo

The "CHIP" part, is what some may have thought on my post. But I also saw chips on some that answered, because thay didn't fully read the writing. I said I had no problems with the "Season Greetings, Happy holiday". What I objected to was the being told, insistance of establishments telling their people to only use those greetings, not to use Merry Christmas as a Greeting, or reply. Also the banning of banners signs, with Merry Christmas.

I promise I will never post another subject in either direction on this type again, nor answer a post on such subjects. Opinions are personal matters to me.

Thanks for posting though, Happy New Year. MT

And I always thought the holiday season was a Christian celebration about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Oh well, wrong again, Merry Christmas anyway, and Blessings to All! :)

And I always thought the holiday season was a Christian celebration about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Oh well, wrong again, Merry Christmas anyway, and Blessings to All! :)

It is - I reckon we wouldn't have the 'holiday season' if that weren't the case :)

Blessings to you also pard!

I hear a lot more "Merry Christmas" these days and I suppose that these discussions that have been going on for a few years may account for it. I use the phrase almost exclusively myself.

But I agree with Allie Mo that this guy in the article and most who start these repeated threads do, in fact, have a chip on their shoulders. That's why the discussions go sideways. The guy took the time to write an article about his own annoyance and practically begged the reader to take a swing at that chip. My own idea is to reduce to an absolute minimum the things one gets angry about.

As Twissel said:

"For many years my nerves were like electric wires. Then I discovered the first axiom of human accord: I accept each person on his own terms. I keep a close tongue in my head; I offer opinions only when so solicited. What a remarkable change! Dissension vanishes, novel facts emerge, digestion flows like a wide river."

I hear a lot more "Merry Christmas" these days and I suppose that these discussions that have been going on for a few years may account for it. I use the phrase almost exclusively myself.

But I agree with Allie Mo that this guy in the article and most who start these repeated threads do, in fact, have a chip on their shoulders. That's why the discussions go sideways. The guy took the time to write an article about his own annoyance and practically begged the reader to take a swing at that chip. My own idea is to reduce to an absolute minimum the things one gets angry about.

As Twissel said:

"For many years my nerves were like electric wires. Then I discovered the first axiom of human accord: I accept each person on his own terms. I keep a close tongue in my head; I offer opinions only when so solicited. What a remarkable change! Dissension vanishes, novel facts emerge, digestion flows like a wide river."

:) ...we all have our preferences, prerogatives, opinions and rights...and some seem to want to misinterpret and make 'chips' out of those....As I have said many times over 'Live and let Live'. In America we can express our views freely - it's just hoped that vile, dispicable, rude rebuttals don't see their way into them....Sadly it happens though.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya and hope a nice holiday came your way...;)

Archived