SASS Wire Forum

Entertained some folks at 5 stand today

Iron Pony

Since I knew we were going to have a small turnout today at the club for trap and 5 stand I decided to take the TTN hammergun and a box of BP shells with me to see what would happen.

Shot two rounds with the 1100 and then pulled out the coach gun while we were taking a break to warm up in the trap shed. Back out to the line with 4 other shooters after warning them all of the smoke and boom.

Shot a single and a pair of doubles from each position. After the first pair I asked if folks would help me keep track of any hits I might get which got a laugh or two. Shot about a seven which included a left/right pair which had to be more luck then anything else. Not sure why but one shooter to my right kept covering their ears and taking a step back when I fired.

I can attest to the fact that a 20" bbl, cylinder bore gun shooting 60 grains of 2f under a little better then a square load of #9 shot is not real good for longer shots. It does draw attention and kept everyone on the line entertained, the bbls also served as a nice handwarmer.

Archived