SASS Wire Forum

Once the Pin Is Pulled

Subdeacon Joe

Kudos to the Instructor.

From bounce back to burst was only four seconds. Quick thinking by the instructor certainly prevented a tragedy.

Just proves that good training will keep you alive later on no matter whose army you're in.

Wonder if the instructor had the thought flash through his mind to leave the fumble fingered nimrod up on the raised area? He probably did but like any good NCO he acted for the best of those in his charge and saved numb nuts despite the near overwhelimg urge not to.

Hey Joe, did you notice how the trainee kind of, well lets say "minced" away? Betcha he needs a uniform change. :lol:

Wonder if the instructor had the thought flash through his mind to leave the fumble fingered nimrod up on the raised area? He probably did but like any good NCO he acted for the best of those in his charge and saved numb nuts despite the near overwhelimg urge not to.

Hey Joe, did you notice how the trainee kind of, well lets say "minced" away? Betcha he needs a uniform change. :lol:

From the design of the pit it looks like the trainee might have been pretty safe even if he just hunkered down. But I bet there would have been a lot of paperwork if he had been injured.

He kind of "minces" up to the platform too, that kind of prancing almost run that some armies use.

What did it bounce off of?? It looks like it was well over the sandbags...??

It looks like the sandbags line the pit. Some have said that there is a short wire fence in front of it and the grenade bounced off that. Video quality is kind of poor, so it's hard to say for sure.

A fence would make sense - the sandbags look level with the ground and ya don't want somebody inadvertently falling into the safety pit and getting hurt.

From the design of the pit it looks like the trainee might have been pretty safe even if he just hunkered down. But I bet there would have been a lot of paperwork if he had been injured.

He kind of "minces" up to the platform too, that kind of prancing almost run that some armies use.

Perhaps his feet were bound as a child. :lol:

It looks like the sandbags line the pit. Some have said that there is a short wire fence in front of it and the grenade bounced off that. Video quality is kind of poor, so it's hard to say for sure.

Either that or he just muffed the throw like a shortstop to first base. :rolleyes:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Dam... a boomerang handgrenade. Now... if only we could just ship some of them to the Taliban.

ts

Dam... a boomerang handgrenade. Now... if only we could just ship some of them to the Taliban.

ts

:lol: :lol: :lol: Always thunkin', ain't ya, Tennessee.

That and some of them Tomahawk missals that could boomerang. :lol: :lol:

ts

Hey! That's not nice - Joe Biden said the Taliban are not our enemies....:wacko:

:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You can see a smoke trail as it bounces back. I guess 'maybe' he could have put enough back spin on it to cause it to stop in flight and go backwards.

I've seen Tebow do it. :rolleyes::lol:

Some people just shouldn't throw things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnqyMiqvzI&feature=player_detailpage

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I've seen Tebow do it. :rolleyes::lol:

Some people just shouldn't throw things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnqyMiqvzI&feature=player_detailpage

Good grief... my dear, departed Momma could throw better than the current POTUS... today even.

If BO ever goes to jail... he best not drop the soap.

ts

i wonder how many push up's that bozo had to do after that. Great job on the instructor for saving that guys ass!

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

No push ups....just dig a new one with a spoon.

Smart design for the station. It gives good protection.

That was the first thing I noticed. If one goes down into the hole, you could even stay reasonably safe just hunkering down on the platform. And lots of area to duck down on a side away from a grenade.

Archived