SASS Wire Forum

Two handed shooters

rustyfinger 22618

Yep. I have done it.

Duelist is legal in all categorys.

And only a GFer can have to LOADED pistols in hand at the same time.

But that empty SG is fine to have in hand while shooting a pistol with the other.

Is it ok to use just one hand? Say if you have to move with a open empty shot gun,stop shoot handgun,move with shotgun again,then shoot hand gun again.

Thanks Rusty.

Sometimes stage instructions would prohibit this. If stage instructions said Shoot S1 and S2, then move to position 2, place shotgun on hay bale, then shoot first pistol, pick up shotgun and move to position 3, etc. You would not be allowed to hold shotgun and shoot pistol in that example.

Bottom line is this, at any time a shooter in a two-handed category MAY opt to use only one hand to shoot the pistols for any or no reason.

I would add that gunfighters MUST use EACH hand.

From the handbook:

Stage design may allow a competitor shooting Gunfighter Style to stage or restage revolvers

between target sequences. If the stage scenario requires the use of another firearm between

the revolver sequences or the shooter’s hands are otherwise constrained (e.g., rolling the

dice between revolver sequences), the revolvers must be drawn and shot one at a time unless

they can be safely staged rather than holstered. In this case, both revolvers may be

employed at the same time for the first five rounds, safely restaged, and then employed at

the same time again for the second five rounds.

I would add that gunfighters MUST use EACH hand.

From the handbook:

Stage design may allow a competitor shooting Gunfighter Style to stage or restage revolvers

between target sequences. If the stage scenario requires the use of another firearm between

the revolver sequences or the shooter’s hands are otherwise constrained (e.g., rolling the

dice between revolver sequences), the revolvers must be drawn and shot one at a time unless

they can be safely staged rather than holstered. In this case, both revolvers may be

employed at the same time for the first five rounds, safely restaged, and then employed at

the same time again for the second five rounds.

Gunfighter is a "one handed" category, (one hand on any one gun) and wasn't what was asked.

I guess I should re-state to say any shooter signed up as a two-handed style MAY opt to shoot "duelist" style if his or her little heart desires. (that's how I first tried out duelist under match conditions. I simply told the RO "we gonna try this "one wing" bit" .....

If yer really feeling froggy or have already blown up yer match, try "outlaw" (one hand, no sights, fire from the hip or at least below the plane where sights could be used). It's a hoot.

Gunfighter is a "one handed" category, (one hand on any one gun) and wasn't what was asked.

I guess I should re-state to say any shooter signed up as a two-handed style MAY opt to shoot "duelist" style if his or her little heart desires. (that's how I first tried out duelist under match conditions. I simply told the RO "we gonna try this "one wing" bit" .....

If yer really feeling froggy or have already blown up yer match, try "outlaw" (one hand, no sights, fire from the hip or at least below the plane where sights could be used). It's a hoot.

AJ that is why i asked.thanks to you all MERRY CHRISTMAS,Rusty.

If you're shooting in an age based category, you can change the pistol shooting style as you want during the match, one stage two hands holding the pistol, one stage duelist, one stage double duelist and even one stage gunfighter and so on.....

If you're shooting in an age based category, you can change the pistol shooting style as you want during the match, one stage two hands holding the pistol, one stage duelist, one stage double duelist and even one stage gunfighter and so on.....

Sorry, aged based can't shoot gunfighter, from the handbook:

AGE BASED

• Any Main Match revolver.

• Revolvers may be shot any style except Gunfighter.

and even one stage gunfighter and so on.....

As Dutch pointed out. That would be a P. For shooting out of category.

Duelist or Double Duelist would be fine.

I know a shooter that shot a big match signed up as 49er, but shot the whole match as a Double Duelist.

Won 49er and overall. :o

Sometimes stage instructions would prohibit this. If stage instructions said Shoot S1 and S2, then move to position 2, place shotgun on hay bale, then shoot first pistol, pick up shotgun and move to position 3, etc. You would not be allowed to hold shotgun and shoot pistol in that example.

Why couldn't ya still hold the shotgun? Just lay it on the bale and keep a holt of it. Shootin one handed with the pistol.

Why couldn't ya still hold the shotgun? Just lay it on the bale and keep a holt of it. Shootin one handed with the pistol.

Well if you placed it on the bale flat and remained in contact with it, likely a no call. If your fingers were keeping it from laying flat, could be a penalty.

Archived