SASS Wire Forum

Started reading a free Kindle book

Grizzly Dave

I was a bit hesitant to get into the e-reader craze, but since Miz Grizz got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas, I figured I needed to figure out how I was going to use it.

She had downloaded The Log of a Cowboy A Narrative of the Old Trail Days on to the Kindle for me, so I decided to give it a go. I like the feel of a book in my hand so I was expecting not to think much of reading on a tablet.

Well, after I got the font size adjusted to where I could see it easier, I'm rather enjoying the book. The book itself seemed to start a bit slowly, but I am finding it interesting. Reading on the tablet is fairly easy, though I have found myself holding it wrong and accidentally turning pages when I didn't want to.

Overall I give the little gadget two thumbs up.

Grizz

Lots of the classics are available as free downloads on Amazon's website. I downloaded Zane Gray's "Lonestar Ranger", Jack London's "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang", and RL Stevenson's "Treasure Island" recently.

Grizz,

Ah gotz a Kindle from Santa too,

A good "cover" makes it much easier to hold onto,

and keeps it cleaner.

I downloaded a dozen Zane Grey's fer free ta' git started ;)

Will need to get Sassy Sunrise a cover for hers - she is LOVIN' that Kindle Fire!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ellie Mae Maverick (my 14 y/o daughter) got one from Santa, too. I don't think she's laid it down since she opened it. Also made the house "wireless" at the same time, so she Facebooks, reads, downloads music and movies. NetFlix was also added so she's in hog heaven. I'm amazed at the things you can do with that thing. :unsure:

Chick

Caution: shameless self-promotion follows.

My first two books are available on Kindle. They aren't free, but they aren't terribly expensive. $4.99 each. My third will be set up there some time in the next few weeks...

Archived