SASS Wire Forum

In Remebrance!

Dec 25 1997 was the day the Lord invited my father to His birthday celebration. My dad was everything to me and as far as I'm concerned "The Greatest Man that ever lived!"

Merry Christmas to all of you and may the memories of the loved ones you have lost bring you comfort and joy!

Dec 25 1997 was the day the Lord invited my father to His birthday celebration. My dad was everything to me and as far as I'm concerned "The Greatest Man that ever lived!"

Merry Christmas to all of you and may the memories of the loved ones you have lost bring you comfort and joy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you also :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Marshall,

Dec. 25 1994.... My Mom...

My father left us on Christmas Day in 1975. He was only 52.

Dad was in almost every major battle in the European theater serving with the 83rd infantry and winning the Bronze Star while fighting with Pattons 3rd army at the Buldge.

There is always a somber moment or two every Christmas. I still miss his smile, his wisdom and his strength

My father left us on Christmas Day in 1975. He was only 52.

Dad was in almost every major battle in the European theater serving with the 83rd infantry and winning the Bronze Star while fighting with Pattons 3rd army at the Buldge.

There is always a somber moment or two every Christmas. I still miss his smile, his wisdom and his strength

Wow! My Dad also fought at the Bulge with Patton, he also earned the Bronze Star there!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas. I lost my Dad on Thanksgiving Day 1984, and still think of him everyday. I try to not let it stop me and my Family from having a good Holiday.

Big Jake

Our mom died the day after Christmas 1998. She was a Christmas baby and her 74th birthday was the day before.

Very sad, but she died instantly without pain or fear. Hope that's the way I go when it's time.

This has never affected the Christmas season for us. The particular day of our death is, it seems to me, just fortuitous.

My wish is for all of you that have lost loved ones at the holidays to find peace in your hearts knowing they suffer no more. Grandkids can do a lot to help you rediscover the magic of the season. I still have my folks but I know my mother wouldn't want me to mourn for her. There is too much good in life and she has always told us kids to get on with it. She always told us the only person you are making miserable is yourself. My dad is a piece of work and his views are really strange so I won't trouble you with them. Just know that there are people here on the wire that do care for how you feel. Don't miss the wonder that is there for you to find.

Archived